"Contaminated" OPV vax. Caught out in genocide

Ignoring the epidemic of the 40's, I'd say polio vaccination
in the UK is saving about 800 lives per year. Anth

"Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "CBI" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:pwN8c-
> [email protected]...
> > Anth wrote: 6331 cases in 1955 down to zero in 1984. It
> > is not possible to over-rate that.
>
> Oh I think you know it is possible to overrate that - MD
> walking advertisement for the effectiveness of the polio
> vaccine, but he can quote figures, but can't tell you how
> much of those figures were trend and or vaccine. Anth

"Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> They did drop I graphed it.

********. Liar, imbecile or ineducable moron.

Show your hand or STFU.

moo

> Anth
>
> "David Wright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > In article
> > <[email protected]>, Anth
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >..and also why did the cases of polio in the UK drop by
> > >a huge amount
> before
> > >the introduction of the vaccine? If you can answer that
> > >I will believe you.
> >
> > I can answer it. They did NOT drop a "huge amount"
> > before the introduction of the vaccine. They didn't drop
> > at all. I think we've been over this before. You've
> > obviously learned nothing.
> >
> > And yes, I've been over the raw data.
> >
> > -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are
> > my opinions only, but they're almost always correct.
> > "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because
> > giants were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson,
> > MIT)
> >

> > >Anth
> > >
> > >"Peter Bowditch" <[email protected]> wrote in
> > >message
> > >news:[email protected]...

"Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in
> The trend was downward, and the gradient of the trend
> didn't alter much
when
> the vaccine was introduced.

Hey stoopid, what happened to smallpox?

How is smallpox like polio?

moo

> > > That's my argument which is based on facts, so kindly
> > > quit
> > trying to
> > > make me look like a liar..
> >
> > We don't think you are lying - just impaired.
>
> Of course you're an MD, you think like that.
>
> > --
> > CBI, MD

> Are you really this ignorant of statistics? Or even of real-
> world experience? Automobile accident fatalitiess peaked
> some years ago in the United States (in the 1960s, I
> believe). They've been slowly dropping ever since -- and I
> suppose you'll now argue that this had nothing to do with
> seatbelts, air bags, and more crashworthy cars.

Maybe I am, but I have a point, you have an assumption..

> >Also how come every other peak is lower than the 1947
> >incidence if the trends are not decreasing?. Simply put
> >the epidemic peaked at 1947.
>
> Yes, *that* epidemic.
>
> >You assert that the epidemic crashed when the vaccine was
> >introduced.
>
> It did. What's the beef?
>
> >My argument is
> >
> >Now draw curve of best fit across the peaks of the
> >oscillations and you
will
> >see that there's is a clear downward trend for all the
> >data including
when
> >the vaccine was introduced.
>
> You have too few data points to show a proper trend.

I have nearly 10 years of trends, you have zip, and the data
is going downwards in those 10 years.

> >That's my argument which is based on facts, so kindly
> >quit trying to make me look like a liar..
>
> You're not a liar. But that doesn't mean you're
> right, either.

Well prove it then.

Bull-**** they dropped by a huge amount. Anth

> And yes, I've been over the raw data.
>
> -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my
> opinions only, but they're almost always correct. "If I
> have not seen as far as others, it is because giants
> were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

Refute my statements first without regressing to assumptions
or bog off. Anth

"Happy Dog" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > They did drop I graphed it.
>
> ********. Liar, imbecile or ineducable moron.
>
> Show your hand or STFU.
>
> moo
>

> > Anth
> >
> > "David Wright" <[email protected]> wrote in
> > message news:[email protected]
> > gy.com...
> > > In article
> > > <[email protected]>, Anth
> > before
> > >
> > > I can answer it. They did NOT drop a "huge amount"
> > > before the introduction of the vaccine. They didn't
> > > drop at all. I think we've been over this before.
> > > You've obviously learned nothing.
> > >
> > > And yes, I've been over the raw data.
> > >
> > > -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These
> > > are my opinions only, but they're almost always
> > > correct. "If I have not seen as far as others, it is
> > > because giants were standing on my shoulders." (Hal
> > > Abelson, MIT)

