"Constirrhea"

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by James L . Ryan, Mar 1, 2004.

  1. Yes, I made up that word, "constirrhea," but it appropriately describes what has been plaguing me
    for the last couple of months, ever since I moved from Southern New Jersey to Central Texas.

    What happens is that I keep having a repeating cycle of roughly a half day of intense diarrhea
    followed by two and a half to three and a half days of constipation. Then the cycle repeats.

    I 'm at a loss to identify anything different regarding my diet, and other than the fluctuations in
    my bowel movement consistency I haven't evidenced any signs of illness, abnormal temperature,
    headaches, body aches, and such.

    Any thoughts as to what is happening to me and any suggestions as to how it can be brought under
    control will certainly be appreciated.

    -- James L. Ryan -- TaliesinSoft

    Tags:

  2. At the time I made the first posting in this thread I had diarrhea for about 10 hours. It has now
    been approximately 15 hours and in that time I have made, according to my notes, some 24 visits to
    the bathroom, all of them, er, uh, shall we say, productive. In the last 24 hours my food intake has
    been last night a small helping of pasta with meat and sauce, accompanied by a small green salad,
    this morning a small bowl of grain cereal with milk and a very small glass of orange juice, and at
    noon a lettuce and tomato sandwich on whole wheat toast and a glass of milk. Through the day I've
    had quite a few glasses of water and two cups of coffee without either sugar or cream.

    And, just while composing this brief note I am now experiencing the urge to make trip 25.

    What's going on!

    -- James L. Ryan -- TaliesinSoft

  3. M

    M Guest

    the water of saratoga springs new york are noted for their relief of constipation. the water tastes
    like blood and i consider it a useful elixer and drink it often. it contains many of the nutrients
    ur body needs and stuff. the water is noted to have a perfect combo of minerals and stuff. people
    take baths in it even. it stinks and tastes like blood but does wonders.

    "James L. Ryan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Yes, I made up that word, "constirrhea," but it appropriately describes
    what
    > has been plaguing me for the last couple of months, ever since I moved
    from
    > Southern New Jersey to Central Texas.
    >
    > What happens is that I keep having a repeating cycle of roughly a half day
    of
    > intense diarrhea followed by two and a half to three and a half days of constipation. Then the
    > cycle repeats.
    >
    > I 'm at a loss to identify anything different regarding my diet, and other than the fluctuations
    > in my bowel movement consistency I haven't evidenced any signs of illness, abnormal temperature,
    > headaches, body aches, and
    such.

    > Any thoughts as to what is happening to me and any suggestions as to how
    it
    > can be brought under control will certainly be appreciated.
    >

    > -- James L. Ryan -- TaliesinSoft

  4. Geri

    Geri Guest

    James, Do you ingest a lot of magnesium? An excess can cause the problem you are having.

    "James L. Ryan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Yes, I made up that word, "constirrhea," but it appropriately describes
    what
    > has been plaguing me for the last couple of months, ever since I moved
    from
    > Southern New Jersey to Central Texas.
    >
    > What happens is that I keep having a repeating cycle of roughly a half day
    of
    > intense diarrhea followed by two and a half to three and a half days of constipation. Then the
    > cycle repeats.
    >
    > I 'm at a loss to identify anything different regarding my diet, and other than the fluctuations
    > in my bowel movement consistency I haven't evidenced any signs of illness, abnormal temperature,
    > headaches, body aches, and
    such.

    > Any thoughts as to what is happening to me and any suggestions as to how
    it
    > can be brought under control will certainly be appreciated.
    >

    > -- James L. Ryan -- TaliesinSoft

  5. Justin

    Justin Guest

    > the water of saratoga springs new york are noted for their relief of constipation.

    I think any water relieves constipation. Drinking plenty of fluids is vital to normal bowel
    functioning.

    Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

  6. On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 13:03:47 -0600, Justin wrote
    (in article <[email protected]>):

    >> the water of saratoga springs new york are noted for their relief of constipation.
    >

    > I think any water relieves constipation. Drinking plenty of fluids is vital to normal bowel
    > functioning.

    > Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

    I can remember drinking the various spring waters of Saratoga Springs when I was a kid of 14 and
    living there. I don't think I've had any since and its now been 56 years since we lived there.

    As for drinking water I have for as long as I can remember been good about having quite a few
    glasses of water a day.

    -- James L. Ryan -- TaliesinSoft

  7. On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 13:29:14 -0600, geri wrote
    (in article <[email protected]_s52>):

    > James, Do you ingest a lot of magnesium? An excess can cause the problem you are having.

    I wouldn't expect that my magnesium intake is out of line in that I currently take no medications or
    supplements and I don't think my diet, strong on grains and vegetables with a bit of meat, would
    have an excess of magnesium.

    -- James L. Ryan -- TaliesinSoft

  8. Here's a bit of an update on my "constirrhea" situation.....

    After 11:00 P.M. last night the diarrhea stopped and I've been fine since. Today I was examined by a
    doctor who felt that most likely I had a degree of infection in my bowels and he prescribed a week's
    use of metronidazole.

    As an aside, I was pleased to note that the examination showed that my heart was in good condition,
    my blood pressure was normal, and my weight was within the acceptable range.

    So, now it remains to be seen if the medication will have the hoped for results.

    -- James L. Ryan -- TaliesinSoft