Road Cycling · Public discussion

Continental Sport 2000 tyre quality question

Started by big_h · · Last activity · 1 post · 1,907 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
22 June 2003
Last activity
22 June 2003
Original author
big_h
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,907
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. We use Continental Sport 2000 tyres in 700x28C on our tandem. I find it a tough tyre, fairly puncture resistant with extremely good roadholding. I have some problems though. The cloth/cotton layer that covers the bead tends to ravel and loose strings start pulling out. If I do not coat the cloth on the sidewall with a rubber based contact glue before fitting the threads that ravel out it soon looks very shabby. I also sometimes have trouble with the thread cracking in the lenght. Fine hair cracks that cover the whole of the thread. My question now is, I have been using these tyres for almost a year and a half and have done almost 7000 km on them (not one pair but several). Does anybody alse have the same problems???? How can I (we) contact Continental to discuss this with them. Surely a large company like this will have customer feedback and also improve on products. The above did not only happen on one tyre but several especially the ravelling. The local agent even exchanged some of the ravelling tyres for me. For how long can he keep on exchanging???? I would like to hear from other cyclists that use these tyres with the same problem.

    KEEP THOSE WHEELS SPINNING!!!!!

    Big H

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.