Go and boil your head. Anth

"Happy Dog" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in
> > The trend was downward, and the gradient of the trend
> > didn't alter much
> when
> > the vaccine was introduced.
>
> Hey stoopid, what happened to smallpox?
>
> How is smallpox like polio?
>
> moo

> > > trying to
> > >
> > > We don't think you are lying - just impaired.
> >
> > Of course you're an MD, you think like that.
> >
> > > --
> > > CBI, MD

Yeah what happened to measles? Anth

moox2

"CBI" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Anth wrote:
> > I think that was my source source http://www.post-polio.org/ipn/ir-
> > eng.html
>
> We must be looking at different data tables. The one in
> this link shows triple digit rates for every year (it
> starts in 1912) with some up years and some down and then
> a rise into 4 digits in the late 1940's to early '50's
> with things peaking (up to 6000 cases) in the first half
> of the '50's. Then a steady plunge in numbers starting in
> 1957 (4000+ cases) to triple digits in 1960 (first time
> since 1946), double digits in 1963 (first time ever
> recorded), single digits in 1970, and under 5 cases per
> year in ever year since 1980.

OK - so it's not me, its Schlafly statistics in a new and
improved form.

Anth - you need to update your abacus - when you run a trend
line you can not only visualize the relationship, but you
can run the statistic. Guess what. You are wrong.

js

"Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> <Rich.@.> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 03:34:07 GMT, "CBI"
> > <[email protected]> wrote:

> > Cue Anth to say that you cannot know that it would not
> > have declined without the vaccine.
>
> No Rich what I am saying is that you blabber that the
> vaccine was responsible for the reduction in cases, when
> you don't know how much of that was trend based.

Anth - the statement above is incorrect - repeating it does
not change that fact.

"Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Yep which is just my point it based on an assumption which
> you are guilty
of
> glorifying. Point being you don't know what the hell would
> have happened if the
vaccine

In another post you said that your source was:

http://www.post-polio.org/ipn/ir-eng.html

If you took the time to graph the numbers, you would see
that there was no clear downward trend until after the
introduction of the vaccine.

Take a few minutes to do it and see what the graphs
look like.

"Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "David Wright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > In article
> > <[email protected]>, Anth
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >They did drop I graphed it.
> >
> > Yes, Anth, some years they dropped. And some years they
> > went up. And they didn't start to really crash and stay
> > there until vaccination came in. I graphed it too.
> >
> > -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are
> > my opinions only, but they're almost always correct.
> > "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because
> > giants were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson,
> > MIT)
>
> Ok I challenge you this :-
>
> Show me one point on the map which was larger than thee
> 1947 incidence which was 7095.

Why is this even relevant? In any sequence you will have two
extreme points - the highest and the lowest. These two
points specify the range.

> Show me another point on that graph which is larger
> than that.

Why is this een relevant?

> You can't because there's none,

Duh.

> you assert that the trends were not decreasing,

Not prior to 1957 was there a consistent year to year change
in the negative direction, Anth.

> well how come there's no points higher than the 1947
> incidence?

Because the observed incidence in 1947 was the highest
across the 70 or so years of observations. One of the years
has to be the highest.

> Also how come every other peak is lower than the 1947
> incidence if the trends are not decreasing?.

1923 587 1926 1158 1929 531

1934 589 1937 658 1940 938

> Simply put the epidemic peaked at 1947.

1947 was a banner year for UK health care - its when the NHS
was born. Data collection was gr4eatly improved.

Notice that after 1947, the next ten years showed an
observed incidence rate higher than any other previous 10-
year period.

> You assert that the epidemic crashed when the vaccine was
> introduced.

The annual observed rate was significantly lowered because
of the introduction of the vaccine.

> My argument is

laughable?

> Now draw curve of best fit across the peaks of the
> oscillations and you will see that there's is a clear
> downward trend for all the data including when the vaccine
> was introduced.

