Continental Attack/Force

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Smilin321

1)Anyone have any experience with these new tires from Conti?

2)Does it make sense to use a smaller tire in front?

I am currently riding Specialized Armadillo in 700x23 and I love the flat resistance but these
tires are heavy(380g maybe more). My group training rides always turn out to be a race, which I
don't mind cause it gets me in shape, even though I sometimes get dropped(especially on the hills).
So I'm always thinking that I should lighten up on the tires a bit (as it is rotational weight and
all that). I usually wear out the rear tire faster, so I end up rotating with the front. These new
tires from Conti sound interesting except for the $$$. But I could just buy two different sizes of
another tire for less. Will 100+g per tire make a difference to a club rider or should I just shut
up and ride?

Chris

smilin-<< 1)Anyone have any experience with these new tires from Conti?

2)Does it make sense to use a smaller tire in front?

Saw them from the rep-makes as much sense as a different size tires onna car-not IMO-

Too bad they come in pairs now-I would like to put two rears on my bike...

<< I am currently riding Specialized Armadillo in 700x23 and I love the flat resistance but these
tires are heavy(380g maybe more).

Look at Conti Gatorskins or Conti Grand Prix 4 season...

<< My group training rides always turn out to be a race, which I don't mind cause it gets me in
shape, even though I sometimes get dropped(especially on the hills). So I'm always thinking that I
should lighten up on the tires a bit (as it is rotational weight and all that).

This sin't gonna keep ya from getting dropped...sorry-the rotational weight thing is a small, small,
teeny part of the wheel equation.

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
(3)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Status
Not open for further replies.