Converting to tubeless

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by tonymarch64, Jun 18, 2019.

1. tonymarch64

tonymarch64 New Member

I just bought a Trek Procaliber 6 with Bontrager Kovee 28-hole Tubeless Ready rims and Bontrager XR2 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready tires. What do I need to do to convert these wheels to tubeless? I have a pair of Stan's tubeless valves from an old road wheelset that I converted back to tubes (don't ask!) and sealant. Do I need rim strips? Not sure what else would be required. Thanks in advance.

Tags:

2. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

If they’re tubeless ready rims I would think that they don’t need converting because they are “tubeless ready.”

Install the valve, the hoop, the tire and inflate I guess. Personally, I still prefer inner tubes and regular clinchers but good luck with the wheels.

steve likes this.
  3. dabac

dabac Well-Known Member

Well, you need the valves.
    Rim strips or not is really anybody's guess, unless one happens to have previous experience of that particular rim/tire combo.
    Some rim/tire combinations are a sufficiently loose fit between the tire bead and inner diameter of rim make it difficult to seat (even tubeless) tires w/o a rim strip. Then you either need to add a rim strip or faff about with more efficient way of getting the tire seated.

4. robert burkart

Printer offline is massive problem these days. As most of the systems are on windows 10, we face difficulties in fixing the printer offline error. When we really need to print out some important documents, we feel helpless because of such issue. To resolve this error instantly call our customer support executives.

#4 robert burkart, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2019
  5. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

What the fuck? Why would they be stupid enough to hire such a stupid cunt like you?

6. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

I can think of places to use a bottle of tubeless sealant on him...