Cool brakes

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by ..::Tbf::.., Apr 1, 2003.

  1. Ctg

    Ctg Guest

  2. Chris says:

    >Those are the dumbest bike gadgets I think I've ever seen.

    Probably, but on the back, where they don't actually have to _work_, they'd be pretty good as brake
    lights (which I believe was the original idea) to stop nutters from crunching into you when you slow
    down or stop.

    Steve

  3. Kathleen

    Kathleen Guest

    Anthony Sloan wrote:

    > ..::TBF::.. wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=948
    >>

    >> --
    >> http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/
    >>

    > Though some may deride them, I've been on more than a few group night rides where I was wishing
    > that the folks in front of me had someting like these.

    Hell, I wish my kids' bikes had brake lights AND turn indicators.

    Years back I ordered my husband some roller blade brakes that threw a big rooster tail of sparks. It
    gave a sort of Wile E. Coyote/Acme Rocket Skate effect that was truly funny to see. Impressed the
    heck out of the neighborhood kids...

    I think something like that, only for bikes, would be cooler than a light (except maybe in hilly
    terrain during very dry weather).

    Kathleen

  4. Ctg

    Ctg Guest

    > Chris says:
    >
    > >Those are the dumbest bike gadgets I think I've ever seen.
    >
    > Probably, but on the back, where they don't actually have to _work_,
    they'd be
    > pretty good as brake lights (which I believe was the original idea) to
    stop
    > nutters from crunching into you when you slow down or stop.
    >
    > Steve

    I guess, wouldn't a blinkie be more visible and useful, or just stop riding with people who run into
    you would be an option.
    --
    Chris
    ________________

  5. ctg wrote:

    >I guess, wouldn't a blinkie be more visible and useful, or just stop riding with people who run
    >into you would be an option.
    >--
    >Chris
    >________________
    >www.chrisgroff.com

    In a group of evenly paced singlespeeds, knowing when the chango in front of you has brabbed a
    handful of brake lever can be useful information in momentum management.

    Don't get me wrong, these pad are silly and kitschy, but amidst that there is a nice unintended
    consequence of singlespeed usefulness.

  6. John G

    John G Guest

    Anthony Sloan wrote:
    > Though some may deride them, I've been on more than a few group night rides where I was wishing
    > that the folks in front of me had someting like these.

    I quite agree!

  7. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

  8. Spider

    Spider Guest

  9. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Tue, 1 Apr 2003 10:36:57 -0700, MattB wrote:

    Of course my commuter has coaster brakes

    "of course"?

  10. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    "BB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Tue, 1 Apr 2003 10:36:57 -0700, MattB wrote:
    >
    > Of course my commuter has coaster brakes
    >
    > "of course"?

    Uhhhh, yeah. ;-)

    Matt

  11. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Tue, 01 Apr 2003 09:14:05 GMT, "..::TBF::.." <[email protected]> wrote:

    >http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=948

    Fvcking Stupid! What kind of idiot doesn't know when his/her brake pads are worn?

    Someone put a dagger in the Hype Machine!

    :-]