Continental Attack Force tires - destroyed

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by uhnala, May 19, 2003.

1. uhnala

uhnala New Member

I just purchased some new Continental Attack Force tires (clincher tires).

Five km into my first ride on them, the rear tire blew out when I hit a bump. The tire now has a 1/4 inch cut on it at the location of the blow out. I had the tires fully inflated to 120psi. The tire is destroyed, as it will no longer hold pressure beyond 80psi.

I have two questions:
    1) Has anyone had any luck trying to get the manufacturer to replace the tire in a similar incident?
    2) Can tires such as these be repaired? If so, how?

Thanks

By the way, these tires are sold as sets of two. The front tire is 700x22 and the rear is 700x23. I now realize that packaging these tires in sets of two is a significant problem when one of the tires is destroyed. You must buy two more tires when you really only want one.

Tags:

2. J-MAT

J-MAT New Member

Man that sucks!!!

I'm guessing that you did not do something foolish like run over a large piece of glass. Contact Continental and tell them what happened. The Attack Force package costs about $100 U.S., and thats a lot of money to be out when the other tire is brand new.

If they give you any problems, tell them you are posting your experience with these tires all over the internet. It's not uncommon to pinch a tube and flat when hitting a bump, but destroying a tire is.

Good luck with a replacement!!!

3. xavier

xavier New Member

Call BikeMine and ask for a warranty. I would demand a warranty after you spent so much. They should be able to honour waranty.

4. tdb

tdb New Member

you should try these front and rear specific tyre. fantastic, grip like you are on rails.

schwalbe stelvio evolution... top tyres