Control petrol prices

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by [email protected], Apr 19, 2006.

  1. Sick of paying a fortune for petrol? There is a SIMPLE solution. Oil
    companies and petrol suppliers are colluding to form a monopoly. To
    fight back, all that consumers need to do is to act as one.

    The following information holds the key to never paying more than 80
    cents per litre for petrol in Australia.

    This information was published more than 6 months ago but Australian
    consumers appear to be happy to pay more than $1.30 per litre because
    nobody has bothered to spread the word.

    If you send this to 10 people and those 10 send it to 10 people and so
    on, then it will only take about a week to spread the word to every
    Australian with an email address. Then it should only take about
    another 2 to 3 weeks of everybody using their collective consumer power
    when buying petrol and we won't have to pay more than 80 cents per
    litre for fuel, EVER!

    Australian consumers are being played for suckers by the oil companies
    and their good buddies - the politicians.

    --------------------snip---------------------------

    HOW CONSUMERS CONTROL THE PRICE OF PETROL

    THE SHORT ANSWER

    If people simply stopped purchasing any petrol whatsoever from a single
    leading oil company until the price drops to 80 cents per litre, the
    price of petrol would drop to that amount in about two to three weeks.

    This really works, it has worked in the past and will work every time.
    Whenever the price of petrol rises above 80 cents per litre, if
    everyone stopped buying from a single chosen leading supplier and ONLY
    started buying from them again when the price drops below 80 cents per
    litre - the price will stay below 80 cents per litre. But EVERYONE
    must do it, no exceptions. It would require people buying petrol from
    anyone except the chosen oil company.

    The only way Australian consumers could make this work is to all
    participate. This means that every Australian needs to know about
    this. To achieve this, everybody needs to spread the word to everyone
    they know. Spread the word. The sooner all Australians know how to
    use their combined purchasing power the sooner consumers will control
    the price of petrol.

    HOW IT WORKS

    For those who are sceptical or just curious, this is how it works.
    It's a simple case of economics.

    Before starting, everyone needs to know that the Australian Government
    employs economists and contracts the services of economic consultancy
    firms that will always toe the government line. So these economists
    will say that this strategy won't work because the government doesn't
    want Australian consumers to control the price of petrol. The
    government doesn't want the price of petrol to drop because when
    consumers pay 50 cents more for petrol, the government gets an extra 5
    cents GST for every litre sold. This means that the government
    actively supports the oil companies when they dictate the higher prices
    Australians pay for petrol. The fact remains, however, that when
    consumers use their collective purchasing power, consumers will control
    prices - this is a fundamental economic reality.

    I have been told that this information has been sent to peak motoring
    bodies and the media and they won't publish it because they get their
    kickbacks from the oil companies too.

    The government wants the price of petrol to continually increase, so
    they allow (support) the oil companies to collude.

    Everyone knows that oil companies in Australia work together to fix
    prices and the government supports it. The problem is proving it when
    the government supports it. The collusion enables the multiple oil
    companies to act as one, just like a monopoly where any price can be
    charged and the consumer will be FORCED to pay as they have NO CHOICE.
    This means that the supplier controls the price rather than normal
    market forces (supply and demand).

    The way around the situation is for consumers to break the oil company
    alliance (virtual monopoly) and force them to compete. This is easily
    achieved by getting the market leaders to compete "head to head" for
    sales. If ONE of the leading oil companies suffers a dramatic
    reduction in sales, then that company will suffer a backup in
    production and massive losses in revenue. Therefore, supply of petrol
    will be greater than the demand. The only way for the oil company to
    restore a balance to this over-supply (and loss of revenue) is to
    reduce the price to a point where demand will equal the supply. Quite
    simply, if all Australians stopped buying petrol from ONE market leader
    until the price drops to 80 cents per litre before buying from that
    company, then 80 cents per litre will become the market price as every
    other supplier would need to charge that amount to sell their petrol.

