cooking a turkey

Leah1314

Guest
crock pot cooking a turkey

I'm new, so don't know if I do things this way or not, but here goes. I'm trying to cook a small (2
lbs) turkey in a Crock pot and how to go about it. I can not find a recipe anywhere or I'm not
looking in the right cook books that my mother has.

"leah1314" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> crock pot cooking a turkey
>
> I'm new, so don't know if I do things this way or not, but here goes. I'm trying to cook a small
> (2 lbs) turkey in a Crock pot and how to go about it. I can not find a recipe anywhere or I'm not
> looking in the right cook books that my mother has.

Where in the hell do you find a two pound turkey? Did it have anorexia?

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (leah1314) wrote:

> crock pot cooking a turkey
>
> I'm new, so don't know if I do things this way or not, but here goes. I'm trying to cook a small
> (2 lbs) turkey in a Crock pot and how to go about it. I can not find a recipe anywhere or I'm not
> looking in the right cook books that my mother has.

2 lb turkey???

I'd look up recipes for roaster chickens. ;-)

Never seen a turkey that small!<G>

Welcome!

Kat

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

>,,<Cat's Haven Hobby Farm>,,<Katra at centurytel dot net>,,<

"leah1314" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> crock pot cooking a turkey
>
> I'm new, so don't know if I do things this way or not, but here goes. I'm trying to cook a small
> (2 lbs) turkey in a Crock pot and how to go about it. I can not find a recipe anywhere or I'm not
> looking in the right cook books that my mother has.

Sure that is not a turkey breast or one of those Butterball things that is merely a bunch of
assorted turkey meat held together in a net?

In rec.food.cooking, leah1314 <[email protected]> wrote:
> crock pot cooking a turkey

> I'm trying to cook a small (2 lbs) turkey

I didn't know that they came that small. That would be small even for a chicken.

Is there an advantage to getting a turkey in that size? I think chicken is bettter tasting
and juicier.

--
...I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...

- The Who

[email protected] wrote:
> In rec.food.cooking, leah1314 <[email protected]> wrote:
>> crock pot cooking a turkey
>
>> I'm trying to cook a small (2 lbs) turkey
>
> I didn't know that they came that small. That would be small even for a chicken.
>
> Is there an advantage to getting a turkey in that size? I think chicken is bettter tasting and
> juicier.

Cornish hens are even better and more juicy, IMO.

Jill

[email protected] (leah1314) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> crock pot cooking a turkey
>
> I'm new, so don't know if I do things this way or not, but here goes. I'm trying to cook a small
> (2 lbs) turkey in a Crock pot and how to go about it. I can not find a recipe anywhere or I'm not
> looking in the right cook books that my mother has.

There's no such thing as a two pound turkey, noone cooks a turkey in a crock pot and it's hard not
to trip over a turkey recipe just strolling down the street.

Dewolla Stepon wrote:
> "Barry Grau" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> [email protected] (leah1314) wrote in message
>> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>> There's no such thing as a two pound turkey
>
> Oh really? An average ostrich egg weighs 2.2 pounds, and produces a nearly two-pound chick. How
> big they grow the turkey eggs where you come from?
>
> - Dewolla

Who the Hell said anything about EGGS?