No. There is not. The statistic is non-significant. Year is
not a predictor of incidence between 1947 and 1957. There is
no trend. Nonme. Nada. Zero. Zip.

> That's my argument which is based on facts, so kindly quit
> trying to make me look like a liar..

No, your argument is not based on facts. Your argument is
based on an observation of an outlier that is part of the
normal variance. This happens in epidemiology quite often.
The presenxce of an outlier observation is not sufficient
evidence of a trend.

js

"Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "CBI" <[email protected]> wrote in message Also how
> come every other peak is lower than the 1947
> > > incidence if the trends are not decreasing?. Simply
> > > put the epidemic peaked at 1947.
> >
> > This is appalleing. basically you are sayig that since
> > the absolute highest incidence was not the year before
> > the vaccine was introduced that the trend was downward?
> > What would have been the odds of that? Explain why the
> > rates never, even once, went below 100 cases prior to
> > the vaccine but thay have consistently been that way for
> > decades now.
>
> The trend was downward, and the gradient of the trend
> didn't alter much when the vaccine was introduced.

The "gradient"? What the hell is that supposed to mean? Have
you ever run a regression equation?

Give it up Anth - you have no clue.

js

On 26 Mar 2004 06:36:02 -0800, [email protected] (Jonathan
Smith) wrote:

>"Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>> "CBI" <[email protected]> wrote in message Also how
>> come every other peak is lower than the 1947
>> >
>> > This is appalleing. basically you are sayig that since
>> > the absolute highest incidence was not the year before
>> > the vaccine was introduced that the trend was downward?
>> > What would have been the odds of that? Explain why the
>> > rates never, even once, went below 100 cases prior to
>> > the vaccine but thay have consistently been that way
>> > for decades now.
>>
>> The trend was downward, and the gradient of the trend
>> didn't alter much when the vaccine was introduced.
>
>The "gradient"? What the hell is that supposed to mean?
>Have you ever run a regression equation?
>
>Give it up Anth - you have no clue.

Anth will likely never give it up. He has decided that
the evidence is *weak* that the polio vaccine was
critical in reducing the incidence of polio to virtually
zero in North America.

He will not change his mind regardless of how much evidence
anyone produces. This is quite obvious.

He will keep mindlessly repeating that the incidence of
polio was on a decline before polio vaccine was introduced.
It is pointless to try to convince him otherwise. However
it is important to refute his claim with objective
statistical and epidemiological evidence.

All Anth can do is come up with strawman arguments like
asserting that people think that polio vaccine is 100%
effective or 100% safe. It is neither. Smallpox vaccine was
also not 100% effective or 100% safe. However it is pretty
clear that the reason that the world is small pox free
(except for lab specimens) because of vaccines. Anth will
probably say that we don't know that small pox would not
have been wiped out due to downward trend.

For whatever reason Anth does not *want* to believe that
vaccines can be a very effective way to reduce the incidence
of disease. It is ironic since vaccines are a great
preventative medicine program. An ounce of prevention is
worth a pound of cure. Sadly there are some with their heads
in the sand (or elsewhere).

Aloha,

Rich

>js

The best defense to logic is ignorance

"Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > Are you really this ignorant of statistics? Or even of
> > real-world experience? Automobile accident fatalitiess
> > peaked some years ago in the United States (in the
> > 1960s, I believe). They've been slowly dropping ever
> > since -- and I suppose you'll now argue that this had
> > nothing to do with seatbelts, air bags, and more
> > crashworthy cars.

> Maybe I am, but I have a point, you have an assumption..

> I have nearly 10 years of trends, you have zip, and the
> data is going downwards in those 10 years.

> > You're not a liar. But that doesn't mean you're right,
> > either.
>
> Well prove it then.

Interpret these data:

1947 3296 1948 5826 1949 3746 1950 3369 1951 2274 1952 10259
1953 5081 1954 3980 1955 4156 1956 4913 1957 3998 1958 2708
1959 3072 1960 4324 1961 4677

What's your conclusion from these data?

