Cook ... cook ... cook ... post ... cook

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Bob Terwilliger, Nov 24, 2005.

  1. I'm taking a break from cooking to dash off this quick note. Here's what
    I'm making:

    Deviled Eggs
    Parmesan Crisps

    Creamy Chestnut-Arugula Soup

    Hot Melon Salad on Field Greens

    Goose Breast with Blackberry Sauce
    Thyme Popovers

    Green Beans with Butter, Lemon, and Bacon
    Parsnip-Potato Purée

    Spicy Sweet-Potato Pie (contains habañero peppers)
    Pandora's Black Pear Tart with Gran Marnier Zabaglione
    Trio of Ice Creams: Vanilla, Maple, and Butter-Pecan
    Whipped Cream

    I'm done with the desserts, the pre-meal munchies, the green beans, and the
    soup. (I particularly like the soup. It's lucky to have survived the
    night.) The field greens are ready to go, but the melon part of the salad
    is a stir-fry, so I'm not going to make it until just before it's time to
    eat. The popovers likewise should be eaten almost as soon as they come out
    of the oven, and the potato-parsnip purée gets kind of waxy if you make it
    too far ahead. The goose will only need another twenty minutes or so, and
    that will be on the stovetop (and it's too early to do that). Thus, I have
    time to write this message and tell you all that it's great to be me! :-þ

    Bob

    Tags:

  2. Teri

    Teri Guest

    "Bob Terwilliger" <[email protected]_spammer.biz> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I'm taking a break from cooking to dash off this quick note. Here's what
    > I'm making:
    >
    > Deviled Eggs
    > Parmesan Crisps

    [snip yummy food]

    What's a parmesan crisp? it *sounds* good.
    Teri

  3. On Thu 24 Nov 2005 03:14:01p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Bob
    Terwilliger?

    > I'm taking a break from cooking to dash off this quick note. Here's
    > what I'm making:
    >
    > Deviled Eggs
    > Parmesan Crisps
    >
    > Creamy Chestnut-Arugula Soup
    >
    > Hot Melon Salad on Field Greens
    >
    > Goose Breast with Blackberry Sauce
    > Thyme Popovers
    >
    > Green Beans with Butter, Lemon, and Bacon
    > Parsnip-Potato Purée
    >
    > Spicy Sweet-Potato Pie (contains habañero peppers)
    > Pandora's Black Pear Tart with Gran Marnier Zabaglione
    > Trio of Ice Creams: Vanilla, Maple, and Butter-Pecan
    > Whipped Cream
    >

    > I'm done with the desserts, the pre-meal munchies, the green beans, and
    > the soup. (I particularly like the soup. It's lucky to have survived
    > the night.) The field greens are ready to go, but the melon part of the
    > salad is a stir-fry, so I'm not going to make it until just before it's
    > time to eat. The popovers likewise should be eaten almost as soon as
    > they come out of the oven, and the potato-parsnip purée gets kind of
    > waxy if you make it too far ahead. The goose will only need another
    > twenty minutes or so, and that will be on the stovetop (and it's too
    > early to do that). Thus, I have time to write this message and tell you
    > all that it's great to be me! :-þ

    Everything sounds good, but the goose breast with blackberry sauce sounds
    fantastic!

    Enjoy!

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

  4. Bronwyn

    Bronwyn Guest

    What is the Hot Melon Salad? Sounds interesting!

    By the by, I must say as an Aussie, I can't believe the effort that
    goes into all your TG dinners - yes I know you all love cooking,
    but.... the number of dishes... You and your gastronome guests are very
    fortunate.
    Our Christmas dinners are not that impressive (the only festive dinner
    for the year) (other than ones I cook every night, hehehe!)
    Who will put their hand up to invite me and DH to TG next year? This
    is *almost* a serious question, we would love to be part of someone's
    TG. I have spent 3 x Xmas in the US before I was married - Niagara
    (ok, the Canuk side), Co Fairfax Va x 2 - with friends.

