Conti 4 season GP questions

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Mike, Aug 13, 2004.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Has anyone here used or sold enough of them to know:

    1. What are the actual widths of the inflated 700x25 and 700x28? Other
    Contis tend to be narrower than stated.

    2. I'm assuming from Conti's description of this tire as being for
    "winter and wet conditions" that it is essentially a GP with a softer
    or stickier tread or sidewall so it remains a bit more supple in cold
    temps. True? Does that mean less durability using it in warm / dry
    conditions?

    Thanks,

    Mike

    Tags:

  2. david

    david Guest

    I am currently running GP-4 season. and after 900 miles the tires seem to be
    wearing quite fast.
    It may be a stickier compound. But it almost looks to me as though it is a
    GP3000 with those braided things on the sidewall.

    david

    "Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Has anyone here used or sold enough of them to know:
    >
    > 1. What are the actual widths of the inflated 700x25 and 700x28? Other
    > Contis tend to be narrower than stated.
    >
    > 2. I'm assuming from Conti's description of this tire as being for
    > "winter and wet conditions" that it is essentially a GP with a softer
    > or stickier tread or sidewall so it remains a bit more supple in cold
    > temps. True? Does that mean less durability using it in warm / dry
    > conditions?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mike

  3. gte-<< I am currently running GP-4 season. and after 900 miles the tires seem
    to be
    wearing quite fast.
    It may be a stickier compound. But it almost looks to me as though it is a
    GP3000 with those braided things on the sidewall>><BR><BR>

    That's exactly what it is. Gotta remember that high end tires from any maker
    are 'racing' tires that ARE of a stickier compound which will wear more
    quickly.

    Peter Chisholm
    Vecchio's Bicicletteria
    1833 Pearl St.