Contador preparing for tour

jimmypop said:
http://www.velonews.com/article/90237/contador-skipping-ardennes-classics

Just laying low, I'm sure.

Maybe he and Armstrong can visit Hamilton.
He'll go and hang out with Armstrong. Maybe share a blood bag or two. Lance has this secret hide-out where they can ride on their trainers or slip to the backroads through a secret tunnel.

OR then he'll go to the beach. He had such good experience from training on the beach prior to a GT :)

Leafer said:
A little "beach" time sure worked for the Giro.

EDIT: damn you, RdBiker. :)
Heh, The beach and cycling just always bring Contador to my mind :) It has become one of the catching phrases in cycling just like "Ferrari engines".

If beach is French for training in the Rockies then I guess I would agree.

whiteboytrash said:
"I will turn off the mobile phone and later focus on preparing for the Tour,” Contador said.

Turn off the mobile ? Errr so the testers can't locate you ? I was in Italy, errr Mexico, errrrr Texas........ errrr on the beach....... honest.....
I guess they still have to inform WADA and UCI about their whereabouts.

This "turning the mobile phone off" might backfire though since how is Contador supposed to get the warning call from Bruynell telling him that the vampires are coming if he has his mobile off :D

maybe matt mcconauGHEYwill join them for a nice dude run in tight short shorts to keep the heart beating after some nice...... training

Looks like Alberto's preparations are working superbly.

He blew everyone away in the ITT at the Basque Tour. Now, it wasn't pancake flat as nothing is at that race but, still, we continue to see what appears to be a preview of the Tour. AC appears to be poised to win both the climbing and, possibly, ITT events.

He was quoted (in translated English) as being surprised with how good his TT form is and now he must prepare for the longer trials.

Johan finds this guy boring? I guess if you always win that "easily" it must be.

He destroyed the field in Pais Vasco.

I just caught it on TVE this evening, he looked really impressive.

Give him the TDF now. Why would anyone want to turn up? Contador being presented the mountains on a platter from Kloden, Leipheimer, Popovych, Zubeldia and potentially Armstrong and thrashing the other contenders by more than a minute and 25 seconds in a time trial over 40km. Quite remarkable.