Conti sidewall issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Ollie

Does anyone have any recent experience with conti's. I tried some a few years ago (a pair of
semi-slicks, and a pair of knobbies), and found that their side walls wore out very quickly,
breaking in several places before the tread had worn very mutch at all. I'm now working in a bike
shop which sells them and have noticed that they claim to have delt with this problem. Any feedback
on how they went? Cheers Ollie

"Ollie" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Does anyone have any recent experience with conti's. I tried some a few years ago (a pair of
>semi-slicks, and a pair of knobbies), and found that their side walls wore out very quickly,
>breaking in several places before the tread had worn very mutch at all. I'm now working in a bike
>shop which sells them and have noticed that they claim to have delt with this problem. Any feedback
>on how they went?

The Contis I'm running now show wear on the sidewalls, but it doesn't seem to be affecting their
strength and/or longevity. The trick has always been to ride enough miles to wear out the tread
before the sidewalls go south.

Mark Hickey Habanero Cycles http://www.habcycles.com Home of the $695 ti frame

"Ollie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone have any recent experience with conti's. I tried some a few years ago (a pair of
> semi-slicks, and a pair of knobbies), and found that their side walls wore out very quickly,
> breaking in several places before the tread had worn very mutch at all. I'm now working in a bike
> shop which sells them and have noticed that they claim to have delt with this
problem.
> Any feedback on how they went? Cheers Ollie
>
>

Nothing as such. I am riding Conti Vertical Pro 2.3 fifth pair and sixth is due in a week or two.
They wear pretty fast but they are consistent in wear, no unusual damages to the tire. Like them a
lot, same as few of my friends.

D'amir

Survival ProTection 2.3" (front) and a Survival Pro 2.1(rear), no problems

Mark Hickey <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Ollie" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Does anyone have any recent experience with conti's. I tried some a few years ago (a pair of
> >semi-slicks, and a pair of knobbies), and found that their side walls wore out very quickly,
> >breaking in several places before the tread had worn very mutch at all. I'm now working in a bike
> >shop which sells them and have noticed that they claim to have delt with this problem. Any
> >feedback on how they went?
>
> The Contis I'm running now show wear on the sidewalls, but it doesn't seem to be affecting their
> strength and/or longevity. The trick has always been to ride enough miles to wear out the tread
> before the sidewalls go south.
>
> Mark Hickey Habanero Cycles http://www.habcycles.com Home of the $695 ti frame

I've had problems with Michelin sidewalls, but not Contis. /s

"ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> Survival ProTection 2.3" (front) and a Survival Pro 2.1(rear), no problems
>

What's the difference between the Pro and the Pro-Tection versions. I'm running vertical Pro 2.3
front and rear. Did I the crappy version like the cheap Taiwan FIre XC Pro?

"wanguard" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Ollie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Does anyone have any recent experience with conti's. I tried some a few years ago (a pair of
> > semi-slicks, and a pair of knobbies), and found that their side walls wore out very quickly,
> > breaking in several places before the tread had worn very mutch at all. I'm now working in a
> > bike shop which sells them and have noticed that they claim to have delt with this
> problem.
> > Any feedback on how they went? Cheers Ollie
> >
> >
>
> Nothing as such. I am riding Conti Vertical Pro 2.3 fifth pair and sixth is due in a week or two.
> They wear pretty fast but they are consistent in wear, no unusual damages to the tire. Like them a
> lot, same as few of my friends.

They (Vertical Pro 2.3) are great on everything but hardpack and slickrock for me and have worn
well. Very predictable tires.

JD

Bruce wrote:
> "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Survival ProTection 2.3" (front) and a Survival Pro 2.1(rear), no problems
>>
>
>
> What's the difference between the Pro and the Pro-Tection versions.

Kevlar sidewalls

Status
Not open for further replies.