cool SUV's

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Dave Hansen, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. Dave Hansen

    Dave Hansen Guest

    oopps sorry..was looking to forward this to someone..from another computer

    Dave

  2. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Dave Hansen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > http://poseur.4x4.org/futuresuv.html

    These would sell like hot cakes in California. The state would even reclassify commuter lanes to
    serve these environmentally friendly vehicles. Certain California allows the largest SUVs being
    built, many of them which have handling no better than a 5 ton commercial truck, to speed and cut
    from lane to lane without any interference from the California Highway Patrol.

    California could balance their budget if they were to give speeding tickets to SUV's more than 10
    mph over the speed limit and/or driving in the commuter lane with only one person on board. But
    instead Grey Davis intends to double state taxes.

  3. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest

    news:%[email protected]...
    > "Dave Hansen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > http://poseur.4x4.org/futuresuv.html
    >
    > These would sell like hot cakes in California. The state would even reclassify commuter lanes to
    > serve these environmentally friendly vehicles. Certain California allows the largest SUVs being
    > built, many of them which have handling no better than a 5 ton commercial truck, to speed and cut
    > from lane to lane without any interference from the California Highway Patrol.
    >
    > California could balance their budget if they were to give speeding tickets to SUV's more than 10
    > mph over the speed limit and/or driving in the commuter lane with only one person on board. But
    > instead Grey Davis intends to double state taxes.

    Dear Lord thank you for keeping me on the east coast. At least here ALL the drivers are
    assholes. I'd hate to live in a place where ONLY the SUV drivers are idiots and everyone else is
    certainly perfect.

    Thank you Tom, for another good laugh!

    Danny Callen

  4. Dave Hansen

    Dave Hansen Guest

    "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > news:%[email protected]...
    > > "Dave Hansen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > http://poseur.4x4.org/futuresuv.html
    > >
    > > These would sell like hot cakes in California. The state would even reclassify commuter lanes to
    > > serve these environmentally friendly vehicles. Certain California allows the largest SUVs being
    > > built, many of them which have handling no better than a 5 ton commercial truck, to speed and
    > > cut from lane to lane without any interference from the California Highway Patrol.
    > >
    > > California could balance their budget if they were to give speeding tickets to SUV's more than
    > > 10 mph over the speed limit and/or driving in the commuter lane with only one person on board.
    > > But instead Grey Davis intends to double state taxes.
    > >

    > Dear Lord thank you for keeping me on the east coast. At least here ALL the drivers are assholes.
    > I'd hate to live in a place where ONLY the SUV drivers are idiots and everyone else is certainly
    > perfect.
    >
    > Thank you Tom, for another good laugh!
    >
    > Danny Callen

    I have far less problems with SUV's than the rest of the drivers here in SoCal Dave

  5. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > news:%[email protected]...
    > > "Dave Hansen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > http://poseur.4x4.org/futuresuv.html
    > >
    > > These would sell like hot cakes in California. The state would
    even
    > > reclassify commuter lanes to serve these environmentally friendly vehicles. Certain California
    > > allows the largest SUVs being built,
    many
    > > of them which have handling no better than a 5 ton commercial
    truck,
    > > to speed and cut from lane to lane without any interference from
    the
    > > California Highway Patrol.
    > >
    > > California could balance their budget if they were to give
    speeding
    > > tickets to SUV's more than 10 mph over the speed limit and/or
    driving
    > > in the commuter lane with only one person on board. But instead
    Grey
    > > Davis intends to double state taxes.
    > >

    > Dear Lord thank you for keeping me on the east coast. At least here
    ALL the
    > drivers are assholes. I'd hate to live in a place where ONLY the SUV
    drivers
    > are idiots and everyone else is certainly perfect.

    What would you rather have dropped on you from a 5 story building? A VW Bug or a Cadillac Escalade?

    Bad argument? Gee, it always seems like a good one to helmet fanatics.

