Congressman Sam Farr at 8/17 Fest - Skot Creates New Route

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Cycle America/N, Jul 30, 2003.

  1. In monster huge news, we just found out that Congressman Sam Farr will be speaking at the endpoint
    for our National Mayors' Ride, our second annual August 17 Santa Cruz NBG Bike Fest
    http://www.nationalbicyclegreenway.com/Events/Festival . And talk about a public servant of the
    highest order, Sam's coming up from nearly a hundred miles away **during his vacation** to talk
    about a dream he and I share, and an important part of the National Bicycle Greenway network -- a
    pathway along the coast from Santa Cruz to Monterey. And Sam is The Man who carries a bike stick
    where locating the bucks are concerned to make all of it real. The driver who was a great force in
    ushering the world famous Cannery Row bike path in Monterey into form, at our event he will be
    taking about what his office is doing to make the Coastal Rail Trail from Santa Cruz to the Pajaro
    River a reality. WoW WoW -- Excited!!

    And a Santa Cruzan who stands to benefit from Sam's work will also be here via Eugene, Arcata and
    soon Napa!! That's right, Skot Paschal who was just the toast of the town in Arcata as per the
    pictures http://NationalBicycleGreenway.com/gallery that just came in from Mayor Bob's bike excited
    town (Bob Ornelas might even ride some of Bay Area Mayors' Ride cities and wants also to be at the
    Festival!) is also creating a new likely relay leg for next year as he does so. Skot just announced
    that he will be at the Friday August 1 proclamation ceremony in Napa meaning he will have forged an
    Arcata to Napa bike connection. And here to describe his day's riding is some more of his epic
    Pocket Mail poetry and fun writing :

    Uphill for pert near ever Now has nothing to do with the top. Feeling clear of any ideas Watching in
    the rear Looking at the sky above me Letting it all just happen redflower, hawk, lush blackberries,
    and just a touch of fear.(That's healthy). and when the summit levels towards a 10% grade a party's
    just about to start like an eagle downward through the thermals you glide

    Subject: Ukiah Sushi

    Firing down the spicy tuna hand roll with a large Tsingtao in the 15,000+ town of Ukiah. Highway 101
    from Willits is a road of beauty. There is brand new blacktop and super shoulders. Even though there
    was considerable traffic, the wide "bike" lane and over 10 miles of sailing downhill made it a
    beautiful way to end a challenging HOTTTT day.

    There are some high clouds rolling in. My hope is that represents a cooling trend. The road to Napa
    brings back fond memories. The Napa marathon was my last big race before the legs said,"You wanna
    play? Ride a bike." Good advice and it will be sweet to ride the road I ran. Then I can say I rode
    the road I ran. Getting too silly. Time for a Deluxe CA roll.

    In a peldaling state of mind, Sk.

    Having little, you can receive much. Having much, you'll just become confused. -Lao Tzu

    ------------------------------
    Local access to PocketMail mobile e-mail now available in Europe, North America & Australia
    http://www.pocketmail.com

    Skot Paschal is a popular Santa Cruz middle school math teacher at http://www.skot.web-page.net Skot
    can be reached on the road at: [email protected]

    MARTIN KRIEG: "Awake Again" Author c/o BikeRoute.com 79 & 86 TransAms, nonprofit Nat. Bicycle
    Greenway CEO Ever wanted anything so bad U were willing to die for it? Really die? By moving thru
    clinical death and reversing paralysis, *I saw God* when I answered that question.

    Tags:

  2. WOOPEE DO! If one goes to the following link, they will probably find that alot of what Cycle
    America/Nat. Bicycle Greenway has posted here, will be going away, thanks to our present (EARTH
    Unfriendly) Government, on what they have voted to do... (Copied this from the SSFR website post by
    Shari Bernhard)

    Subject: Congress kills bike funding One of the guys in my bike club sent this URL. It's only a
    short snippet from the e-zine - they want you to subscribe - but you can probable Google a more
    comprehensive article on the net. There is a link to the subcommittee members responsible for this
    travesty, so we know who to blame.

    Congress to bikers: Get a car By Katharine Mieszkowski

    http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2003/07/22/bike_paths/index.html

    EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti and SOON, Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

    news:300720030211425350%[email protected]...