Cool weather clothing Suggestions

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by 9202, Sep 28, 2007.

1. 9202

9202 New Member

My wife and I will be heading to Nevada to bike for a few days in late November. We live in Florida and wear bib shorts even on the coolest of mornings with long sleeve jerseys and sometimes a jacket.

I looked up the temp in Nevada in and around Las Vegas and it appears the daily highs are in the 55-65F range.

Would knickers/tights be appropriate? We would welcome any suggestions as we are warm weather cyclists. A bit spoiled by the sun with thin blood. Hate to sound ingnorant when it comes to cool weather cycling, but this is our first winter cycling trip out of Florida.

Thanks

Tags:

2. steelem

steelem New Member

YES YOUR MRS KNICKERS WILL BE FINE !!

3. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

55° is tights for me. 65° is getting borderline, but shorts if sunny and no mega-wind blowing. I wear short sleeves down to about 60°, again dependant upon wind, sunshine. I rode today (67° sunny) in shorts and short sleeves and was plenty comfortable.

Take the tights and long sleeves. The tights don't take up much room, can be peeled off and the long sleeves can be pushed up. Another option is good old arm/leg warmers. They are easily stuffed into a jersey pocket if not needed.

4. 9202

9202 New Member

Thanks for the suggestions. We also figured that we could always pick up some additional clothes if needed when out west.

Thanks again, your comments are quite helpful.