Congressmans wife kills a cyclist

Echinacea

Oct 7, 2003
I heard on the news the other day some Congressmans wife hit and killed a cyclist while making a turn. She said the sun was in her eyes and she didnt see him. The police said no charges were to be filed.

I bet if I did that and the congressmans wife was on the bike they would lock me up and throw away the keys.

Regardless of driving conditions a driver is responsible for driving in a safe manner. If she couldnt see than she needed to pull over. What if it were a pedestrian and not a biker? I think people end up thinking bikers deserve it for being in the road.

Originally posted by Echinacea
I heard on the news the other day some Congressmans wife hit and killed a cyclist while making a turn. She said the sun was in her eyes and she didnt see him. The police said no charges were to be filed.

I bet if I did that and the congressmans wife was on the bike they would lock me up and throw away the keys.

Regardless of driving conditions a driver is responsible for driving in a safe manner. If she couldnt see than she needed to pull over. What if it were a pedestrian and not a biker? I think people end up thinking bikers deserve it for being in the road.

heres the link:

http://www.courier-journal.com/localnews/2003/10/13ky/met-front-heatherm1014-5593.html