Contador announces a Friday prepared statement

whiteboytrash said:
I think there's something in the Franke WADA documents that they need to nip in the bud before it leaks.........
Well we know there are videos of riders at Fuente's gyno office don't we? This is going to be good if he has to explain something like that!

whiteboytrash said:
Contador did sign a document saying he would release his DNA.... maybe they are going to rescind that offer ?

With Bruyneel there as well I'm sure its nothing.... I just can't imagine Disco admitting to anything....
He'll show the press his birth certificate - proof that he is young, and therefore according to the current mantra, clean. Brunyeel will look into his eyes in front of the gathered press and reveal that he sees not even an inkling of doping.

Maybe he is just going to jack up live at a press conference and then say very clearly into the mic : What da fu** are you going to do about it, punk

Or possibly he is going to flanked on one side by his Team Director, on the other by his Team Lawyer, he will ensure everyone that there is nothing to worry about and then 2 days later the Team Director will sack him before resigning 1 week later-deja vu!

They may reveal 'the secret'. Lance must have whispered it into Contador's ear the night before he went yellow.
You could see the look on Contador's face on the podium. (***********, it works, it works... I can't believe it, it works, I didn't think I'd be in yellow for a few more years yet, if ever...Lance knew the secret to winning the TDF and now I do too......Yipppeeee).

Most of you would make Joseph McCarthy and his red-baiting tactics of the 1950s look tame compared to your baseless speculations and wild theories.

Most of you would make Joseph McCarthy and his red-baiting tactics of the 1950s look tame compared to your baseless speculations and wild theories. You don't have any more evidence that Contador is/was using dope except that he won the TDF when no one expected him to. But look who got caught and didn't win. Look who didn't get caught but had their reputations ruined.

limerickman said:
We'll see.
Yep. by the way, Phonak had a Swiss license, Astana as well. Saunier has a Spanish license but headquarters are also in Switzerland. The UCI is in Switzerland as well. Could there be a connection?

Frihed89 said:
Most of you would make Joseph McCarthy and his red-baiting tactics of the 1950s look tame compared to your baseless speculations and wild theories. You don't have any more evidence that Contador is/was using dope except that he won the TDF when no one expected him to. But look who got caught and didn't win. Look who didn't get caught but had their reputations ruined.
So we should confine our opinion to the statements made by any particular cyclist/team regarding their lack of doping? I am quite sure that you use the same test in all of your opinions, and believe wholeheartedly anything anyone says until they are proven otherwise. Well, ok, I guess there are people such as you out there. There is a term for people like you; you are called "marks" by many devious types. Here is a suggestion, stay away from 3 card Monte games, the guy who bends the edge of the card and winks at you while the dealer is looking the other way.....he is in on the game.

Also:

-Clinton did have sex with that woman, Ms. Lewinski.

-Barry Bonds didn't get that big through natural means.

-Your parents didn't take Fido to a farm in the country where he could run and play.

-And non doping cyclists are not capable of keeping up with ones that do.

cyclingheroes said:
Yep. by the way, Phonak had a Swiss license, Astana as well. Saunier has a Spanish license but headquarters are also in Switzerland. The UCI is in Switzerland as well. Could there be a connection?

That's part of the $64,000,000 question, CH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
or maybe we could be making mischief!

Maybe the announcement is that AC is innocent, and he and DC are going to get LA's lawyers to sue JJ and the German person who has been making public statements.

jhuskey said:
Sure it worked for Jan. No wait,it didn't!
Maybe he's announcing his immediate retirement! They always say an athlete should end their career on a high.

whiteboytrash said:
I think there's something in the Franke WADA documents that they need to nip in the bud before it leaks......... I think they will go for the "Yes I saw Fuentes but not for doping. I just knew him because he worked with Saiz" or something like that..... I get the feeling the documents link Contador to Fuentes and further denials will implicate Contador that he doped... so if they come out with a "I knew him but didn’t dope" then it off-sets the impact.....
This or something similar seems to be the most likely considering the circumstances:

1) He would never admit to doping during his Disco tenure (otherwise Bruyneel wouldn't be there). Whatever he'll admit, he'll claim that he was clean at Disco.

