Continental Force/Attack tires - opinions

Henty

Guest
Hi all

I only have 1 set of wheels (Rolf Vector Pro) for training
and racing. So I'm looking for a set of tires that won't wear-
out/puncture too quickly, but are still light and responsive
enough up and down the climbs.

Would the conti force/attack combo be the correct compromise
or are they a bit flimsy? Any other suggestions?

Thanks Henty

--
hentyw @ innoforge.com

henty-<< I only have 1 set of wheels (Rolf Vector Pro) for
training and racing. So I'm looking for a set of tires that
won't wear-out/puncture too quickly, but are still light and
responsive enough up and down the climbs. >><BR><BR>

Conti Ultra 2000...great combo of performance, durability
and price. Specific front/rear tires are mostly marketing.

Boulder, CO, 80302
costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Henty <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi all
>
> I only have 1 set of wheels (Rolf Vector Pro) for training
> and racing. So I'm looking for a set of tires that won't
> wear-out/puncture too quickly, but are still light and
> responsive enough up and down the climbs.
>
> Would the conti force/attack combo be the correct
> compromise or are they a bit flimsy? Any other
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks Henty

Hi, good question, I got a couple of GCs for my LBS and
thought I would splurge on a set of these. I have seen some
good discounts online. If I was buying without the GCs, I
think I would buy at BikeTiresDirect.com, they offer "60-
Days of Road Hazard Insurance for Just $5 per Order". That
might give you some worthwhile protection. A good question
for the group, would be, has anyone made use of this hazard
insurance?

Life is Good! Jeff

As high-end race clinchers go these are very durable and
last quite well.

Henty <[email protected]> writes:

>Hi all

>I only have 1 set of wheels (Rolf Vector Pro) for training
>and racing. So I'm looking for a set of tires that won't
>wear-out/puncture too quickly, but are still light and
>responsive enough up and down the climbs.

>Would the conti force/attack combo be the correct
>compromise or are they a bit flimsy? Any other suggestions?

Get some Continental Ultra 3000 700 x 25 folding tires at
Performance (onsale!) for only $20/pair.

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/Profile.cfm?SKU=18087-
&Store=Bike

I bought 4 of them. From this newsgroup (thanx), i found out
that this is an earlier version of the "Grand Prix 3000"
tires, with 3 layers instead of 5 layers, and they weigh
250g rather than 240g in 25mm but so what ?? These will be
very comfortable at 25 mm and you can have 4 tires for less
than the cost of an Attack/Force marketing blitz!

- Don Gillies San Diego, CA