Cookie glaze ?

Knit Chic

Guest
Thanks to Barb giving me a super rec. for cut out cookies, I just finished
up my 15th dozen.
They have not been frosted or glazed yet ... I'm looking for a good pourable
glaze that does not take powdered sugar (I don't have any and can't get to
the store)
Anyone have one?
thanks,

Do you have any chocolate? You could make a ganache. Martha Stewart has
one on her website that I used in December to glaze a cake that worked out
wonderfully.

Lynne

news:[email protected]...

Knit Chic wrote:
" I'm looking for a good pourable
glaze that does not take powdered sugar (I don't have any and can't get
the store) "
==================
Regular sugar can be whizzed in a food processor. The result is much
like powdered sugar. You might try a small amount and see if it works.
Good luck, Nancree

In article <[email protected]>,
"Knit Chic" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Thanks to Barb giving me a super rec. for cut out cookies, I just finished
> up my 15th dozen.
> They have not been frosted or glazed yet ... I'm looking for a good pourable
> glaze that does not take powdered sugar (I don't have any and can't get to
> the store)
> Anyone have one?
> thanks,

Can you pulverize the hell out of granulated sugar in a food processor?
Have you got a fp? I wanna see what turns up here that doesn't have
powdered sugar in it.

* Exported from MasterCook Mac *

Shiny Cookie Glaze

Recipe By : Posted to rec.food.cooking by Barb Schaller, 12-14-05
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cookies

2 cups powdered sugar
4 tsp. milk
4 tsp. corn syrup

Mix.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTES : Source: Can¹t remember. 1991 or 1992. Maybe from Maid of
Scandinavia.

___

When I decorated cookies with precision and sophisticated artistry (I
made that up) there was something called Flow Icing. Just Royal Icing
thinned to a pourable state - thickish pourable. But it's still got
powdered sugar in it. To do the color flow (that's what the technique
was called) stuff , pipe the outline of the cookie with the regular
royal icing (egg white and powdered sugar and flavoring), then thin some
out and pipe it - or spoon on carefully - in the middle so it flows onto
the surface of the cookie. Let it dry before getting fancy. Or
sprinkle your sprinkles on while it's wet. Due to its absorbing
moisture from the cookie, this stuff isn't as rock hard as a decoration
made with it would be. But you still need powdered sugar.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 12-13-05 - RIP, Gerri

Barb replied:

>> I'm looking for a good pourable glaze that does not take powdered sugar
>> (I don't have any and can't get to the store)
>> Anyone have one?
>> thanks,

> Can you pulverize the hell out of granulated sugar in a food processor?
> Have you got a fp? I wanna see what turns up here that doesn't have
> powdered sugar in it.
>

> * Exported from MasterCook Mac *
>
> Shiny Cookie Glaze
>
> Recipe By : Posted to rec.food.cooking by Barb Schaller, 12-14-05
> Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
> Categories : Cookies

> 2 cups powdered sugar
> 4 tsp. milk
> 4 tsp. corn syrup
>

> Mix.

When you pulverize sugar in a food processor, what you get is technically
"superfine" sugar rather than powdered sugar. What is sold as powdered sugar
is actually a mixture of sugar and cornstarch. If I didn't have any
powdered sugar and I was trying to make the glaze given in the recipe above,
I'd put two teaspoons of cornstarch in a measuring cup and then fill with
granulated sugar to the two-cup mark. Then I'd pulverize that in a food
processor. MAYBE it would work.

Bob

"Knit Chic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Thanks to Barb giving me a super rec. for cut out cookies, I just finished up
> my 15th dozen.
> They have not been frosted or glazed yet ... I'm looking for a good pourable
> glaze that does not take powdered sugar (I don't have any and can't get to
> the store)
> Anyone have one?
> thanks,

Powdered sugar1 1/3 cup =Combine 1 c granulated sugar + 1 T cornstarch in
blender and process til powdery

Dimitri