    I just love reading everyone's posts at this time of the year.
    Cheers
    Bronwyn

  5. A.C.

    A.C. Guest

    Teri wrote:

    > What's a parmesan crisp? it *sounds* good.
    > Teri

    the ones i'm thinking of are just a blob of shredded parmesan cheese on a silpat
    or parchment paper then baked off until they kinda melt and become crispy.
    they're very tasty! if you get to them while they're still warm, you can mold
    them into different shapes. very cool in my opinion

  6. "Bob Terwilliger" <[email protected]_spammer.biz> looking for trouble
    wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > I'm taking a break from cooking to dash off this quick note. Here's
    > what I'm making:
    >
    > Deviled Eggs
    > Parmesan Crisps
    >
    > Creamy Chestnut-Arugula Soup
    >
    > Hot Melon Salad on Field Greens
    >
    > Goose Breast with Blackberry Sauce
    > Thyme Popovers
    >
    > Green Beans with Butter, Lemon, and Bacon
    > Parsnip-Potato Purée
    >
    > Spicy Sweet-Potato Pie (contains habañero peppers)
    > Pandora's Black Pear Tart with Gran Marnier Zabaglione
    > Trio of Ice Creams: Vanilla, Maple, and Butter-Pecan
    > Whipped Cream
    >

    > I'm done with the desserts, the pre-meal munchies, the green beans,
    > and the soup. (I particularly like the soup. It's lucky to have
    > survived the night.) The field greens are ready to go, but the melon
    > part of the salad is a stir-fry, so I'm not going to make it until
    > just before it's time to eat. The popovers likewise should be eaten
    > almost as soon as they come out of the oven, and the potato-parsnip
    > purée gets kind of waxy if you make it too far ahead. The goose will
    > only need another twenty minutes or so, and that will be on the
    > stovetop (and it's too early to do that). Thus, I have time to write
    > this message and tell you all that it's great to be me! :-þ
    >
    > Bob

    That soup sounds like was fantastic. Your whole menu sounds great. I'm not
    a big goose fan. I made one a long time ago and it was, well, terrible. I
    may have to do a duck for Xmas at mother's. She can't cook, not that I
    can. Mom is having the usual standing rib roast and I assume all the sides.
    I'm taking the fixings for my cranberry relish which no one eats. I think a
    fat mallard will suit. Just might have to find one on my travels over the
    month. I'll probably be too sore to cook by then ;) I'll be spending most
    of the month at a friend's house. She has a big horse farm. I'll either
    get kicked, bitten or fall. All three might happen. I am really looking
    forward to it ;) Oh, I'll still be posting the whole time. My headers may
    look differently but it'll still be me. I can just see the RFC eyes
    rolling LOL

    Michael

    --
    ....Bacteria: The rear entrance to a cafeteria.

    All gramatical errors and misspellings due to Ramsey the cyber kitten. He
    now owns all keyboards and computing devices in the household and has the
    final say on what is, or is not, posted.
    Send email to dog30 at charter dot net

  7. Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > On Thu 24 Nov 2005 03:14:01p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Bob
    > Terwilliger?
    >
    >> I'm taking a break from cooking to dash off this quick note. Here's
    >> what I'm making:
    >>
    >> Deviled Eggs
    >> Parmesan Crisps
    >>
    >> Creamy Chestnut-Arugula Soup
    >>
    >> Hot Melon Salad on Field Greens
    >>
    >> Goose Breast with Blackberry Sauce
    >> Thyme Popovers
    >>
    >> Green Beans with Butter, Lemon, and Bacon
    >> Parsnip-Potato Purée
    >>
    >> Spicy Sweet-Potato Pie (contains habañero peppers)
    >> Pandora's Black Pear Tart with Gran Marnier Zabaglione
    >> Trio of Ice Creams: Vanilla, Maple, and Butter-Pecan
    >> Whipped Cream
    >>

    >> I'm done with the desserts, the pre-meal munchies, the green beans,
    >> and the soup. (I particularly like the soup. It's lucky to have
    >> survived the night.) The field greens are ready to go, but the melon
    >> part of the salad is a stir-fry, so I'm not going to make it until
    >> just before it's time to eat. The popovers likewise should be eaten
    >> almost as soon as they come out of the oven, and the potato-parsnip
    >> purée gets kind of waxy if you make it too far ahead. The goose will
    >> only need another twenty minutes or so, and that will be on the
    >> stovetop (and it's too early to do that). Thus, I have time to write
    >> this message and tell you all that it's great to be me! :-þ

    > Everything sounds good, but the goose breast with blackberry sauce
    > sounds fantastic!
    >
    > Enjoy!