1947 275 1948 993 1949 3,127 1950 3,212 1951 4,233 1952
2,317 1953 2,286 1954 1,921 1955 1,314 1956 1,498 1957 1,718
1958 2,610 1959 2,917 1960 5,606 1961 2,437

Under the Anth Trend Statistic, in the first series there is
a trend beginning in 1952, and in the second there is a
trend beginning in 1960?

In reality, neither of the two have a significant r sq.
There is no association between year and incidence rate.

js

You say there's no trend, and yet in the caees of polio in
the UK the cases dropped? I pushed a polynomial trendline
through the data and the curve doesn't cut off rapidly when
the vaccine was introduced. Anth

"Jonathan Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in
message
news:[email protected]...
> "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > > Are you really this ignorant of statistics? Or even of
> > > real-world experience? Automobile accident fatalitiess
> > > peaked some years ago in the United States (in the
> > > 1960s, I believe). They've been slowly dropping ever
> > > since -- and I suppose you'll now argue that this had
> > > nothing to do with seatbelts, air bags, and more
> > > crashworthy cars.
>
> > Maybe I am, but I have a point, you have an assumption..
>
> > I have nearly 10 years of trends, you have zip, and the
> > data is going downwards in those 10 years.
>
> > > You're not a liar. But that doesn't mean you're right,
> > > either.
> >
> > Well prove it then.
>
> Interpret these data:
>
> 1947 3296 1948 5826 1949 3746 1950 3369 1951 2274 1952
> 10259 1953 5081 1954 3980 1955 4156 1956 4913 1957 3998
> 1958 2708 1959 3072 1960 4324 1961 4677
>
> What's your conclusion from these data?
>
> 1947 275 1948 993 1949 3,127 1950 3,212 1951 4,233 1952
> 2,317 1953 2,286 1954 1,921 1955 1,314 1956 1,498 1957
> 1,718 1958 2,610 1959 2,917 1960 5,606 1961 2,437
>
> Under the Anth Trend Statistic, in the first series there
> is a trend beginning in 1952, and in the second there is a
> trend beginning in 1960?
>
> In reality, neither of the two have a significant r sq.
> There is no association between year and incidence rate.
>
> js

Ok then tell me how many cases of polio OR the yearly
reduction in incidence of polio caused by the vaccine. Anth

"Jonathan Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in
message
news:[email protected]...
> "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "David Wright" <[email protected]> wrote in
> > message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > In article
> > > <[email protected]>, Anth
> > >
> > > Yes, Anth, some years they dropped. And some years
> > > they went up. And they didn't start to really crash
> > > and stay there until vaccination came in. I graphed it
> > > too.
> > >
> > > -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These
> > > are my opinions only, but they're almost always
> > > correct. "If I have not seen as far as others, it is
> > > because giants were standing on my shoulders." (Hal
> > > Abelson, MIT)
> >
> > Ok I challenge you this :-
> >
> > Show me one point on the map which was larger than thee
> > 1947 incidence
which
> > was 7095.
>
> Why is this even relevant? In any sequence you will have
> two extreme points - the highest and the lowest. These two
> points specify the range.
>
> > Show me another point on that graph which is larger
> > than that.
>
> Why is this een relevant?
>
> > You can't because there's none,
>
> Duh.
>
> > you assert that the trends were not decreasing,
>
> Not prior to 1957 was there a consistent year to year
> change in the negative direction, Anth.
>
> > well how come there's no points higher than the 1947
> > incidence?
>
> Because the observed incidence in 1947 was the highest
> across the 70 or so years of observations. One of the
> years has to be the highest.
>
> > Also how come every other peak is lower than the 1947
> > incidence if the trends are not decreasing?.
>
> 1923 587 1926 1158 1929 531
>
> 1934 589 1937 658 1940 938
>
> > Simply put the epidemic peaked at 1947.
>
> 1947 was a banner year for UK health care - its when the
> NHS was born. Data collection was gr4eatly improved.
>
> Notice that after 1947, the next ten years showed an
> observed incidence rate higher than any other previous 10-
> year period.
>
> > You assert that the epidemic crashed when the vaccine
> > was introduced.
>
> The annual observed rate was significantly lowered because
> of the introduction of the vaccine.
>
> > My argument is
>
> laughable?
>
> > Now draw curve of best fit across the peaks of the
> > oscillations and you
will
> > see that there's is a clear downward trend for all the
> > data including
when
> > the vaccine was introduced.
>
> No. There is not. The statistic is non-significant. Year
> is not a predictor of incidence between 1947 and 1957.
> There is no trend. Nonme. Nada. Zero. Zip.
>
> > That's my argument which is based on facts, so kindly
> > quit trying to
make me
> > look like a liar..
>
> No, your argument is not based on facts. Your argument is
> based on an observation of an outlier that is part of the
> normal variance. This happens in epidemiology quite often.
> The presenxce of an outlier observation is not sufficient
> evidence of a trend.
>
> js

