contact for Motiv Warrantee

My brother purchased a Motive mountain bike from Costco about 8 years
ago. The frame just broke. They were supposed to have a lifetime
frame warrantee. Does anyone have a contact for the manufacturer. We
have been unable to find it, and the 800 number in the documents does
not work any more.

Thanks

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> My brother purchased a Motive mountain bike from Costco about 8 years
> ago. The frame just broke. They were supposed to have a lifetime
> frame warrantee. Does anyone have a contact for the manufacturer. We
> have been unable to find it, and the 800 number in the documents does
> not work any more.
>
> Thanks

I seriously doubt any department store toy bike such as Huffy, Motiv,
Pacific, Rallye, Kent and their ilk has lifetime warranty. I doubt if they
come with any warranty at all. If they did, the companies would be bankrupt
by now, as you can snap a frame or break every plastic parts one of these
bikes has just by riding over a pothole. You are really wasting time and
money (time IS money) by doing anything other than donating it to a local
junk yard.

[email protected] wrote:
> My brother purchased a Motive mountain bike from Costco about 8 years
> ago. The frame just broke. They were supposed to have a lifetime
> frame warrantee. Does anyone have a contact for the manufacturer. We
> have been unable to find it, and the 800 number in the documents does
> not work any more.
>
> Thanks

Manufacturer website is here.
http://208.179.176.45/motiv.html
Like other posters, I'm skeptical about the lifetime frame warranty. Let us
know how it goes.

--
Mike Kruger
In Puritan New England, Christmas wasn't even a legal holiday until 1856