Converting to tubeless

tonymarch64

Jun 18, 2019
I just bought a Trek Procaliber 6 with Bontrager Kovee 28-hole Tubeless Ready rims and Bontrager XR2 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready tires. What do I need to do to convert these wheels to tubeless? I have a pair of Stan's tubeless valves from an old road wheelset that I converted back to tubes (don't ask!) and sealant. Do I need rim strips? Not sure what else would be required. Thanks in advance.

If they’re tubeless ready rims I would think that they don’t need converting because they are “tubeless ready.”

Install the valve, the hoop, the tire and inflate I guess. Personally, I still prefer inner tubes and regular clinchers but good luck with the wheels.

Reactions: steve
Well, you need the valves.
Rim strips or not is really anybody's guess, unless one happens to have previous experience of that particular rim/tire combo.
Some rim/tire combinations are a sufficiently loose fit between the tire bead and inner diameter of rim make it difficult to seat (even tubeless) tires w/o a rim strip. Then you either need to add a rim strip or faff about with more efficient way of getting the tire seated.

Printer offline is massive problem these days. As most of the systems are on windows 10, we face difficulties in fixing the printer offline error. When we really need to print out some important documents, we feel helpless because of such issue. To resolve this error instantly call our customer support executives.

Last edited by a moderator:
Printer offline is massive problem these days. As most of the systems are on windows 10, we face difficulties in fixing the printer offline error. When we really need to print out some important documents, we feel helpless because of such issue. To resolve this error instantly call our customer support executives.

What the ****? Why would they be stupid enough to hire such a stupid **** like you?