connecting pins for ultegra 10sp chains

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by david462, Sep 2, 2007.

1. david462

david462 New Member

my ultegra 10 speed chain broke shortly after i first started riding on it. i used the special connecting pins it came with but it only came with two and i had to resize the chain a third time to get it right.

i may have just pushed the regular pin too far or not far enough cause where the chain broke just one side of the link came off.

where can i get these connecting pins? i checked online some already. i am gonna try the bike shop tomorrow but i doubt they will ahve it.

or should i just try using the regular pins again and do a better job this time? and arnt the regular pins on these chains supposed to pop out when you break the chain (with a chain tool)?

Tags:

2. kdelong

kdelong Well-Known Member

As long as your bike shop carries Shimano equipment, they will have these pins. The mechanics need them every time they connect a Shimano chain on a customer's bicycle. I beleive they come in packages of five, so you'll have enough to last you awhile, unless you misplace things like I do:( .

3. rudycyclist

rudycyclist New Member

The shop I used to work at has many of them in stock. It shouldn't be hard to find these pins. Or you should at least be able to order them from a shop.