<Rich.@.> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 26 Mar 2004 06:36:02 -0800, [email protected]
> (Jonathan Smith) wrote:
>
> >"Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> >> "CBI" <[email protected]> wrote in message Also how
> >> come every other peak is lower than the 1947

> >> The trend was downward, and the gradient of the trend
> >> didn't alter much
when
> >> the vaccine was introduced.
> >
> >The "gradient"? What the hell is that supposed to mean?
> >Have you ever run a regression equation?
> >
> >Give it up Anth - you have no clue.

That isn't my point Rich. The epidemic peaked then fell, you
don't know what caused it. You can assume that it's the
vaccine, show me a well designed study to how otherwise.

> Anth will likely never give it up. He has decided that the
> evidence is *weak* that the polio vaccine was critical in
> reducing the incidence of polio to virtually zero in North
> America.

I didn't say that with your spin.

> He will not change his mind regardless of how much
> evidence anyone produces. This is quite obvious.

No I won't because simply you don't know what the hell was
happening to the curve.

> He will keep mindlessly repeating that the incidence of
> polio was on a decline before polio vaccine was
> introduced. It is pointless to try to convince him
> otherwise. However it is important to refute his claim
> with objective statistical and epidemiological evidence.

You got it.

> All Anth can do is come up with strawman arguments like
> asserting that people think that polio vaccine is 100%
> effective or 100% safe. It is neither. Smallpox vaccine
> was also not 100% effective or 100% safe.

We're talking polio not smallpox. Where's the cases of
smallpox in the UK? You assert that it's the vaccine, now
how come in other studies there's outbreaks?

> However it is pretty clear that the reason that the
> world is small pox free (except for lab specimens)
> because of vaccines. Anth will probably say that we
> don't know that small pox would not have been wiped out
> due to downward trend.

Show me a well designed study.

> For whatever reason Anth does not *want* to believe that
> vaccines can be a very effective way to reduce the
> incidence of disease. It is ironic since vaccines are a
> great preventative medicine program. An ounce of
> prevention is worth a pound of cure. Sadly there are some
> with their heads in the sand (or elsewhere).

Neither do you want to believe that there's treatments out
there that work outside of mainstream.

> Aloha,
>
> Rich
> >
> >js

> The best defense to logic is ignorance

I'll have a look at this and get back to you. Anth

"Jonathan Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in
message
news:[email protected]...
> "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > <Rich.@.> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 03:34:07 GMT, "CBI"
> > > <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > > Cue Anth to say that you cannot know that it would not
> > > have declined without the vaccine.
> >
> > No Rich what I am saying is that you blabber that the
> > vaccine was responsible for the reduction in cases, when
> > you don't know how much of
that
> > was trend based.
>
> Anth - the statement above is incorrect - repeating it
> does not change
that fact.

In article <[email protected]>,
Anth <[email protected]> wrote:
>Yeah what happened to measles?

Rates crashed almost immediately after the introduction of
vaccination to the US, after being very (and consistently)
high for many years. No doubt you'll also consider this a
coincidence.