Considerations for choice of chain lube

On 30 Sep 2003 13:16:57 GMT, [email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo) may have said:

>datataylor-<< Nick, for the last several months I've been using No Sweat Chain Lube by Shimano. It
>seems as good as oil but it doesn't attract dirt. I've been very happy. Frankly, I'm surprised that
>no one has mentioned it before. >><BR><BR>
>
>Not compatible with campagnolo drivetrains....
>
>;-lo....

There's a compatibility fix. Peel the label off the bottle.

"Justin F. Knotzke" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> <quote who= Steven M. Scharf [email protected]/>:
>
> > Use motorcycle chain lube. You can buy it at a motorcycle parts store. It is a foaming
> > penetrating oil specifically designed for chain lubrication. It is very convenient as you just
> > spray it on, it foams up and penetrates into the links.
>
> I have been using Campy chain lube and it goes on exactly like you
state.
> Hmm, I wouldn't be surprised if if the Campy stuff is in fact motorcycle
chain
> lube. I'll have to get myself some and see if I can't save a few pennies.

Campy may just get it packaged in smaller cans and sell if for higher prices. A large can of
motorcycle chain lube would last you ten years. But it may be that the Campy stuff is of a thinner
viscosity.

Try Prolink.

I've been amazed at how easy it is to use. (drip on each link, urn the crank a couple of times, let
dry and wipe off excess - I apply once a month the night before my weekly ride schedule starts.)

Keeps the drive train clean and silent.

"Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have not had good luck with my beloved White Lightning since moving to another part of
> California from near the coast. Mot of my rides have been between 85 and 105 degrees and my lube
> is not doing well at all during
that
> time.
>
> I have used lots of wet lubes in the past and the best besides WL is that other stuff that is like
> WD-40 but comes in a black can (and I have no
idea
> of the product name right now).
>
> Any tips would be appreciated. Wet lubes take so much more work, which I will do if I have to but
> I am looking for wisdom...
>
> TIA

> Not compatible with campagnolo drivetrains....

I'm sure that's no accident. Dave