    I've never done just the breast. Have you? I wonder if it's less greasy
    than the whole goose.

    Michael

    --
    ....Bacteria: The rear entrance to a cafeteria.

    All gramatical errors and misspellings due to Ramsey the cyber kitten. He
    now owns all keyboards and computing devices in the household and has the
    final say on what is, or is not, posted.
    Send email to dog30 at charter dot net

  8. On Fri 25 Nov 2005 09:40:33a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Michael
    "Dog3" Lonergan?

    > Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    >> On Thu 24 Nov 2005 03:14:01p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Bob
    >> Terwilliger?
    >>
    >>> I'm taking a break from cooking to dash off this quick note. Here's
    >>> what I'm making:
    >>>
    >>> Deviled Eggs
    >>> Parmesan Crisps
    >>>
    >>> Creamy Chestnut-Arugula Soup
    >>>
    >>> Hot Melon Salad on Field Greens
    >>>
    >>> Goose Breast with Blackberry Sauce
    >>> Thyme Popovers
    >>>
    >>> Green Beans with Butter, Lemon, and Bacon
    >>> Parsnip-Potato Purée
    >>>
    >>> Spicy Sweet-Potato Pie (contains habañero peppers)
    >>> Pandora's Black Pear Tart with Gran Marnier Zabaglione
    >>> Trio of Ice Creams: Vanilla, Maple, and Butter-Pecan
    >>> Whipped Cream
    >>>

    >>> I'm done with the desserts, the pre-meal munchies, the green beans,
    >>> and the soup. (I particularly like the soup. It's lucky to have
    >>> survived the night.) The field greens are ready to go, but the melon
    >>> part of the salad is a stir-fry, so I'm not going to make it until
    >>> just before it's time to eat. The popovers likewise should be eaten
    >>> almost as soon as they come out of the oven, and the potato-parsnip
    >>> purée gets kind of waxy if you make it too far ahead. The goose will
    >>> only need another twenty minutes or so, and that will be on the
    >>> stovetop (and it's too early to do that). Thus, I have time to write
    >>> this message and tell you all that it's great to be me! :-þ

    >> Everything sounds good, but the goose breast with blackberry sauce
    >> sounds fantastic!
    >>
    >> Enjoy!
    >>

    > I've never done just the breast. Have you? I wonder if it's less greasy
    > than the whole goose.

    No, I haven't. I often do just a turkey breast, though, and it's far less
    greasy than the whole turkey. Goose, in general, is greasier.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

  9. "A.C." <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Teri wrote:
    >
    >> What's a parmesan crisp? it *sounds* good.
    >> Teri

    > the ones i'm thinking of are just a blob of shredded parmesan cheese
    > on a silpat or parchment paper then baked off until they kinda melt
    > and become crispy. they're very tasty! if you get to them while
    > they're still warm, you can mold them into different shapes. very cool
    > in my opinion

    I have made these and I'm thinking Bob is talking the same thing. They are
    soooo easy to make and so good. You just shred the cheese (I have to add
    some onion but it's a personal thang ;), and dump it into flattish clumps
    on the pan. Bake 'em at like 350 until they look like you like them. I
    like mine totally crisp but that's just me.

    Michael

    --
    ....Bacteria: The rear entrance to a cafeteria.

