Cop shoes

Corvus Corvax

Guest
I believe I have found what may be the ultimate shoe for commuting: the
Diadora Bike Patrol shoe:

http://www.ipmba.org/reviews-diadora.htm

A picture of the shoe is at:

http://tinyurl.com/zl98b

Totally dorky^H^H^H^H^H "professional, uniformed" looking, but they
take cleats and are still very comfortable to walk around in. One cool
touch is a velcro loop that holds the laces out of your chainring --
essential on a fix. I have had mine for several months now, and I just
love them. Highly recommended.

CC

Corvus Corvax wrote:
> I believe I have found what may be the ultimate shoe for commuting: the
> Diadora Bike Patrol shoe:
>
> http://www.ipmba.org/reviews-diadora.htm
>
> A picture of the shoe is at:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/zl98b
>
> Totally dorky^H^H^H^H^H "professional, uniformed" looking, but they
> take cleats and are still very comfortable to walk around in. One cool
> touch is a velcro loop that holds the laces out of your chainring --
> essential on a fix. I have had mine for several months now, and I just
> love them. Highly recommended.

Wait, so you own a pair?

They def look like uniform shoes . . $90 ? That's a bit ridiculous. I
guess when you consider who's buying them, it's not really important.

cc wrote:

> Wait, so you own a pair?

I've put about 1500 miles on them.

> They def look like uniform shoes . . $90 ? That's a bit ridiculous. I
> guess when you consider who's buying them, it's not really important.

I got them on sale at some one of the online places for $50 or $60. I
forget which one.

CC

Corvus Corvax wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/zl98b
>
> Totally dorky^H^H^H^H^H "professional, uniformed" looking, but they
> take cleats and are still very comfortable to walk around in. One cool
> touch is a velcro loop that holds the laces out of your chainring --
> essential on a fix. I have had mine for several months now, and I just
> love them. Highly recommended.
>
> CC

Elwood: You don't like it?
Jake: No I don't like it...
[Elwood Blues floors the pedal and jumps over an open drawbridge]
Jake: Car's got a lot of pickup.
Elwood: It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop
tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic
converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the
new Bluesmobile or what?
[a brief thinking pause while Jake Blues lights a cigarette]
Jake: Fix the cigarette lighter.

Jimbo...No I don't like it...(san)

> Jimbo...No I don't like it...(san)

Don't be drinkin' hateorade(tm)

cc wrote:
> I guess when you consider who's buying them, it's not really important.

I would find it completely hilarious if:

a) a cop had to save your obviously pathetic life

b) you resisted arrest

c) you had the intestinal foritude to say anything remotely offensive
to anyone in person

d) you crossed my path

e) all of the above

Some day, someone is going to beat your little punk ass and I'll be
sure to laugh.

JD

Professional ? Uniformed? eegads, their boring cross-training looking
shoes. Heck, I was expecting posh looking patent leather or
something....nice to wear in the office!

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

news:[email protected]...

JD wrote:
> cc wrote:
>
>>I guess when you consider who's buying them, it's not really important.

> I would find it completely hilarious if:
>
> a) a cop had to save your obviously pathetic life
>
> b) you resisted arrest
>
> c) you had the intestinal foritude to say anything remotely offensive
> to anyone in person
>
> d) you crossed my path
>
> e) all of the above
>
> Some day, someone is going to beat your little punk ass and I'll be
> sure to laugh.

Obsess much?

I was referring to the fact
that budget probably wasn't an
consideration for the gubment
.. . man, you've got issues . .

Jimbo(san) wrote:
> Corvus Corvax wrote:
>> http://tinyurl.com/zl98b
>>
>> Totally dorky^H^H^H^H^H "professional, uniformed" looking, but they
>> take cleats and are still very comfortable to walk around in. One
>> cool touch is a velcro loop that holds the laces out of your
>> chainring -- essential on a fix. I have had mine for several months
>> now, and I just love them. Highly recommended.
>>
>> CC

> Elwood: You don't like it?
> Jake: No I don't like it...
> [Elwood Blues floors the pedal and jumps over an open drawbridge]
> Jake: Car's got a lot of pickup.
> Elwood: It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop
> tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic
> converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it
> the new Bluesmobile or what?
> [a brief thinking pause while Jake Blues lights a cigarette]
> Jake: Fix the cigarette lighter.
>

> Jimbo...No I don't like it...(san)

My very first car (1971) was a '68 Dodge Charger R/T with a 440 in it. I'm
lucky to be alive. (Dead serious <eg> )

Corvus Corvax wrote:
> I believe I have found what may be the ultimate shoe for commuting: the
> Diadora Bike Patrol shoe:
>
> http://www.ipmba.org/reviews-diadora.htm
>
> A picture of the shoe is at:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/zl98b
>
> Totally dorky^H^H^H^H^H "professional, uniformed" looking, but they
> take cleats and are still very comfortable to walk around in. One cool
> touch is a velcro loop that holds the laces out of your chainring --
> essential on a fix. I have had mine for several months now, and I just
> love them. Highly recommended.

