General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Convection Oven recipes

Started by Debbiegrrrl · · Last activity · 3 posts · 2,381 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
25 June 2004
Last activity
25 June 2004
Original author
Debbiegrrrl
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,381
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi everyone, I just got a Toastmaster convection oven but I
    dont have the manual for it. Does anyone have any recipes
    for a convection oven or know of a website for such? I
    searched google but mostly got sites that were selling the
    oven or rating different brands. Any help will be
    appreciated. Thanks in advance!

    Debbie

  2. In part, [email hidden] (DebbieGrrrl) inquires....

    Quoted message said:

    ...Does anyone have any recipes for a convection oven or
    know of a website for such?


    I have been using my convection oven for several years now,
    and anything that you would otherwise use a regular electric
    or gas oven for can simply be done faster in the convection.
    The difference being that the heat, in layman's terms, blows
    all around inside this oven, rather than simply rising from
    the bottom or down from the top. The only cooking changes I
    have made to using the convection are to note that 1) most
    things take about 1/3 less time; 2) cooking temps usually
    need to be lowered by about 15 degrees; 3) using any of the
    black coated metal bakeware needs baking/roasting temps
    lowered by 25 degrees; 4) the outer area of uncovered meats
    (especially) dry out quicker. Other than paying attention to
    those four things, just use your convection in the same
    manner as your "regular" oven.

    Picky ~JA~

  3. DebbieGrrrl said:

    I just got a Toastmaster convection oven but I dont have
    the manual for it. Does anyone have any recipes for a
    convection oven or know of a website for such? I searched
    google but mostly got sites that were selling the oven or
    rating different brands. Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!

    I've got one of those! They're a piece of junk. May be
    useful for deciding whether you have any use for a
    convection oven before paying real money to get a good one.
    (Toastmaster is about $50 cheaper than the next-cheapest
    convection oven.) If the fan in yours doesn't make a
    vibrating/howling sound yet, your unit hasn't been used
    much. I've found that heating up the oven before going into
    a fan mode sometimes avoids the problem.

    By the way, the brushed-metal surface is uncleanable, unless
    perhaps you get one of those metal brush attachments that
    fits on the end of a drill, so you can refinish it. If you
    like to keep your kitchen appliances looking good, don't
    spill anything (like water) on the brushed metal surface of
    this device.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.