    All gramatical errors and misspellings due to Ramsey the cyber kitten. He
    now owns all keyboards and computing devices in the household and has the
    final say on what is, or is not, posted.
    Send email to dog30 at charter dot net

  10. S'mee

    S'mee Guest

    One time on Usenet, "Bob Terwilliger" <[email protected]_spammer.biz> said:

    <snip amazing menu>

    > Goose Breast with Blackberry Sauce

    This sounds wonderful, and reminded me of a question I've got for
    RFCers: I have some raspberry jam I want to use up and thought about
    making a sauce for chicken. Beef marinades are pretty easy -- good
    vinegar, oil, aromatics (onion, lemon, etc.), and seasoning. But IIRC,
    vinegar isn't a good idea for chicken. Or am I thinking of something
    else? What would you do to turn regular jam into a nice sauce?

    --
    Jani in WA (S'mee)
    ~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~

  11. kilikini

    kilikini Guest

    "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Bob Terwilliger" <[email protected]_spammer.biz> looking for trouble
    > wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > I'm taking a break from cooking to dash off this quick note. Here's
    > > what I'm making:
    > >
    > > Deviled Eggs
    > > Parmesan Crisps
    > >
    > > Creamy Chestnut-Arugula Soup
    > >
    > > Hot Melon Salad on Field Greens
    > >
    > > Goose Breast with Blackberry Sauce
    > > Thyme Popovers
    > >
    > > Green Beans with Butter, Lemon, and Bacon
    > > Parsnip-Potato Purée
    > >
    > > Spicy Sweet-Potato Pie (contains habañero peppers)
    > > Pandora's Black Pear Tart with Gran Marnier Zabaglione
    > > Trio of Ice Creams: Vanilla, Maple, and Butter-Pecan
    > > Whipped Cream
    > >

    > > I'm done with the desserts, the pre-meal munchies, the green beans,
    > > and the soup. (I particularly like the soup. It's lucky to have
    > > survived the night.) The field greens are ready to go, but the melon
    > > part of the salad is a stir-fry, so I'm not going to make it until
    > > just before it's time to eat. The popovers likewise should be eaten
    > > almost as soon as they come out of the oven, and the potato-parsnip
    > > purée gets kind of waxy if you make it too far ahead. The goose will
    > > only need another twenty minutes or so, and that will be on the
    > > stovetop (and it's too early to do that). Thus, I have time to write
    > > this message and tell you all that it's great to be me! :-þ
    > >
    > > Bob

    > That soup sounds like was fantastic. Your whole menu sounds great. I'm

    not
    > a big goose fan. I made one a long time ago and it was, well, terrible. I
    > may have to do a duck for Xmas at mother's. She can't cook, not that I
    > can. Mom is having the usual standing rib roast and I assume all the

    sides.
    > I'm taking the fixings for my cranberry relish which no one eats. I think

    > fat mallard will suit. Just might have to find one on my travels over the
    > month. I'll probably be too sore to cook by then ;) I'll be spending

    most
    > of the month at a friend's house. She has a big horse farm. I'll either
    > get kicked, bitten or fall. All three might happen. I am really looking
    > forward to it ;) Oh, I'll still be posting the whole time. My headers may
    > look differently but it'll still be me. I can just see the RFC eyes
    > rolling LOL
    >
    > Michael
    >
    > --

    You disappeared for about 6 weeks during the summer to the horse farm,
    didn't you? I rememer that!

    kili

  12. The Bubbo

    The Bubbo Guest

    S'mee wrote:
    > One time on Usenet, "Bob Terwilliger" <[email protected]_spammer.biz> said:
    >
    > <snip amazing menu>
    >
    >> Goose Breast with Blackberry Sauce

    > This sounds wonderful, and reminded me of a question I've got for
    > RFCers: I have some raspberry jam I want to use up and thought about
    > making a sauce for chicken. Beef marinades are pretty easy -- good
    > vinegar, oil, aromatics (onion, lemon, etc.), and seasoning. But IIRC,
    > vinegar isn't a good idea for chicken. Or am I thinking of something
    > else? What would you do to turn regular jam into a nice sauce?

    I've done raspberry jam with lime juice and chili powder for a quick sauce for
    both chicken and pork. I just add lime juice to the jam until it becomes thin
    enough and add chili powder to taste. I use Penzey's chili con carne because
    it has good flavor with no heat and I can add and adjust the heat with
    cayenne.

