Convert Tacx Ergotrainer files to polar hrm files?

DevilMan

Oct 23, 2002
I ordered a Tacx Grand Excel Ergotrainer for doing some training when winter comes..

I also have a Polar S720i HRM, and use the software extensivly.

Although the Tacx trainer does have its own software package with graphs for heartrate, cadance, speed and power output it would be nice to incorporate the training information in the Polar software..

Is there some way to convert the Tacx data files to a .hrm file, or some other way to 'import' the information in the Polar software?

This would probably require a custom conversion program. Even if the raw data is in a standard format such as a text or database file format, odds are they don't both use the exact same file format. You could try making a copy of one of the files and opening the copy with Notepad to see what it looks like.

Well, the weather today was bad enough to have a ride on the trainer for the very first time ;-)

I transfered the training data from the tacx trainer to my PC, and with some cutting and pasting i was able to create a .hrm graph from the information of the tacx trainer.

But for some reason i can't get the power data to show up.

Can anybody send me a sample .hrm with all the stuff (heartrate, speed, cadance and power) in it so i can have a look at the format of the file?

I have a copy of PC coach light that came with my 510 but cant find any hrm files, were are they normally located ?