    In a free and competitive market, consumers set the price of goods as
    demand will lower as prices increase. When a price rises too high,
    then people will be less likely to purchase from that supplier. This
    will not occur where there is only once supplier (a monopoly) or when
    multiple suppliers act as one through collusion. Unfortunately, we all
    need petrol and the oil companies collude to form a virtual monopoly.
    In a country like Australia where we all have to travel great distances
    to get anywhere, the oil companies can exert a greater power over the
    consumer. Unlike Europe where you can drive through 3 countries in one
    day, our 1 country takes more than 3 days to cross. We all need petrol
    in Australia and lots of it. This means that through their collusion,
    the greedy oil companies are successfully exploiting Australian
    consumers.

    Now, if everyone stopped buying petrol, the price would drop. But as
    stated, we all need petrol. This leaves the consumer with only one
    alternative. Consumers must stop buying petrol from ONE (ONLY ONE) of
    the market leaders. If consumers stopped buying petrol from a minor
    player in the market, then the impact would not be great enough to
    cause a shift in the price. It would only force the minor player out
    of the market. It is, therefore, essential to stop buying petrol from
    a market leader until the price drops to 80 cents. Once that market
    leader lowers the price to 80 cents then everyone can resume buying
    from that oil company. This then sets the price for all other players
    in the market. The minute they raise the price above 80 cents then
    EVERY consumer must immediately stop buying from that oil company until
    the price again drops to 80 cents.

    So, from which market leader should Australians stop purchasing petrol?
    Firstly, there are only a few market leaders in Australia from which
    to choose so the alternatives are limited. The chosen market leader
    must be large enough to impact the entire market when the oil giant is
    forced to lower the price of petrol in order to have demand equal
    supply and regain revenue. Secondly, It would be wise to stop buying
    from a market leader that other big businesses relying on to attract
    consumers to their business. The big businesses that co-locate with
    petrol stations include McDonalds and other high profile retailers. By
    targeting an oil company that have big businesses co-located with their
    service stations, the loss of customers will also impact those other
    major companies. Those big businesses will then pressure the targeted
    oil company to lower the petrol prices to bring consumers back to their
    businesses. This will result in greater pressure than just reduced
    petrol sales to be applied to the targeted oil company.

    Oil companies are working hard to get all Australians used to paying a
    lot more than $1.30 per litre for petrol. The government and the media
    are also working hard together telling us all to get used to paying
    more than $1.30 per litre. They are all in league with the oil
    companies to break the Australian consumer's resistance to paying
    higher petrol prices. Even the government's economists are continually
    telling us to get ready to pay more than $1.50 per litre. Once
    consumers become used to paying that price, the oil companies and
    government will again work together to ratchet up the price even
    further. It makes you wonder if Australian consumers will ever wake up
    to what is being done to them.

    The only way to stop the oil companies from colluding and forcing
    Australian consumers to pay more than the true market value is to get
    consumers to join together. By using COLLECTIVE purchasing power,
    consumers will set the price paid for petrol.

    This is the way it should be, ask any economist. MARKET FORCES
    DETERMINE PRICE IN A "COMPETITIVE" MARKET. Suppliers can only set
    prices when a government permits a non-competitive market environment
    to exist. The mere fact that oil companies set the price in Australia
    is PROOF that natural market forces have failed through the government
    allowing oil companies to collude.

    In the United States they pay approximately 55 - 60 cents per litre for
    unleaded petrol and there is absolutely no reason for Australians to
    pay any more than the Australian dollar equivalent. This means
    Australians should not be paying more than 80 cents per litre.

    Oil companies are are skimming an extra 30 to 50 cents off Australian
    consumers. The only reason they do this is because the Australian
    government allows it and consumers don't resist it.

    SPREAD THE WORD - EVERY AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER WILL NEED TO USE THEIR
    PURCHASING POWER IF THEY WANT TO BREAK THE OIL COMPANIES' CONTROL OVER
    PETROL PRICES!

    ------------------snip------------------

    ALL CONSUMERS NEED DO IS PICK THE APPROPRIATE LEADING OIL COMPANY.

    Tags:

  2. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    I tell you now, it's all a vast fishy conspiracy. So when is the government going to admit we'll being attacked by giant killer squid? We've seen their evil groupthink at work, slowly infiltrating local councils, subtly altering state government policies and even telling Johnny what to do! Nothing will stop GIANT KILLER SQUID from their final goal - TOTAL WORLD DOMINATION!!!

