Constipation question:Sources of fiber

I am in need of a fiber supplement in addition to my food sources.
The reason is , is because I take several medications which constipate
me a lot. I was eating prunes but they pack 25g of carbs per serving
size. What fiber supplement would you recommend , something I could
mix with water and drink everyday etc?

Something that wouldn't give me a gas problem either.

thanks for reading and helping me.

******************************
http://www.dubyareport.net/
http://www.frozenpsi.net/

"[email protected]" <DNC_TN@> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I am in need of a fiber supplement in addition to my food sources.
> The reason is , is because I take several medications which constipate
> me a lot. I was eating prunes but they pack 25g of carbs per serving
> size. What fiber supplement would you recommend , something I could
> mix with water and drink everyday etc?

Psyllium, you can get it in regular, sugar free, or capsules.

--
No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes

"[email protected]" <DNC_TN@> writes:

> What fiber supplement would you recommend , something I could mix
> with water and drink everyday etc?

Flaxseed porridge in the morning works wonders for me.

--
Stefan Holm
289/232/170 since: 07/08/2004 monthly-goal: 6 month-start: 236

None Given wrote:
:: "[email protected]" <DNC_TN@> wrote in message
:: news:[email protected]...
::: I am in need of a fiber supplement in addition to my food sources.
::: The reason is , is because I take several medications which
::: constipate me a lot. I was eating prunes but they pack 25g of carbs
::: per serving size. What fiber supplement would you recommend ,
::: something I could mix with water and drink everyday etc?
::
::
:: Psyllium, you can get it in regular, sugar free, or capsules.

Psyllium doesn't have sugar in it -- only those fiber products that try to
make it taste good do. I just use the capsules and take them with liquid.

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 12:16:32 -0800, wombn
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:25:13 -0500, "[email protected]" <DNC_TN@>
>wrote:
>
>>I am in need of a fiber supplement in addition to my food sources.
>>The reason is , is because I take several medications which constipate
>>me a lot. I was eating prunes but they pack 25g of carbs per serving
>>size. What fiber supplement would you recommend , something I could
>>mix with water and drink everyday etc?

>psyllium husks
>
>http://www.drugstore.com/search/sea...trx=28198&trxp1=60&srchtree=1&search=psyllium
>
>>Something that wouldn't give me a gas problem either.

>I don't know if psyllium causes gas or not.

What are some name brands which have psyllium in it?

thanks always.

******************************
http://www.dubyareport.net/
http://www.frozenpsi.net/

[email protected] wrote:
:: On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 12:16:32 -0800, wombn
:: <[email protected]> wrote:
::
::: On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:25:13 -0500, "[email protected]" <DNC_TN@>
::: wrote:
:::
:::: I am in need of a fiber supplement in addition to my food sources.
:::: The reason is , is because I take several medications which
:::: constipate me a lot. I was eating prunes but they pack 25g of
:::: carbs per serving size. What fiber supplement would you recommend
:::: , something I could mix with water and drink everyday etc?
:::
::: psyllium husks
:::
:::
http://www.drugstore.com/search/sea...trx=28198&trxp1=60&srchtree=1&search=psyllium
:::
:::: Something that wouldn't give me a gas problem either.
:::
::: I don't know if psyllium causes gas or not.
::
:: What are some name brands which have psyllium in it?

psyllium husks, if you want capsules. did you follow the link provided you?

::
:: thanks always.
::
:: ******************************
:: http://www.dubyareport.net/
:: http://www.frozenpsi.net/

These are the best ones I have found, they are truly tasteless and have
nothing added, just psyllium husks ground quite fine.
http://www.vitacost.com/store/produ...SearchText=psyllium&SearchBy=PN&ss=1&x=15&y=8

In news:[email protected],
wombn <[email protected]> stated
| On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:25:13 -0500, "[email protected]" <DNC_TN@>
| wrote:
|
|| I am in need of a fiber supplement in addition to my food sources.
|| The reason is , is because I take several medications which
|| constipate me a lot. I was eating prunes but they pack 25g of carbs
|| per serving size. What fiber supplement would you recommend ,
|| something I could mix with water and drink everyday etc?
|
| psyllium husks

http://www.drugstore.com/search/sea...trx=28198&trxp1=60&srchtree=1&search=psyllium

|| Something that wouldn't give me a gas problem either.
|
| I don't know if psyllium causes gas or not.
|
|| thanks for reading and helping me.
|| ******************************
|| http://www.dubyareport.net/
|| http://www.frozenpsi.net/
|
| --
-----------

| If laughter is the best medicine,
| then kittens should be covered by our health insurance. :)

