Considering 06 Rock Shox Revelation: Seeking Feedback

duskins

Jun 6, 2006
Hi,

I currently ride an 04 SS Bianchi (S.A.S.S). rigid fork, hardtail. I'm finally getting into single track, though I adore the rigid fork, my 2.4" Raptor (pontoon tires) just bounce me all over the place to the point of where I'm concerned about loosing control. I'm considering go full board and purchasing an 06 Rock Shox Revelation 426 Air U-Turn Fork (this fork offers 100 - 130mm travel). I don't know if 130 MM is too aggressive and I'm wasting money or if this is something reasonable. I don't want anything low-end, I want this to be the end result for my ss or at least for a very long time. My spending range is somewhere between $400 - $550 and Fox pisses me off.

Can anyone give me some feedback, i.e., things to consider, experience with this fork, and others to compare to, and if the 130MM is overboard? Thanks!

not familiar with your particular frame, 1st off, if you bought it as a whole bike, did it come with a suspension fork ? if so how much travel did it have ? if you bought the frame on its own originally, did it coe with a spec sheet telling you the maximum reccomended fork travel ?

is the curent ridgid fork a suspension compensated fork ? if so, what length is it ?

The Great Stonk said:
not familiar with your particular frame, 1st off, if you bought it as a whole bike, did it come with a suspension fork ? if so how much travel did it have ? if you bought the frame on its own originally, did it coe with a spec sheet telling you the maximum reccomended fork travel ?

is the curent ridgid fork a suspension compensated fork ? if so, what length is it ?
As mentioned above: " currently ride an 04 SS Bianchi (S.A.S.S). rigid fork, hardtail." www.bianchiusa.com/04_sass

It of course has a manual, I'll check it out this evening. I liked the Revelation because it allows you go from 90 - 130 mm I believe. and the U-turn is functional from what I've read, but I didn't know if this was an over kill. : / I don't expect you to be familiar with the sass. Not exactly main stream bike. It's going to be my down hill single speed by the end of the summer. ; ) but still an urban assault bike.

The Great Stonk said:

PS - the only suspension my bike currently has are the WTB MutanoRaptor, 26 x 2.4" pontoon tires. : )