Coolmax

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Bruce Johnston, Jul 16, 2003.

  1. Does anyone have any regular clothes made out of cool max? Like sports shirts or even casual shirts?
    I got coolmax soxs and some cycling jerseys. I been looking for cool looking shirts that you can
    wear in public that don't look like cycling jerseys with pockets in the back. Long or short sleeve.
    Maybe I could just buy some bulk coolmax and take it to the tailor.

    Anybody find anything like that online?

    Thanks,

    Bruce

    Tags:

  2. Trailgalore

    Trailgalore Guest

    "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone have any regular clothes made out of cool max? Like sports shirts or even casual
    > shirts? I got coolmax soxs and some cycling jerseys.
    > been looking for cool looking shirts that you can wear in public that
    don't
    > look like cycling jerseys with pockets in the back. Long or short sleeve.

    > Anybody find anything like that online?

    Havn't found online, had no need to, Wally world sells pull over shirts and shorts (Starter brand)
    priced $11.50-15.00. Store also sells coolmax socks.

  3. F1

    F1 Guest

    I don't know where you are, but if you have an REI around, I believe there is a lot of Coolmax stuff
    you are looking for. Also, Nike's Dri-Fit is very good and there are polo type shirts available,
    especially in Collegiate gear.

    "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone have any regular clothes made out of cool max? Like sports shirts or even casual
    > shirts? I got coolmax soxs and some cycling jerseys.
    > been looking for cool looking shirts that you can wear in public that
    don't
    > look like cycling jerseys with pockets in the back. Long or short sleeve. Maybe I could just buy
    > some bulk coolmax and take it to the tailor.
    >

    > Anybody find anything like that online?
    >

    > Thanks,
    >

    > Bruce

  4. Bernie

    Bernie Guest

    F1 wrote:

    > I don't know where you are, but if you have an REI around, I believe there is a lot of Coolmax
    > stuff you are looking for. Also, Nike's Dri-Fit is very good and there are polo type shirts
    > available, especially in Collegiate gear.
    >
    > "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Does anyone have any regular clothes made out of cool max? Like sports shirts or even casual
    > > shirts? I got coolmax soxs and some cycling jerseys.
    > > been looking for cool looking shirts that you can wear in public that
    > don't
    > > look like cycling jerseys with pockets in the back. Long or short sleeve. Maybe I could just buy
    > > some bulk coolmax and take it to the tailor.
    > >

    > > Anybody find anything like that online?
    > >

    > > Thanks,
    > >

    > > Bruce

    My "stealth" cycling outfit is a pair of Haggar slacks 60% polyester 40% rayon, and a decent
    looking golf shirt 100% microfibre polyester. Light wool dress socks and nice stiff black leather
    dress shoes stuffed into Mt.Zefal toe cups for a cool ride and ready for the office. Cool and
    comfortable. Bernie

  5. Ken

    Ken Guest

    "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
    > Does anyone have any regular clothes made out of cool max? Like sports shirts or even casual
    > shirts? I got coolmax soxs and some cycling jerseys. I been looking for cool looking shirts that
    > you can wear in public that don't look like cycling jerseys with pockets in the back.

    Camping supply and travel stores sell street clothes made from Coolmax and other synthetics. They
    are comfortable in a wide range of conditions and you can hand wash/drip dry them when travelling
    or camping.

  6. Peter Cole

    Peter Cole Guest

    "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone have any regular clothes made out of cool max? Like sports shirts or even casual
    > shirts? I got coolmax soxs and some cycling jerseys. I been looking for cool looking shirts that
    > you can wear in public that don't look like cycling jerseys with pockets in the back. Long or
    > short sleeve. Maybe I could just buy some bulk coolmax and take it to the tailor.

    A lot of places sell Coolmax Alta t-shirts, www.sierratradingpost.com often has them for $10 or so.
    I got a Coolmax polo style shirt at Eastern Mountain Sports, I don't know what their (inter)national
    coverage is, this was a few years ago, perhaps other camping suppliers.

  7. "Ken" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
    > > Does anyone have any regular clothes made out of cool max? Like sports shirts or even casual
    > > shirts? I got coolmax soxs and some cycling jerseys. I been looking for cool looking shirts that
    > > you can wear in public that don't look like cycling jerseys with pockets in the back.
    >
    > Camping supply and travel stores sell street clothes made from Coolmax and other synthetics. They
    > are comfortable in a wide range of conditions and
    you
    > can hand wash/drip dry them when travelling or camping.

    Post some web addresses for any online stores you know of.

    B-

  8. Pat

    Pat Guest

    x-no-archive:yes

    > > Camping supply and travel stores sell street clothes made from Coolmax
    and
    > > other synthetics. They are comfortable in a wide range of conditions
    and
    > you
    > > can hand wash/drip dry them when travelling or camping.
    >
    > Post some web addresses for any online stores you know of.
    >
    > B-

    Bruce, go to www.travelsmith.com

    they have what you need.

    Pat in TX

  9. Fritz M

    Fritz M Guest

    "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Post some web addresses for any online stores you know of.

    http://www.rei.com/

    http://www.sierratradingpost.com/

    http://www.campmor.com/

    The shirts I have for hiking, running, and cycling are not specifically "Coolmax," but they are
    light-weight, polyester sweat-wicking fabrics. I have an REI MTS T-shirt and a running shirt that's
    almost a mesh, and shirt from North Face that's more solid. I really really really like the
    almost-mesh shirts, much better even than my Coolmax jerseys.

    The running shirt and North Face "hiking" shirt came from Garts, a big box discount sporting goods
    store. The REI shirt came from a brick-and- mortar REI store and it's currently what I wear just
    about everyday for cycling (it washes and dries quickly).

    I couldn't find my specific shirt but its very similar to this one, except mine has a zipper on the
    collar to open up the front a little.

    http://tinyurl.com/h9d0

    It's not Fab-approved (the REI logo is extremely inconspicuous), but it works very well for me. My
    shirt is "Mango" orange for visibility.

    RFM
    --
    To reply, translate domain from l33+ 2p33|< to alpha. 4=a 0=o 3=e +=t

  10. Rod Snyder

    Rod Snyder Guest