2) He'll admit something fishy (he's reading a prepared statement, probably written by lawyers, and doesn't allow for questions)

3) The question is, will he admit to outright doping under Saiz or will he only admit to 'having met Fuentes and discussed training plans'?

So, here's a different question. Assume he admits the use of PEDs under Saiz (unlikely that is), what would the ASO/UCI do regarding his TdF win? As a doper he should've been banned for 2 years, hence he should've never been allowed to start the 2007 TdF. On the other hand, he finished it in first place and neither did he fail any tests, nor did he miss pre-tour tests (as far as we know), nor does he admit doping in 2007. So, what are they going to do about it?

Cobblestones said:
This or something similar seems to be the most likely considering the circumstances:

1) He would never admit to doping during his Disco tenure (otherwise Bruyneel wouldn't be there). Whatever he'll admit, he'll claim that he was clean at Disco.

2) He'll admit something fishy (he's reading a prepared statement, probably written by lawyers, and doesn't allow for questions)

3) The question is, will he admit to outright doping under Saiz or will he only admit to 'having met Fuentes and discussed training plans'?

So, here's a different question. Assume he admits the use of PEDs under Saiz (unlikely that is), what would the ASO/UCI do regarding his TdF win? As a doper he should've been banned for 2 years, hence he should've never been allowed to start the 2007 TdF. On the other hand, he finished it in first place and neither did he fail any tests, nor did he miss pre-tour tests (as far as we know), nor does he admit doping in 2007. So, what are they going to do about it?
I think you have already answered this. Why would he admit to anything unless he is really in a corner? And Bruyneel would never appear with him in that case.

Contador's admitting to funny business would complicate Discovery's efforts to secure a sponsorship in 2008.

If there were even an inkling of such a thing you would be hearing about how Contador had 'betrayed the trust of his team' and that he should be banished to Kazakhstan and forced to ride local women's cyclocross races there in summer shorts during the Kazkh winter for the coming 10 years or something.

I think we will be getting a chest thumping "I am innocent and refute the German conspiracy against Discovery! This is worse than the French conspiracy against all American riders in the history of the TdF!". Or something similar...

Powerful Pete said:
I think we will be getting a chest thumping "I am innocent and refute the German conspiracy against Discovery! This is worse than the French conspiracy against all American riders in the history of the TdF!". Or something similar...
It could be of course, but why would he then only read a prepared statement and not answer questions? If he goes for the chest thumping grandstanding French/German conspiracy BS, it would make much more sense to do it in an open format.

ETA: The more I think about it, if what you're suggesting is true, then it will turn into a PR nightmare. He will be slaughtered and ridiculed by the press. Disco is smarter than that.

4. That we would like to introduce Ms. Alice Condator, 1st female winner of the TDF, but on a serious soy milk diet and testosties to grow breast. (Fuente prescribed no doubt)

5. Alice would like to apolgize to the Disco team for lusting for them on the bus.

Cobblestones said:

cyclingheroes said:

Absolutely.

Jan Ulrich wired his doping fees to gynochologist Fuentes at the Bank of Zurich.

Mapei used a Lugano Pharmacy for its team refills.

Phonak blew up with Armstrong alums (Roid Landis and Tyler Hamilton)

Alberto Contador is guilty as sin. No doubt whatsoever.

Nobody standing on a Tour de France podium is ethical, honest or clean.

Slipstream employing Thor and David Z. taints their image too.

Doc it's bad enough having one of your posts show up let alone two. Only hit submit once.

Actually that's not what I meant, not even close.

Doctor.House said:
Absolutely.

Jan Ulrich wired his doping fees to gynochologist Fuentes at the Bank of Zurich.

Mapei used a Lugano Pharmacy for its team refills.

Phonak blew up with Armstrong alums (Roid Landis and Tyler Hamilton)

Alberto Contador is guilty as sin. No doubt whatsoever.

Nobody standing on a Tour de France podium is ethical, honest or clean.

Slipstream employing Thor and David Z. taints their image too.