Conversion of ordinary drop bar to dirt drop?

Lawrence Fieman

Guest
How could I bend out the ends of an aluminum drop bar, so that it takes on the shape of a dirt drop?
I'm wondering if this is: 1) easily possible, 2) poses any safety risk, 3) worth the trouble.

Thanks, Larry

"Lawrence Fieman" <[email protected]> wrote in news:SM68a.306928$be.276983 @rwcrnsc53:

> How could I bend out the ends of an aluminum drop bar, so that it takes on the shape of a dirt
> drop? I'm wondering if this is: 1) easily possible, 2) poses any safety risk, 3) worth the
> trouble.

Aluminum is not a flexible metal. Even if you could bend the bars without breaking them, they
wouldn't be very safe afterwards.

Nope, just buy what you want. The aluminum will crack long before you get where you want it.

Cheers,

Scott..
--
Scott Anderson

"Lawrence Fieman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:SM68a.306928$be.276983@rwcrnsc53...
> How could I bend out the ends of an aluminum drop bar, so that it takes on the shape of a dirt
> drop? I'm wondering if this is: 1) easily possible,
2)
> poses any safety risk, 3) worth the trouble.
>
> Thanks, Larry

"Lawrence Fieman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:SM68a.306928$be.276983@rwcrnsc53...
> How could I bend out the ends of an aluminum drop bar, so that it takes on the shape of a dirt
> drop? I'm wondering if this is: 1) easily possible,
2)
> poses any safety risk, 3) worth the trouble.

Don't. It is unsafe and likely to result in a cracked bar at some random point later if not
sooner. (It is a felony in most states to bend or weld a motorcycle handlebar and for good reason.
No kidding)

"(It is a felony in most states to bend or weld a motorcycle handlebar and
> for good reason. No kidding)

Darn, That puts an end to the chain-link (motorcycle) handlebars of my youth.

Best Regards, Larry