Continental Gatorskin Road Tires?

RoadRider711

Jul 17, 2015
Hi. I'm Bill in Houston Texas and I just upgraded from my junk mountainbike from Academy to a "real bike". I got a Diamondback Insight 1 Sport Hybrid and I ride on pavement. The tires it came with are cheesy and I'd say do not provide good flat resistance. I was in Performance Bicycle today and they had 20% off of just about everything so I picked up a pair of Gatorskins in 700 X 32 size. Are these a good choice ofr ruggedness and flat resistance?

welshdude3

Jul 6, 2015
pittsburgh
Oh yeah. Gatorskins are great. Great combo of weight and toughness. My suggestion would be to go back and get a 3d while their still on sale. The rear usually wear at 2x the front. Sometimes 3x.

I went through a period of trying all of the puncture resistant tires. Gatorskins were 2nd behind the Schwabe Marathon Plus.

doctorold

Dec 14, 2010
North Carolina
The regular gatorskins are OK. But I found I like the four seasons model even better. If you can get some of those, I would say they will be well worth it. Durable, free rolling, good traction, lightweight. I've never had a flat running them and I've gone thousands of miles.

RoadRider711

Jul 17, 2015
Thanks. I put them on last Sunday and went for a ride. I like the tires. They hald up well in the debris filled "bike lanes". If I had the stock tires I would have probably gotten a flat or two where I rode.