    Except for the fact I love Chilli-Salt Squid with ginger & extra crispy noodles.

  3. dtmeister

    dtmeister Guest

    cfsmtb <[email protected]> wrote:

    > [email protected] Wrote:
    >> Sick of paying a fortune for petrol? There is a SIMPLE solution. Oil
    >> companies and petrol suppliers are colluding to form a monopoly. To
    >> fight back, all that consumers need to do is to act as one.

    > I tell you now, it's all a vast fishy conspiracy. So when are the
    > government going to admit we'll being attacked by giant killer squid?
    > We've seen their evil groupthink at work, slowly infiltrating local
    > councils, subtly altering state government policies and even telling
    > Johnny what to do! Nothing will stop GIANT KILLER SQUID from their
    > final goal - TOTAL WORLD DOMINATION!!!

    Exactly! Valerie, get a grip. Petrol prices are the least of our
    worries, WHAT ABOUT THE FREAKING GIANT KILLER SQUID? LOOK BEHIND YOU!

    --
    ..dt

  4. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2006-04-19, cfsmtb (aka Bruce)
    > Except for the fact I love Chilli-Salt Squid with ginger & extra crispy
    > noodles.

    <homer> drool </homer>

    Bought or one of your specialities?

    --
    TimC
    "I give up," said Pierre de Fermat's friend. "How DO you keep a

  5. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2006-04-19, dtmeister (aka Bruce)
    > cfsmtb <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> [email protected] Wrote:
    >>> Sick of paying a fortune for petrol? There is a SIMPLE solution. Oil
    >>> companies and petrol suppliers are colluding to form a monopoly. To
    >>> fight back, all that consumers need to do is to act as one.

    >> I tell you now, it's all a vast fishy conspiracy. So when are the
    >> government going to admit we'll being attacked by giant killer squid?
    >> We've seen their evil groupthink at work, slowly infiltrating local
    >> councils, subtly altering state government policies and even telling
    >> Johnny what to do! Nothing will stop GIANT KILLER SQUID from their
    >> final goal - TOTAL WORLD DOMINATION!!!

    > Exactly! Valerie, get a grip. Petrol prices are the least of our
    > worries, WHAT ABOUT THE FREAKING GIANT KILLER SQUID? LOOK BEHIND YOU!

    It's a stapler!

    No wait, wrong froup. This one is $20, Same As In Town.

    --
    TimC
    >Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function.

    You're saying cats are the opposite of bijectiveness? -- ST in RHOD

  6. rooman

    rooman New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2005
    Messages:
    1,167
    preezachary...

    spicy salt on giant killer squid, rot gut chaser and a wash down with brew..ahhhhhh

    Bring on the squid Johnnie !!! weez dareYa

  7. Random Data

    Random Data Guest

    On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 12:15:35 +0000, TimC wrote:

    > It's a stapler!

    A red swingline?
    --
    Dave Hughes | [email protected]
    The trick to flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss -

  8. ritcho

    ritcho New Member

    Joined:
    May 24, 2004
    Wow - that is biggest ever volume of words used in one place to tell us that prices fall if the demand curve shifts to the left.

    Give me a go... If you're sick of paying a fortune for petroll (sic), use less.

    Ritch

  9. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
  10. On 2006-04-19, dtmeister <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Exactly! Valerie, get a grip. Petrol prices are the least of our
    > worries, WHAT ABOUT THE FREAKING GIANT KILLER SQUID? LOOK BEHIND YOU!

    I thought that was a three headed monkey.

  11. SteveA

    SteveA New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2004
    Messages:
    1,309
    ]

    WHAT ABOUT THE PRICE OF BIKES?

    Sick of paying a fortune for bikes? There is a SIMPLE solution. Bike
    shops and bike suppliers are colluding to form a monopoly. To
    fight back, all that consumers need to do is to act as one.

    The following information holds the key to never paying more than $100
    for bikes in Australia.

    This information was published more than 6 months ago but Australian
    consumers appear to be happy to pay more than $2000 for a bike because
    nobody has bothered to spread the word.

