Converting 7200FX to Mountain Bike

Topsi1208

May 6, 2006
I've decided I need to go ahead & invest in a true Road bike for my group rides but would like to upgrade my Trek 7200 FX to a mountain bike for my off-road jaunts. Is this possible? Or should I just invest in a true mountain bike? I've taken my Trek off road but it can't handle some of the more technical trails. I want to be able to tackle any mountain trail. :rolleyes:

Just to clarify, I would replace the front forks with suspension forks & maybe put on some knobbier, bigger tires.

Topsi1208 said:
I've decided I need to go ahead & invest in a true Road bike for my group rides but would like to upgrade my Trek 7200 FX to a mountain bike for my off-road jaunts. Is this possible? Or should I just invest in a true mountain bike? I've taken my Trek off road but it can't handle some of the more technical trails. I want to be able to tackle any mountain trail. :rolleyes:

You may find it more comfortable off road on a dedicated mountain bike, lower frame and smaller wheels. The FX should sell for a good price. :)