Cool cycling/music story

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Tritonrider, Aug 27, 2003.

  1. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    Tags:

  2. Patrick

    Patrick Guest

    If you like ambient/techno music their new album is great. Cool video for "Tour de France" on their
    website too.....kraftwerk.com

  3. [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote in news:20030827205926.23263.00000028 @mb-m19.aol.com:

    > Kraftwerk reveal cycling inspiration
    >

    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3184789.stm
    > http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/classicpop/reviews/kraftwerk_france.shtml Good stuff. Sorta ties in
    > with the music thread that seems to have ended. Bill C

    That's pretty cool. I always listen to some good techno when I'm training by myself; Kraftwerk being
    one of my favorites. Its nice to see that others have noticed the correlation between musical BPM
    (beats per minute) and cardio BPM. I'll have to check out their new album.

    - Boyd S.

  4. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Boyd Speerschneider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote in
    > @mb-m19.aol.com:
    >
    > > Kraftwerk reveal cycling inspiration
    > >
    > > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3184789.stm

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/classicpop/reviews/kraftwerk_france.shtml
    > > Good stuff. Sorta ties in with the music thread that seems to
    have ended.
    > > Bill C
    > >

    > That's pretty cool. I always listen to some good techno when I'm training by myself;
    Kraftwerk
    > being one of my favorites. Its nice to see that others have noticed the correlation between
    musical BPM
    > (beats per minute) and cardio BPM. I'll have to check out their new album.

    I will make a suggestion - be careful using music on a workout. Especially the headset stuff which
    can totally drown out your body's emergency signals. It is pretty easy to WAY overdo it and end up
    almost collapsing from overwork.

  5. "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in news:ufA3b.7807$Jh2.1298
    @newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net:

    <snip>

    > I will make a suggestion - be careful using music on a workout. Especially the headset stuff which
    > can totally drown out your body's emergency signals. It is pretty easy to WAY overdo it and end up
    > almost collapsing from overwork.

    Tom,

    That's why I know the BPMs for all of the songs in my collection. When I make a playlist for a ride,
    I first sort it according to BPMs. Then I order the playlist according the the goals for my ride.
    For example during the warmup, nice slow stuff which builds into a crescendo. Then for the hard part
    of my workout, songs which have a pretty high BPM. Then for my cool down, stuff which slows down
    from high to low BPMs. This also works well for intervals... a slow song then a fast one, repeat as
    necessary.

    BTW, I've been training to music for over 10 years, so I doubt I'm going to "WAY overdo it and end
    up collapsing from overwork". The secret is to listen to your body first and the music second. It
    also helps to not have it turned up so loud that it drowns out everything else including traffic.

    - Boyd S. a KraftWerk fan

  6. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    > I will make a suggestion - be careful using music on a workout. Especially the headset stuff which
    > can totally drown out your body's emergency signals. It is pretty easy to WAY overdo it and end up
    > almost collapsing from overwork.

    You must be joking.

  7. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

    Nick Burns wrote:

    >> I will make a suggestion - be careful using music on a workout. Especially the headset stuff
    >> which can totally drown out your body's emergency signals. It is pretty easy to WAY overdo it and
    >> end up almost collapsing from overwork.
    >
    > You must be joking.

    Tom never jokes.