connondale

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by willie1978, Oct 18, 2006.

1. willie1978

willie1978 New Member

can anyone tell me how to find out the model year on a connondale. plz reply or E-mail me at [email protected] put subject as BIKE. Thank you

Tags:

2. rek

rek New Member

Do you have pictures of the bike?

If the bike is less than 6-7 years old, the best way is to match the frame colours with Cannondale's bike catalogue archive (on their web site). It's easier if you know what spec level it is.

You can also sometimes tell by the decal kit, the most obvious changes are in the "HANDMADE IN USA" logo they put on the top tube, near the junction of the steerer tube. It seems to be:

mid-late 2000s:

[USA flag]
    HANDMADE
    IN USA

early-mid 2000s:

Cannondale (sometimes www.cannondale.com)
    [USA flag]
    HANDMADE IN USA

early 2000s:

Cannondale (sometimes www.cannondale.com)
    [USA flag with a C in the middle]
    HANDMADE IN USA

frames late 1990s and older have the old "C" logo on the front of the steerer tube, rather than the newer, swooshier "C" logo.

Finally you can email Cannondale with the serial number of the bike (stamped on the underside of the bottom bracket shell).

3. fatboy61

fatboy61 New Member

...and prior to that, the old "triangle" logo that kind of looked like an Adidas logo. I had a 2.8 frame from around '96 with that one.

4. kingsting

kingsting New Member

There is a way to do it by the serial numbers on the older bikes but I forget which digits are which. The newer ones (Mid 90's(?) on up) actually have the model # (Which includes the year, model, color and size) stamped under the bottom bracket shell along with the serial number. You may have to remove the plastic cable guide to see all the numbers.