cooking a turkey

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Leah1314, Mar 2, 2004.

  1. Leah1314

    Leah1314 Guest

    crock pot cooking a turkey

    I'm new, so don't know if I do things this way or not, but here goes. I'm trying to cook a small (2
    lbs) turkey in a Crock pot and how to go about it. I can not find a recipe anywhere or I'm not
    looking in the right cook books that my mother has.

    Tags:

  2. "leah1314" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > crock pot cooking a turkey
    >
    > I'm new, so don't know if I do things this way or not, but here goes. I'm trying to cook a small
    > (2 lbs) turkey in a Crock pot and how to go about it. I can not find a recipe anywhere or I'm not
    > looking in the right cook books that my mother has.

    Where in the hell do you find a two pound turkey? Did it have anorexia?

  3. Katra

    Katra Guest

    In article <[email protected]le.com>,
    [email protected] (leah1314) wrote:

    > crock pot cooking a turkey
    >
    > I'm new, so don't know if I do things this way or not, but here goes. I'm trying to cook a small
    > (2 lbs) turkey in a Crock pot and how to go about it. I can not find a recipe anywhere or I'm not
    > looking in the right cook books that my mother has.

    2 lb turkey???

    I'd look up recipes for roaster chickens. ;-)

    Never seen a turkey that small!<G>

    Welcome!

    Kat

    --
    Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

    >,,<Cat's Haven Hobby Farm>,,<Katra at centurytel dot net>,,<

  4. Kswck

    Kswck Guest

    "leah1314" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > crock pot cooking a turkey
    >
    > I'm new, so don't know if I do things this way or not, but here goes. I'm trying to cook a small
    > (2 lbs) turkey in a Crock pot and how to go about it. I can not find a recipe anywhere or I'm not
    > looking in the right cook books that my mother has.

    Sure that is not a turkey breast or one of those Butterball things that is merely a bunch of
    assorted turkey meat held together in a net?

  5. EskWIRED

    EskWIRED Guest

    In rec.food.cooking, leah1314 <[email protected]> wrote:
    > crock pot cooking a turkey

    > I'm trying to cook a small (2 lbs) turkey

    I didn't know that they came that small. That would be small even for a chicken.

    Is there an advantage to getting a turkey in that size? I think chicken is bettter tasting
    and juicier.

    --
    ...I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...

    - The Who

  6. Jmcquown

    Jmcquown Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > In rec.food.cooking, leah1314 <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> crock pot cooking a turkey
    >
    >> I'm trying to cook a small (2 lbs) turkey
    >
    > I didn't know that they came that small. That would be small even for a chicken.
    >
    > Is there an advantage to getting a turkey in that size? I think chicken is bettter tasting and
    > juicier.

    Cornish hens are even better and more juicy, IMO.

    Jill

  7. Barry Grau

    Barry Grau Guest

    [email protected] (leah1314) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > crock pot cooking a turkey
    >
    > I'm new, so don't know if I do things this way or not, but here goes. I'm trying to cook a small
    > (2 lbs) turkey in a Crock pot and how to go about it. I can not find a recipe anywhere or I'm not
    > looking in the right cook books that my mother has.

    There's no such thing as a two pound turkey, noone cooks a turkey in a crock pot and it's hard not
    to trip over a turkey recipe just strolling down the street.

  8. Jmcquown

    Jmcquown Guest

    Dewolla Stepon wrote:
    > "Barry Grau" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> [email protected] (leah1314) wrote in message
    >> news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >> There's no such thing as a two pound turkey
    >
    > Oh really? An average ostrich egg weighs 2.2 pounds, and produces a nearly two-pound chick. How
    > big they grow the turkey eggs where you come from?
    >
    > - Dewolla

    Who the Hell said anything about EGGS?