The best psyllium husks I have found are these, no additives and no flavor,
just psyllium husks ground finely.
http://www.vitacost.com/Store/Products/ProductDescription.cfm?SKUNumber=021078007791

In news:[email protected],
wombn <[email protected]> stated
| On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:25:13 -0500, "[email protected]" <DNC_TN@>
| wrote:
|
|| I am in need of a fiber supplement in addition to my food sources.
|| The reason is , is because I take several medications which
|| constipate me a lot. I was eating prunes but they pack 25g of carbs
|| per serving size. What fiber supplement would you recommend ,
|| something I could mix with water and drink everyday etc?
|
| psyllium husks

http://www.drugstore.com/search/sea...trx=28198&trxp1=60&srchtree=1&search=psyllium

|| Something that wouldn't give me a gas problem either.
|
| I don't know if psyllium causes gas or not.
|
|| thanks for reading and helping me.
|| ******************************
|| http://www.dubyareport.net/
|| http://www.frozenpsi.net/
|
| --
-----------

| If laughter is the best medicine,
| then kittens should be covered by our health insurance. :)

"[email protected]" <DNC_TN@> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
|I am in need of a fiber supplement in addition to my food sources.
| The reason is , is because I take several medications which constipate
| me a lot. I was eating prunes but they pack 25g of carbs per serving
| size. What fiber supplement would you recommend , something I could
| mix with water and drink everyday etc?
|
| Something that wouldn't give me a gas problem either.

Since becoming pregnant, and having terrible constipation problems, citrucel
has become my new best friend. Its gas free and far less revolting than
metamucil.

"wombn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:25:13 -0500, "[email protected]" <DNC_TN@>
| wrote:
|
| >I am in need of a fiber supplement in addition to my food sources.
| >The reason is , is because I take several medications which constipate
| >me a lot. I was eating prunes but they pack 25g of carbs per serving
| >size. What fiber supplement would you recommend , something I could
| >mix with water and drink everyday etc?
|
| psyllium husks

http://www.drugstore.com/search/sea...trx=28198&trxp1=60&srchtree=1&search=psyllium

| >Something that wouldn't give me a gas problem either.
|
| I don't know if psyllium causes gas or not.

psyllium DOES cause gas.

The newer methylcellulose fiber doesn't produce gas http://citrucel.com/

flax seed meal is another answer to constipation.
I get it at Krogers and add 2 T. to my cereal in the morning.
Jackie
> news:[email protected]...
> | On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:25:13 -0500, "[email protected]" <DNC_TN@>
> | wrote:
> |
> | >I am in need of a fiber supplement in addition to my food sources.
> | >The reason is , is because I take several medications which constipate
> | >me a lot. I was eating prunes but they pack 25g of carbs per serving
> | >size. What fiber supplement would you recommend , something I could
> | >mix with water and drink everyday etc?
> |
> | psyllium husks

http://www.drugstore.com/search/sea...trx=28198&trxp1=60&srchtree=1&search=psyllium

> | >Something that wouldn't give me a gas problem either.
> |
> | I don't know if psyllium causes gas or not.
>

> psyllium DOES cause gas.
>

> The newer methylcellulose fiber doesn't produce gas http://citrucel.com/

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 20:11:03 -0500, "J. Davidson" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>flax seed meal is another answer to constipation.
>I get it at Krogers and add 2 T. to my cereal in the morning.
>Jackie
>> news:[email protected]...

>> | psyllium husks
>> |

>http://www.drugstore.com/search/sea...trx=28198&trxp1=60&srchtree=1&search=psyllium

>> | I don't know if psyllium causes gas or not.
>>

>> psyllium DOES cause gas.
>>

>> The newer methylcellulose fiber doesn't produce gas http://citrucel.com/

Thanks to all who have replied, I read them all. Thanks for the advice
and the urls/links. Good night/Good day wherever you are.

Thanks.

http://www.dubyareport.net/
http://www.frozenpsi.net/