Construction Complete!

Hey!! You stole MY idea!! LOL.
.:p
Ditto on the shop. No pics of my shameful mess.

Congrats. Hope you enjoy yours a much!

Replaced Shimano 540's with Ksyrium SSC SL's... ;)

BTW: Not sure what you mean about beating me by a day - I built the bike back in February. However, nice MERLIN! First one I've seen with geometry like mine!

Originally posted by mikem
Replaced Shimano 540's with Ksyrium SSC SL's... ;)

BTW: Not sure what you mean about beating me by a day - I built the bike back in February. However, nice MERLIN! First one I've seen with geometry like mine!

My bad on the date. I edited it out. I saw the last post from 5/29/04 and thought it was a new build. Then I recalled seeing the pic of you gleefully cutting the steerer before, and it dawned on me. Thanks. The wheels are a nice upgrade. Too soon to tell for sure, but I think my saddle and bars may have to be swapped out. The turns on the 3T Prima 199 seem a little too tight, but I may just have to get used to them from the Modolo X-Eras that I have had been riding for years.

No, I don't - I'm told a Scotch bright pad will take out most scratches from the Titanium.

Do you use one?

Gorgeous bike and shop. I think if there were a refer for the beer and a toilet, I could live in a shop like that. Good work.

Originally posted by mikem
No, I don't - I'm told a Scotch bright pad will take out most scratches from the Titanium.

Do you use one?

No, I've only had mine for a few days now. I assumed if it needed one they would have out a clear film or such on it. Just trying to make sure I am doing the right thing with my new baby.

LOL! That's exactly how I felt when I got mine - I don't worry about that, I'd rather expose pure Ti! :)

RE: The shop. Guys, I WISH that was my shop. That is the shop at Landry's in Westboro, MA ( www.landrys.com ) where I took an overhaul class to put my ride together. Highly recommended, shop and class.