Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Convert Mavic Cosmic from 8sp Shimano to Fixed?

Started by domestique · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,335 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
28 February 2005
Last activity
3 March 2005
Original author
domestique
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,335
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've got a set of the original Cosmics with the 8sp Shimano cassete hub. Does anyone know if this can be converted to a fixed wheel hub? Mavic made track versions of these wheels back in the mid-90's so that could be one route, but they are very hard to find. Can they be sent to Mavic to be rebuilt into a fixed gear?

    I thought the Sub 11 fixed cassette adaptor might work, but I wasn't sure if the wheel could/needs to be redished. I plan on using it on a road frame, so 130mm spacing would be fine, but it would be nice to know if I could be respaced to a 120mm wheel as well.

    Any help or thoughts would be great! These things are collecting dust in my garage and I don't know what else to do with them...

  2. Nobody knows?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.