    --
    ..:Heather:.
    www.velvet-c.com

  13. "kilikini" <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> "Bob Terwilliger" <[email protected]_spammer.biz> looking for trouble
    >> wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >>
    >> > I'm taking a break from cooking to dash off this quick note.
    >> > Here's what I'm making:
    >> >
    >> > Deviled Eggs
    >> > Parmesan Crisps
    >> >
    >> > Creamy Chestnut-Arugula Soup
    >> >
    >> > Hot Melon Salad on Field Greens
    >> >
    >> > Goose Breast with Blackberry Sauce
    >> > Thyme Popovers
    >> >
    >> > Green Beans with Butter, Lemon, and Bacon
    >> > Parsnip-Potato Purée
    >> >
    >> > Spicy Sweet-Potato Pie (contains habañero peppers)
    >> > Pandora's Black Pear Tart with Gran Marnier Zabaglione
    >> > Trio of Ice Creams: Vanilla, Maple, and Butter-Pecan
    >> > Whipped Cream
    >> >

    >> > I'm done with the desserts, the pre-meal munchies, the green beans,
    >> > and the soup. (I particularly like the soup. It's lucky to have
    >> > survived the night.) The field greens are ready to go, but the
    >> > melon part of the salad is a stir-fry, so I'm not going to make it
    >> > until just before it's time to eat. The popovers likewise should be
    >> > eaten almost as soon as they come out of the oven, and the
    >> > potato-parsnip purée gets kind of waxy if you make it too far
    >> > ahead. The goose will only need another twenty minutes or so, and
    >> > that will be on the stovetop (and it's too early to do that).
    >> > Thus, I have time to write this message and tell you all that it's
    >> > great to be me! :-þ
    >> >
    >> > Bob

    >> That soup sounds like was fantastic. Your whole menu sounds great.
    >> I'm

    > not
    >> a big goose fan. I made one a long time ago and it was, well,
    >> terrible. I may have to do a duck for Xmas at mother's. She can't
    >> cook, not that I can. Mom is having the usual standing rib roast and
    >> I assume all the

    > sides.
    >> I'm taking the fixings for my cranberry relish which no one eats. I
    >> think

    >> fat mallard will suit. Just might have to find one on my travels
    >> over the month. I'll probably be too sore to cook by then ;) I'll
    >> be spending

    > most
    >> of the month at a friend's house. She has a big horse farm. I'll
    >> either get kicked, bitten or fall. All three might happen. I am
    >> really looking forward to it ;) Oh, I'll still be posting the whole
    >> time. My headers may look differently but it'll still be me. I can
    >> just see the RFC eyes rolling LOL
    >>
    >> Michael
    >>
    >> --

    > You disappeared for about 6 weeks during the summer to the horse farm,
    > didn't you? I rememer that!
    >
    > kili

    Actually the total time was not at the farm. Email me for more info.

    Michael

    --
    ....Bacteria: The rear entrance to a cafeteria.

    All gramatical errors and misspellings due to Ramsey the cyber kitten. He
    now owns all keyboards and computing devices in the household and has the
    final say on what is, or is not, posted.
    Send email to dog30 at charter dot net

  14. S'mee

    S'mee Guest

    One time on Usenet, The Bubbo <[email protected]> said:
    > S'mee wrote:
    > > One time on Usenet, "Bob Terwilliger" <[email protected]_spammer.biz> said:
    > >
    > > <snip amazing menu>
    > >
    > >> Goose Breast with Blackberry Sauce

    > > This sounds wonderful, and reminded me of a question I've got for
    > > RFCers: I have some raspberry jam I want to use up and thought about
    > > making a sauce for chicken. Beef marinades are pretty easy -- good
    > > vinegar, oil, aromatics (onion, lemon, etc.), and seasoning. But IIRC,
    > > vinegar isn't a good idea for chicken. Or am I thinking of something
    > > else? What would you do to turn regular jam into a nice sauce?

    > I've done raspberry jam with lime juice and chili powder for a quick sauce for
    > both chicken and pork. I just add lime juice to the jam until it becomes thin
    > enough and add chili powder to taste. I use Penzey's chili con carne because
    > it has good flavor with no heat and I can add and adjust the heat with
    > cayenne.

