Cool novelties for your wheels!

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Scott Leckey, Feb 19, 2003.

  1. Scott Leckey

    Scott Leckey Guest

    I just found these novelty/safety items advertised in my new computer (!) magazine. The
    Tirefly attaches to the valve, and its LED light creates a constant trail of light in several
    different colours.

    http://www.donutz.co.uk/tirefly.html

    The Hokey Spokes look really cool! They can produce amazing light shows or even display text
    messages of up to 16 characters in your spokes! (How about "BACK OFF, CAGER!")

    http://www.hokeyspokes.co.uk/

    Scott Leckey

    Tags:

  2. "Scott Leckey" <[email protected]> wrote:
    ( Ijust found these novelty/safety items advertised in my new computer (!) ) magazine. The Tirefly
    attaches to the valve, and its LED light creates a ( constant trail of light in several
    different colours. ) ( http://www.donutz.co.uk/tirefly.html

    "The latest styling accessory for you car." ?

    ( The Hokey Spokes look really cool! They can produce amazing light shows or ) even display text
    messages of up to 16 characters in your spokes! (How about ( "BACK OFF, CAGER!") ) (
    http://www.hokeyspokes.co.uk/

    What's the law say about fixing these lights onto a bicycle? Is there a legal definition of flashing
    light that accommodates persistence of vision?

  3. Simon Hay

    Simon Hay Guest

    Geraint Jones wrote:
    > "Scott Leckey" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > ( Ijust found these novelty/safety items advertised in my new computer (!) ) magazine. The
    > Tirefly attaches to the valve, and its LED light creates a ( constant trail of light in
    > several different colours. ) ( http://www.donutz.co.uk/tirefly.html
    >
    > "The latest styling accessory for you car." ?

    Depending on where you buy them the same things seem to be marketed for cars, motorbikes and
    bicycles. As far as I can see they just attach to a standard car-type valve - it says on one of the
    retailers' sites that if you have a Presta valve you'll need a special adaptor...

    Simon