Continued faffing with headsets and some stuff for sale.

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Jon Senior, Jan 19, 2005.

  1. Jon Senior

    Jon Senior Guest

    The headset saga has now resulted in the purchasing of a new fork. The
    old one wasn't long enough for the 105 headset meaning... no locking nut.

    While picking up the fork from the Bike Station, I said I'd "advertise"
    some of the things that they currently have.

    A huge selection of 700C tubular rims (Mavic mostly). Available to
    anyone who collects them for "not a lot. It'd be nice to get the space
    back and it'll take ages to remove all the eyelets for recycling".

    A Paganini (Panini?) road bike. Donated by a local who couldn't sell it
    because it's "too old fashioned", it is a work of art! Flamboyant red /
    chrome finish. Ornate lugwork. Apparently in very good nick. I think
    they are looking for around £350.

    For photos, email john AT thebikestation DOT org DOT uk

    Jon

    Tags:

  2. Jon Senior wrote:

    > The headset saga has now resulted in the purchasing of a new fork. The
    > old one wasn't long enough for the 105 headset meaning... no locking nut.
    >
    > While picking up the fork from the Bike Station, I said I'd "advertise"
    > some of the things that they currently have.

    I had a new steerer tube brazed onto my 531 forks. Now I have a
    Stronglight A9 with a 10mm spacer...so as long as someone still makes
    threaded headsets, one of them will fit!