Continental Gatorskin Road Tires?

RoadRider711

Jul 17, 2015
Hi. I'm Bill in Houston Texas and I just upgraded from my junk mountainbike from Academy to a "real bike". I got a Diamondback Insight 1 Sport Hybrid and I ride on pavement. The tires it came with are cheesy and I'd say do not provide good flat resistance. I was in Performance Bicycle today and they had 20% off of just about everything so I picked up a pair of Gatorskins in 700 X 32 size. Are these a good choice ofr ruggedness and flat resistance?

Oh yeah. Gatorskins are great. Great combo of weight and toughness. My suggestion would be to go back and get a 3d while their still on sale. The rear usually wear at 2x the front. Sometimes 3x.

I went through a period of trying all of the puncture resistant tires. Gatorskins were 2nd behind the Schwabe Marathon Plus.

The regular gatorskins are OK. But I found I like the four seasons model even better. If you can get some of those, I would say they will be well worth it. Durable, free rolling, good traction, lightweight. I've never had a flat running them and I've gone thousands of miles.

Thanks. I put them on last Sunday and went for a ride. I like the tires. They hald up well in the debris filled "bike lanes". If I had the stock tires I would have probably gotten a flat or two where I rode.