conservatives and liberals are stupid

Mr_Kingkillaha

Jul 2, 2004
anyone who makes a claim that one group or the other is completely wrong about every topic is a moron. anyone who tries to claim that they are 100% agreeing with a certain group is a moron. if you have ever called the opposite group "sheep", you are most likely a "sheep" too. if you think it is stupid to at least consider the other veiw then you are beyond moron.

come on people! i see so many posts saying "those liberals..." or "those conservatives...". why not just state your opinion without using those pointless arguments?

yes, me calling everyone a moron probably makes me one too.
but that is my opinion, and i dont care if anyone agrees.

He has a point, albeit it was not stated with much eloquence. Just because an opinion is different from yours does not make that opinion wrong.

Not in the least, I agree.

Seldom have I come across anyone that agrees 100% on any range of issues with one certain group.

Jakebrake said:
Not in the least, I agree.
Seldom have I come across anyone that agrees 100% on any range of issues with one certain group.

the point of my post is that people dont agree 100%,but alot of people use labels like liberal, conservative, democrat, republican, leftist, rightist, whatever, and calling someone that makes them wrong, or their opinion is invalid.

Here are some examples from this boards "Bush or Kerry or ???" postings:

"Fine, Limerick, you have treated us to another recital of the anti-Bush leftist rhetoric. But you failed to show any context, evidence, or factual information. That means it can all be taken with a grain of salt."-Babbar

"Limerickman is a nice fellow and he means well but as a tendenancy to ignore questions that he can't attach some leftest, thirdworld spin."-zapper

"Why is it that the pro-bush posters seem to feel that they have to be abusive to other posters in order to make their point? Everyone else is making their arguments without attacking other posters, why cant you?"-saucy

"Third, this is the strategy of the left...send a barb here and there then go crying for assistance cause the other side fired back... Finally, why is it that Anti-Bush posters feel that they deserve an appolgy?"- zapper

"The rightwing Republican view is very polarised : their view of the USA and their world view is you are either with us or against us... Their use of simplistic labels to categorise ones political opinion is their only fallback when their defunct political view point is shown
to be vacuous."-limerickman

Im sorry if my original post seems ignorant, but what im trying to show here is that both sides have this blind stereotype thing. you cant just attack the group someone mostly recognizes with, that is what im mad at.

no offense to the people i quoted, alot of people do it, just trying to validate myself.

Mr_Kingkillaha said:
Im sorry if my original post seems ignorant, but what im trying to show here is that both sides have this blind stereotype thing. you cant just attack the group someone mostly recognizes with, that is what im mad at.

Actually, your original post didn't seem ignorant. Sorry if my reply came across as flippant. But, I'm going to have to disagree with you. You most certainly can attack the group someone mostly recognizes with. This is what happens when people, people who are passionate in their beliefs, enter into the arena of ideas and debate.

There are certain ideologies, cultural leanings, belief systems that I strongly disagree with. When politicians who extoll the virtues of these same ideas run for politcal office, I want to see them defeated. When I come across people (friends, relatives, guy sitting next to me at the ball game, etc, etc) who's views are diametrically opposed to mine and we engage in debate and discussion of these ideas, I want to try and persuade them and show them the errors of their ways. Just as they try to do to me. I feel that I'm right in my thinking, just as they think they are as well. Perhaps it does get a little heated sometimes, but that is what happens when people are passionate about what they believe in.

I don't think that using labels to describe or attack a person's affiliation or politcal point of view is a bad thing. Myself? I'm a Libertarian/Conservative. I believe the less government is involved in our lives, the better off we are for it. The notion that elected officials in Washington try to micro manage every aspect of our lives is abhorant to me. I lean towards voting for Republicans, but a lot of times they are such gutless wonders I have a hard time doing that.

Mr_Kingkillaha said:
the point of my post is that people dont agree 100%,but alot of people use labels like liberal, conservative, democrat, republican, leftist, rightist, whatever, and calling someone that makes them wrong, or their opinion is invalid.

"Fine, Limerick, you have treated us to another recital of the anti-Bush leftist rhetoric. But you failed to show any context, evidence, or factual information. That means it can all be taken with a grain of salt."-Babbar

"Limerickman is a nice fellow and he means well but as a tendenancy to ignore questions that he can't attach some leftest, thirdworld spin."-zapper

"Why is it that the pro-bush posters seem to feel that they have to be abusive to other posters in order to make their point? Everyone else is making their arguments without attacking other posters, why cant you?"-saucy

"Third, this is the strategy of the left...send a barb here and there then go crying for assistance cause the other side fired back... Finally, why is it that Anti-Bush posters feel that they deserve an appolgy?"- zapper

"The rightwing Republican view is very polarised : their view of the USA and their world view is you are either with us or against us... Their use of simplistic labels to categorise ones political opinion is their only fallback when their defunct political view point is shown

no offense to the people i quoted, alot of people do it, just trying to validate myself.
Hey Lefty, why do you feel the need to validate yourself with my words? I certainly didn't give you copyright permission... :rolleyes: But what I really want to know is why are you mad? Just a little advice, you can't control what people say or what they think...So, why let it bother you. At the end of the day, the freedom to express oneself is what we ALL want...right?

Mr_Kingkillaha said:

I feel left out but to assume some political posturing. "I think stupid people are dumb". You may quote me on that.

jhuskey said:
I feel left out but to assume some political posturing. "I think stupid people are dumb". You may quote me on that.
C'mon, you can't do that...You either have to say Lefty democrats are dumb or righty conservatives are dumb...He won't quote you unless you throw in a political party insult...

If you want, I could lend you a few.... :D

zapper said:
C'mon, you can't do that...You either have to say Lefty democrats are dumb or righty conservatives are dumb...He won't quote you unless you throw in a political party insult...

If you want, I could lend you a few.... :D

How about "Moderates are spineless Morons with out the Ba**s to commit"
I wouldn't want anyone to be left out, and " Fanatical zelot terrorists are mean people"

jhuskey said:

Can you buy bumper stickers that say that? :)

Jakebrake said:
Can you buy bumper stickers that say that? :)

Not sure but I have 24 inch Roland vinyl cutter in my office so I can make one that says that if I want. It is great for making magnetic signs that say,for instance, Gator Hater Honk if you love the Vols and sticking them to the passengers door of a Florida fans car. They may not figure if out for hours. But there again I am a very disturbed and sick individual.

jhuskey said:
Not sure but I have 24 inch Roland vinyl cutter in my office so I can make one that says that if I want. It is great for making magnetic signs that say,for instance, Gator Hater Honk if you love the Vols and sticking them to the passengers door of a Florida fans car. They may not figure if out for hours. But there again I am a very disturbed and sick individual.

You are so mean! :)

obviously i didn't make myself very clear. if i were to say conservatives are anti-abortion, that is a mostly true statement that applies to the majority of conservatives, no problem. if i were to say conservatives are closed-minded, that is just a pointless jab with no basis in facts. see what i am saying?

zapper said:
Hey Lefty, why do you feel the need to validate yourself with my words? I certainly didn't give you copyright permission... :rolleyes: But what I really want to know is why are you mad? Just a little advice, you can't control what people say or what they think...So, why let it bother you. At the end of the day, the freedom to express oneself is what we ALL want...right?
i didnt mean to quote "righty" veiws more than "lefty", those were just the first ones i came across. i am one of those few people dont mostly agree with either. but you are right, its not my place to worry about what other people think. everybody have a great day.