Congress Overwhelmingly Saves Funding

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Iliad, Sep 13, 2003.

  1. Iliad

    Iliad Guest

    You may have seen this already, but:

    The U.S. House of Representatives cast a critical vote for bicycling on Sept. 4. By a vote of 327 to
    90, the House passed a bipartisan amendment to restore funding for the transportation enhancements
    program for fiscal year 2004. The amendment, sponsored by Congressmen Tom Petri (R-WI) and John
    Olver (D-MA), enjoyed strong bipartisan support thanks to the diligent efforts of bicyclists across
    the nation.

    http://www.americabikes.org/

    Tags:

  2. The two GOP congressmen (from Oklahoma & Texas) who tied to jam this down throat of Congress don't
    even understand how far right they are. Warning: they will be back.

    --
    Gator Bob Siegel NOT in Gainesville FL "iLiad" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > You may have seen this already, but:
    >

    > The U.S. House of Representatives cast a critical vote for bicycling on Sept. 4. By a vote of 327
    > to 90, the House passed a bipartisan amendment
    > restore funding for the transportation enhancements program for fiscal
    year
    > 2004. The amendment, sponsored by Congressmen Tom Petri (R-WI) and John Olver (D-MA), enjoyed
    > strong bipartisan support thanks to the diligent efforts of bicyclists across the nation.
    >

    > http://www.americabikes.org/

  3. Mlb

    Mlb Guest

    "iLiad" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > You may have seen this already, but:
    >

    > The U.S. House of Representatives cast a critical vote for bicycling on Sept. 4. By a vote of 327
    > to 90, the House passed a bipartisan amendment to restore funding for the transportation
    > enhancements program for fiscal year 2004. The amendment, sponsored by Congressmen Tom Petri
    > (R-WI) and John Olver (D-MA), enjoyed strong bipartisan support thanks to the diligent efforts of
    > bicyclists across the nation.
    >

    > http://www.americabikes.org/

    OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!

  4. Avgrin

    Avgrin Guest

    wrote in mtwo GOP congressmen
    > (from Oklahoma & Texas) who tied to jam this down throat of Congress don't even understand how far
    > right they are. Warning: they will be back.
    B"H

    Bob, who are the two congressmen from OK and TX?

  5. Mark Leuck

    Mark Leuck Guest

    "iLiad" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > You may have seen this already, but:
    >

    > The U.S. House of Representatives cast a critical vote for bicycling on Sept. 4. By a vote of 327
    > to 90, the House passed a bipartisan amendment
    > restore funding for the transportation enhancements program for fiscal
    year
    > 2004. The amendment, sponsored by Congressmen Tom Petri (R-WI) and John Olver (D-MA), enjoyed
    > strong bipartisan support thanks to the diligent efforts of bicyclists across the nation.
    >

    > http://www.americabikes.org/

    That should to me be a state issue and not a federal, just more money down the drain

  6. Mlb

    Mlb Guest

    "Mark Leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > "iLiad" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> You may have seen this already, but:
    >>

    >> The U.S. House of Representatives cast a critical vote for bicycling on Sept. 4. By a vote of 327
    >> to 90, the House passed a bipartisan amendment
    >> restore funding for the transportation enhancements program for fiscal
    > year
    >> 2004. The amendment, sponsored by Congressmen Tom Petri (R-WI) and John Olver (D-MA), enjoyed
    >> strong bipartisan support thanks to the diligent efforts of bicyclists across the nation.
    >>

    >> http://www.americabikes.org/
    >
    > That should to me be a state issue and not a federal, just more money down the drain

    Except fed has cut so much money to states that they can't even pay the real bills. Nothing
    left there.