Continental MTB Tires

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Ollie, Jun 9, 2003.

  1. Ollie

    Ollie Guest

    Does anyone have any recent experience with conti's. I tried some a few years ago (a pair of slicks,
    and a pair of knobbies), and found that their side walls wore out very quickly, breaking in several
    places before the tread had worn very mutch at all. I'm now working in a bike shop which sells them
    and have noticed that they claim to have delt with this problem. Any feedback onhow they went?

    Tags:

  2. David Bailey

    David Bailey Guest

    Ollie <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone have any recent experience with conti's. I tried some a few years ago (a pair of
    > slicks, and a pair of knobbies), and found that their side walls wore out very quickly,
    > breaking in several places before the tread had worn very mutch at all. I'm now working in a
    > bike shop which
    sells
    > them and have noticed that they claim to have delt with this problem. Any feedback onhow
    > they went?

    Am currently running the Continental Double Fighter tyres (folding). Are now made in Thailand and
    are very cheap compared to the German made tyres. They no longer come with cloth side walls and have
    eliminated the troubles with the tyre being out of round. If your after a replacement for a Goliath
    tyre try the Serfas Drifter 1.5 or 2.0 sizes, good pricing and very similar tread pattern.

    Cheers

    David

  3. Andrew Swan

    Andrew Swan Guest

    Ollie wrote:
    > Does anyone have any recent experience with conti's. I tried some a few years ago (a pair of
    > slicks, and a pair of knobbies), and found that their side walls wore out very quickly, breaking
    > in several places before the tread had worn very mutch at all. I'm now working in a bike shop
    > which sells them and have noticed that they claim to have delt with this problem. Any feedback
    > onhow they went?

    I have some Conti Gatorskins (sp?) and the tread part has perished noticeably, to the point where
    there are fine cracks all over the surface, although the bike did spend some months living on a
    sunny balcony.

    &roo