Conti Grand Prix 4-season tires

Michael

Guest
I love the regular Conti Grand Prix, though I also like the cheapo Sport 1000 (except that the wire
bead makes it much harder to mount). I get about 3000 miles per tire on the rear.

I'm looking for tires for my new all-weather commuting bike (road bike with disc brakes), so better
wet handling would definitely be beneficial and worth the extra $$$.

Any experience with the 4-season version? Are they really any better in wet weather or is it
marketing hype?

michael-<< I'm looking for tires for my new all-weather commuting bike (road bike with disc brakes),
so better wet handling would definitely be beneficial and worth the extra $$$.

Any experience with the 4-season version? Are they really any better in wet weather or is it
marketing hype?
>><BR><BR>

They are aGran Prix tread on a kevlar bead version of Gatorskins. They won't be any better in the
wet than GPs are. For a good all around tire, tough to beat Gatorskins...

there's a chronic review of Conti TT in bike.tech at DIY bike/cable luber and while there take a
gander at the "chain guard $2."

g.daniels wrote:
> there's a chronic review of Conti TT in bike.tech at DIY bike/cable luber and while there take a
> gander at the "chain guard $2."

What the heck does this mean?

[email protected] (Pete Hausner) wrote in message it cud mean that hausner works for Conti?
search bike.tech for diy cable/bike luber and therein recently is an ongoing review of the TT. The-
chain guard $2- is also searchable and effective, also in DIY if I remeber correctly.