    That sounds really good, thanks!

    --
    Jani in WA (S'mee)
    ~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~

  15. Michael wrote:

    > I've never done just the breast. Have you? I wonder if it's less greasy
    > than the whole goose.

    The recipe calls for you to pull off all the fat and just cook the breast
    muscles. It's dark meat but definitely not greasy. The legs are used in a
    different recipe and the rest of the goose (sans skin) is used to make
    stock. I'm going to render the goose fat out of the skin so I'll have it on
    hand for cooking potatoes or for confit.

    Bob

  16. Teri wrote:

    > What's a parmesan crisp? it *sounds* good.

    It's also simple: Shred Parmesan cheese. Put a Silpat into a sheet pan. Put
    mounds of the cheese onto the Silpat and bake at 375°F until the mounds
    flatten out and the edges start to brown. Remove from the oven and allow to
    cool slightly. (If you like, you can shape them while they're still warm.)
    Store between paper towels in an airtight container.

    Bob

  17. Bronwyn wrote:

    > What is the Hot Melon Salad? Sounds interesting!

    I got the recipe off FoodTV.com; it's from "Good Eats." Here it is, but I
    have to say that it wasn't my favorite part of the meal:

    Good Eats Hot Melon Salad

    1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 small red onion, sliced into thin rounds
    16 ounces medium-diced melon, approximately 2 cups
    1 tablespoon fresh basil, cut into chiffonade
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
    2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
    1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted

    Heat a large saute pan or wok over high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the
    olive oil, followed by the onion, and saute for 1 to 2 minutes, moving the
    pan continually. Add the melon and saute for another 1 to 2 minutes or until
    the melon starts to take on color. Add the basil, salt, and pepper and
    continue to cook for another minute. Add the vinegar to the pan and toss to
    combine. Pour mixture onto a serving platter, sprinkle with the cheese and
    pine nuts, and serve immediately.

    Bob

  18. "Bob Terwilliger" <[email protected]_spammer.biz> looking for trouble
    wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > Michael wrote:
    >
    >> I've never done just the breast. Have you? I wonder if it's less
    >> greasy than the whole goose.

    > The recipe calls for you to pull off all the fat and just cook the
    > breast muscles. It's dark meat but definitely not greasy. The legs
    > are used in a different recipe and the rest of the goose (sans skin)
    > is used to make stock. I'm going to render the goose fat out of the
    > skin so I'll have it on hand for cooking potatoes or for confit.
    >
    > Bob

    If you get time, can you post the recipe or send it to me. I would really
    like to have it. I don't think I have ever done a good goose. Thanks.

    Michael

    --
    ....Bacteria: The rear entrance to a cafeteria.

    All gramatical errors and misspellings due to Ramsey the cyber kitten. He
    now owns all keyboards and computing devices in the household and has the
    final say on what is, or is not, posted.
    Send email to dog30 at charter dot net

  19. serene

    serene Guest

    Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:

    [parmesan crisps]

    > I have made these and I'm thinking Bob is talking the same thing. They are
    > soooo easy to make and so good. You just shred the cheese (I have to add
    > some onion but it's a personal thang ;), and dump it into flattish clumps
    > on the pan. Bake 'em at like 350 until they look like you like them. I
    > like mine totally crisp but that's just me.

    These sounded so interesting that I did a google images search on them,
    and the first link was to semihomemade.com. I laughed.

    serene

  20. Dean G.

    Dean G. Guest

    Sounds delicious.

    We had :

    cheese tray (fontina, havarti, creamed asiago, and ementhaler) with
    summer sausage and crackers

    parmesan, crab, and artichoke dip

    waldorf salad

    rib roast with roasted veggies

    turkey with apple and chestnut stuffing

    glazed carrots

    mashed potatoes

    gravy from neck and gibblet stock

    parslied mashed potatoes

    green bean casserole

    fried succotash

    cranberry sauce

    black forest cake

    pumpkin pie

    Started cooking early Wednesday evening, and just finished on time for
    dinner Thursday.

    Dean G.