Constant flexing?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Me again, Dec 4, 2005.

  1. Me again

    Me again Guest

    What exactly will constant flexing do? What if you were to flex your pecks
    for hours a day, would they build mass or become denser, or something else?

    Tags:

  2. gman99

    gman99 Guest

    Me again wrote:
    > What exactly will constant flexing do? What if you were to flex your pecks
    > for hours a day, would they build mass or become denser, or something else?

    kinda hard to take a dump iof you are constantly flexing....I guess
    some boys in white clothing would likely come and take you away to a
    padded cell.

    People walk a lot (flexing certain muscles) but don't really build from
    day to day...month to month...

  3. Curt James

    Curt James Guest

    "Me again" <[email protected]> asked:

    >What exactly will constant flexing do? What if you
    >were to flex your pecks for hours a day, would they
    >build mass or become denser, or something else?

    Although I'm sure I've seen peck deck in a catalog or bodybuilding
    magazines, I prefer (and I think Gray's anatomy would back me up) pecs
    to the way you spelled the word. Aaaaaanyway, so much for the spelling
    criticism or comment.

    I doubt you'll build additional mass or become denser by flexing for
    hours each day, however Schwarzenegger or a ghost writer stated that
    by flexing you're building the mind-muscle connection. What I took
    that as being was that you're able to flex and work the muscle more
    effectively if you flex between sets and/or pose your muscles.

    And, no, I don't sit around posing nor do I flex between sets. Oh,
    damn, THAT's probably why I haven't earned my pro card!

    Seriously, that would be the only benefit of regular flexing that I
    can think of. Unless your significant other digs on the biceps
    popping. Most, I'm guessing, would consider it ridiculous.

    Okay, okay, okay! I admit it. I was that 150-pound nerd in school
    doing the /imaginary lats walk/. The horror! The HORROR!

    --
    Curt
    http://curtjames.com/

  4. scot

    scot Guest

    On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 22:11:29 -0500, Curt James <[email protected]> wrote:

    >And, no, I don't sit around posing nor do I flex between sets

    No, but you pull your tiny pud.