    If you send this to 10 people and those 10 send it to 10 people and so
    on, then it will only take about a week to spread the word to every
    Australian with an email address. Then it should only take about
    another 2 to 3 weeks of everybody using their collective consumer power
    when buying bikes and we won't have to pay more than $100 for a
    bike, EVER!

    Australian consumers are being played for suckers by the bike companies
    and their good buddies - the politicians.

    --------------------snip---------------------------

    HOW CONSUMERS CONTROL THE PRICE OF BIKES

    THE SHORT ANSWER

    If people simply stopped purchasing any bikes whatsoever from a single
    leading bike company until the price drops to $100 per bike, the
    price of bikes would drop to that amount in about two to three weeks.

    This really works, it has worked in the past and will work every time.
    Whenever the price of bikes rises above $100 per bike, if
    everyone stopped buying from a single chosen leading supplier and ONLY
    started buying from them again when the price drops below $100 per
    bike - the price will stay below $100. But EVERYONE
    must do it, no exceptions. It would require people buying bikes from
    anyone except the chosen bike company.

    The only way Australian consumers could make this work is to all
    participate. This means that every Australian needs to know about
    this. To achieve this, everybody needs to spread the word to everyone
    they know. Spread the word. The sooner all Australians know how to
    use their combined purchasing power the sooner consumers will control
    the price of bikes.

    HOW IT WORKS

    For those who are sceptical or just curious, this is how it works.
    It's a simple case of economics.

    Before starting, everyone needs to know that the Australian Government
    employs economists and contracts the services of economic consultancy
    firms that will always toe the government line. So these economists
    will say that this strategy won't work because the government doesn't
    want Australian consumers to control the price of bikes. The
    government doesn't want the price of bikes to drop because when
    consumers pay $1,900 more for bikes, the government gets an extra $190
    GST for every bike sold. This means that the government
    actively supports the bike companies when they dictate the higher prices
    Australians pay for bikes. The fact remains, however, that when
    consumers use their collective purchasing power, consumers will control
    prices - this is a fundamental economic reality.

    I have been told that this information has been sent to peak cycling
    bodies and the media and they won't publish it because they get their
    kickbacks from the bike companies too.

    The government wants the price of bikes to continually increase, so
    they allow (support) the bike companies to collude.

    Everyone knows that bike companies in Australia work together to fix
    prices and the government supports it. The problem is proving it when
    the government supports it. The collusion enables the multiple bike
    companies to act as one, just like a monopoly where any price can be
    charged and the consumer will be FORCED to pay as they have NO CHOICE.
    This means that the supplier controls the price rather than normal
    market forces (supply and demand).

    The way around the situation is for consumers to break the bike company
    alliance (virtual monopoly) and force them to compete. This is easily
    achieved by getting the market leaders to compete "head to head" for
    sales. If ONE of the leading bike companies suffers a dramatic
    reduction in sales, then that company will suffer a backup in
    production and massive losses in revenue. Therefore, supply of bikes
    will be greater than the demand. The only way for the bike company to
    restore a balance to this over-supply (and loss of revenue) is to
    reduce the price to a point where demand will equal the supply. Quite
    simply, if all Australians stopped buying bikes from ONE market leader
    until the price drops to $100 before buying from that
    company, then $100 will become the market price as every
    other supplier would need to charge that amount to sell their bikes.

    In a free and competitive market, consumers set the price of goods as
    demand will lower as prices increase. When a price rises too high,
    then people will be less likely to purchase from that supplier. This
    will not occur where there is only one supplier (a monopoly) or when
    multiple suppliers act as one through collusion. Unfortunately, we all
    need bikes and the bike companies collude to form a virtual monopoly.
    In a country like Australia where we all have to travel great distances
    to get anywhere, the bike companies can exert a greater power over the
    consumer. Unlike Europe where you can ride through 3 countries in one
    day, our 1 country takes more than 3 days to cross. We all need bikes
    in Australia and lots of them. This means that through their collusion,
    the greedy bike companies are successfully exploiting Australian
    consumers.

