Considering A Purchase

Smiddleton

Jun 29, 2015
Hello All,

I'm considering purchasing this bike that was recently posted. It is a hybrid and is "lightly used". However, there is only one photo that looks like it was taken from a website. I was hoping you all could provide me with any advice or insight concerning this potential purchase. Are there any red flags or any things that I should be wary of?

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/bik/5098096716.html

Thank you in advance for your responses

I looked at the photo of the bike and it certainly looks like it's in excellent condition. However, there are many risks involved when purchasing anything online. I've been done in with two online purchases in the past. It's best to check if you're purchasing from someone that is reputable and has a good track record. Also ask the seller to send you more photos, with close up shots of the bike. If he doesn't do this, consider it a red flag.

Thank you for your input.

I did ask for more photos of the bike in my initial email as well as a time to come view the bike in person before purchasing, but I have yet to hear back from the seller. I'm trying to do my best to avoid being done in as well.

I had been to a bike festival recently and I had a good look at a folding bike on display. Although I was not able to test drive it, I took a photo for further study. The cost is 17,500 pesos, that's around $400. I guess that's a pretty good price but my husband, the perennial devil's advocate, said that a folding bike is not as efficient as the conventional mountain bike (that I used to have). So I banished the thought of buying that cute bike, huh. pic folding bike.jpg