  6. Dave Hansen

    Dave Hansen Guest

    news:%[email protected]...
    > "Dave Hansen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > http://poseur.4x4.org/futuresuv.html
    >
    > These would sell like hot cakes in California. The state would even reclassify commuter lanes to
    > serve these environmentally friendly vehicles. Certain California allows the largest SUVs being
    > built, many of them which have handling no better than a 5 ton commercial truck, to speed and cut
    > from lane to lane without any interference from the California Highway Patrol.
    >
    > California could balance their budget if they were to give speeding tickets to SUV's more than 10
    > mph over the speed limit and/or driving in the commuter lane with only one person on board. But
    > instead Grey Davis intends to double state taxes.

    NorCal must be a planet of it's own, are we supposed to believe that SUV's are the only vehicles
    that travel 10 mph of the speed limit in the car pool lane, or are the only vehicles that travel in
    the lane with one person, pahhleeze Tom that is the most assinine statement I have heard yet about
    SUV's (with the exception of "buy an SUV and support terroism" ) that one really cracked me up. What
    about the guy that drives the 68 camaro Z28 that gets about 3 gals. to the mile!

    Dave

  7. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest

    > "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:%[email protected]...
    > > > "Dave Hansen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > These would sell like hot cakes in California. The state would
    > even
    > > > reclassify commuter lanes to serve these environmentally friendly vehicles. Certain California
    > > > allows the largest SUVs being built,
    > many
    > > > of them which have handling no better than a 5 ton commercial
    > truck,
    > > > to speed and cut from lane to lane without any interference from
    > the
    > > > California Highway Patrol.
    > > >
    > > > California could balance their budget if they were to give
    > speeding
    > > > tickets to SUV's more than 10 mph over the speed limit and/or
    > driving
    > > > in the commuter lane with only one person on board. But instead
    > Grey
    > > > Davis intends to double state taxes.
    > > >

    > > Dear Lord thank you for keeping me on the east coast. At least here
    > ALL the
    > > drivers are assholes. I'd hate to live in a place where ONLY the SUV
    > drivers
    > > are idiots and everyone else is certainly perfect.
    >
    > What would you rather have dropped on you from a 5 story building? A VW Bug or a Cadillac
    > Escalade?
    >
    > Bad argument? Gee, it always seems like a good one to helmet fanatics.

    That's easy... a Cadillac Escade. That piece of shit would fall apart into so many pices before it
    hit the ground, it wouldn't hurt a soul.

    Danny Callen

  8. Steve

    Steve Guest

    On 1/26/03 7:08 PM, in article [email protected], "Danny Callen"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > That's easy... a Cadillac Escade. That piece of shit would fall apart into so many pices before it
    > hit the ground, it wouldn't hurt a soul.
    >
    > Danny Callen

    But..........

    Since those are the SUV of choice for Black people are you being a **blatant racist** and saying
    Black people are stupid and buy JUNK!!

  9. Dave Hansen

    Dave Hansen Guest

    "steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA59EC99.1EA58%[email protected]...
    > On 1/26/03 7:08 PM, in article [email protected], "Danny Callen"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    > > That's easy... a Cadillac Escade. That piece of shit would fall apart into so many pices before
    > > it hit the ground, it wouldn't hurt a soul.
    > >
    > > Danny Callen
    > >

    > But..........
    >
    > Since those are the SUV of choice for Black people are you being a **blatant racist** and saying
    > Black people are stupid and buy JUNK!!

    Apparently that is your stance, he just said it's a piece of junk. Dave

  10. Steve

    Steve Guest

    On 1/26/03 8:36 PM, in article [email protected], "Dave Hansen"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA59EC99.1EA58%[email protected]...
    >> On 1/26/03 7:08 PM, in article [email protected], "Danny Callen"
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>

    >>> That's easy... a Cadillac Escade. That piece of shit would fall apart into so many pices before
    >>> it hit the ground, it wouldn't hurt a soul.
    >>>
    >>> Danny Callen

    >> Since those are the SUV of choice for Black people are you being a **blatant racist** and saying
    >> Black people are stupid and buy JUNK!!
    >

    > Apparently that is your stance, he just said it's a piece of junk. Dave

    HEY!!

    Don't ruin my troll!!!!