    Now, if everyone stopped buying bikes, the price would drop. But as
    stated, we all need bikes. This leaves the consumer with only one
    alternative. Consumers must stop buying bikes from ONE (ONLY ONE) of
    the market leaders. If consumers stopped buying bikes from a minor
    player in the market, then the impact would not be great enough to
    cause a shift in the price. It would only force the minor player out
    of the market. It is, therefore, essential to stop buying bikes from
    a market leader until the price drops to $100. Once that market
    leader lowers the price to $100 then everyone can resume buying
    from that bike company. This then sets the price for all other players
    in the market. The minute they raise the price above $100 then
    EVERY consumer must immediately stop buying from that bike company until
    the price again drops to $100.

    So, from which market leader should Australians stop purchasing bikes?
    Firstly, there are only a few market leaders in Australia from which
    to choose so the alternatives are limited. The chosen market leader
    must be large enough to impact the entire market when the bike giant is
    forced to lower the price of bikes in order to have demand equal
    supply and regain revenue. Secondly, It would be wise to stop buying
    from a market leader that other big businesses relying on to attract
    consumers to their business. The big businesses that co-locate with
    bike shops include high profile retailers. By
    targeting a bike company that has big businesses co-located with their
    bike shops, the loss of customers will also impact those other
    major companies. Those big businesses will then pressure the targeted
    bike company to lower the bike prices to bring consumers back to their
    businesses. This will result in greater pressure than just reduced
    bike sales to be applied to the targeted bike company.

    Bike companies are working hard to get all Australians used to paying a
    lot more than $2000 for bikes. The government and the media
    are also working hard together telling us all to get used to paying
    more than $2000. They are all in league with the bike
    companies to break the Australian consumer's resistance to paying
    higher bike prices. Even the government's economists are continually
    telling us to get ready to pay more than $2000. Once
    consumers become used to paying that price, the bike companies and
    government will again work together to ratchet up the price even
    further. It makes you wonder if Australian consumers will ever wake up
    to what is being done to them.

    The only way to stop the bike companies from colluding and forcing
    Australian consumers to pay more than the true market value is to get
    consumers to join together. By using COLLECTIVE purchasing power,
    consumers will set the price paid for bikes.

    This is the way it should be, ask any economist. MARKET FORCES
    DETERMINE PRICE IN A "COMPETITIVE" MARKET. Suppliers can only set
    prices when a government permits a non-competitive market environment
    to exist. The mere fact that bike companies set the price in Australia
    is PROOF that natural market forces have failed through the government
    allowing bike companies to collude.

    Bike companies are are skimming an extra $1500 to $2000 off Australian
    consumers. The only reason they do this is because the Australian
    government allows it and consumers don't resist it.

    SPREAD THE WORD - EVERY AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER WILL NEED TO USE THEIR
    PURCHASING POWER IF THEY WANT TO BREAK THE BIKE COMPANIES' CONTROL
    OVER BIKE PRICES!

    ------------------snip------------------

    ALL CONSUMERS NEED DO IS PICK THE APPROPRIATE LEADING BIKE COMPANY.

  12. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963

    The bike industry has been attacked by GIANT KILLER SQUID!

  13. rooman

    rooman New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2005
    Messages:
    1,167
    substitute as follows:

    Petrol/Bikes for Policiticans

    Pay for , for Vote for

    now that's one that will probably garner some support...just think, no one votes for anyone...woohoo then there will be a nice new order and bikers take over as we have the way, the light and the bike (ding...light goes on!)

    just think, no cars & no pollies, ergo no need for oil in such a high demand, as they are mutually dependant upon each other..

  14. Kingsley

    Kingsley Guest

    On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 21:56:01 +1000, cfsmtb wrote:

    > I tell you now, it's all a vast fishy conspiracy. So when are the
    > government going to admit we'll being attacked by giant killer squid?
    > We've seen their evil groupthink at work, slowly infiltrating local
    > councils, subtly altering state government policies and even telling
    > Johnny what to do! Nothing will stop GIANT KILLER SQUID from their final
    > goal - TOTAL WORLD DOMINATION!!!

    I read/saw something the other day that said the world biomass
    of squid was already more than that of humans. So... kilo for
    kilo, we're already p'wned.

    All you base belong to GKS.

    -kt

    --