Contrast

Bill C

Guest
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/tennis/08/04/betting.probe.ap/index.html
Some quotes:

Etienne de Villiers, the ATP's executive chairman, said

<snipped>

"It is important that we not jump to conclusions, especially when
players' reputations could be unfairly tainted," de Villiers said.
"What we must do is carry out a comprehensive and immediate
investigation, and that is what we are doing."

If **** Pound ever even bothered to try those words he'd be stuck by
lightning, but my guess is that he's pretty safe.
Quite the contrast. A pat on the back to the ATP.
Bill C

"Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/tennis/08/04/betting.probe.ap/index.html
> Some quotes:
>
> Etienne de Villiers, the ATP's executive chairman, said
>
> <snipped>
>
> "It is important that we not jump to conclusions, especially when
> players' reputations could be unfairly tainted," de Villiers said.
> "What we must do is carry out a comprehensive and immediate
> investigation, and that is what we are doing."
>
> If **** Pound ever even bothered to try those words he'd be stuck by
> lightning, but my guess is that he's pretty safe.
> Quite the contrast. A pat on the back to the ATP.

There are a lot of people posting here who happily taint other people's
reputations all the time. Seems to me that it's their pastime.