If they don't come in EE or wider they'll never sell to cops (or me FTM).
:)

Shawn

cc wrote:
> JD wrote:

<snip>

> I was referring to the fact
> that budget probably wasn't an
> consideration for the gubment

Do you really think that all government agencies pay retail or more?
The whole thousand dollar toillette seat was really over-blown.

USCG dive equipment always came in at landed cost .... or better.

> Do you really think that all government agencies pay retail or more?

Seen the latest copy of the NSN catalog?

> The whole thousand dollar toillette seat was really over-blown.

That's NASA, totally different beast entirely.

--
Sand Squid

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 23:41:58 GMT, Bill Sornson wrote:

> My very first car (1971) was a '68 Dodge Charger R/T with a 440 in it. I'm
> lucky to be alive. (Dead serious <eg> )

Lucky *******!

My first car was a '65 Barracuda, which sounds good except that until '67
they were really just fastback Valiants. Its the automotive equivalent of
wearing these 'tard shoes. :)

--
-BB-
To e-mail me, unmunge my address

BB wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 23:41:58 GMT, Bill Sornson wrote:
>
>> My very first car (1971) was a '68 Dodge Charger R/T with a 440 in
>> it. I'm lucky to be alive. (Dead serious <eg> )

> Lucky *******!
>
> My first car was a '65 Barracuda, which sounds good except that until
> '67 they were really just fastback Valiants. Its the automotive
> equivalent of wearing these 'tard shoes. :)

Oh, yeah, I danced with a few later-model Barracudas -- taught me the value
of fatter tires for one thing! Great-looking cars...

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 02:30:43 GMT, Bill Sornson wrote:

> Oh, yeah, I danced with a few later-model Barracudas -- taught me the value
> of fatter tires for one thing! Great-looking cars...

Loved those 70-72 E-bodies. Actually I bought a '67 Barracuda about 20
years ago. I just had to have a real 'Cuda before I die. I felt like quite
the badass driving a fast car in the mid-80s. :)

You HAVE seen the '08 Challenger, haven't you?

http://www.dodge.com/en/challenger/

--

[email protected] wrote:
> cc wrote:
>
>>JD wrote:

> <snip>
>

>>I was referring to the fact
>>that budget probably wasn't an
>>consideration for the gubment

> Do you really think that all government agencies pay retail or more?
> The whole thousand dollar toillette seat was really over-blown.
>
> USCG dive equipment always came in at landed cost .... or better.

I have an idea of what they
spend for research, but it was
a totally tongue-in-cheek remark.

Why is everyone so serial?

BB wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 02:30:43 GMT, Bill Sornson wrote:
>

>>Oh, yeah, I danced with a few later-model Barracudas -- taught me the value
>>of fatter tires for one thing! Great-looking cars...

> Loved those 70-72 E-bodies. Actually I bought a '67 Barracuda about 20
> years ago. I just had to have a real 'Cuda before I die. I felt like quite
> the badass driving a fast car in the mid-80s. :)

I feel exactly the same way .
.. the later Barracudas are
just spectacular. Got any pics?

> You HAVE seen the '08 Challenger, haven't you?

I had a buddy with a late 70's
challenger convertible.
Besides the leaky floorboards
and gas mileage, you sure
couldn't beat it in the summer.

BB wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 02:30:43 GMT, Bill Sornson wrote:
>
>> Oh, yeah, I danced with a few later-model Barracudas -- taught me
>> the value of fatter tires for one thing! Great-looking cars...

> Loved those 70-72 E-bodies. Actually I bought a '67 Barracuda about 20
> years ago. I just had to have a real 'Cuda before I die. I felt like
> quite the badass driving a fast car in the mid-80s. :)
>
> You HAVE seen the '08 Challenger, haven't you?
>
> http://www.dodge.com/en/challenger/

Well, Challengers were Chargers' kid brothers -- fast and nimble, but no
Golden Child! (Still, new ones look hot. Hope they get the quality at least
decent.)

Bill Sornson wrote:
> BB wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 02:30:43 GMT, Bill Sornson wrote:
>>

>>>Oh, yeah, I danced with a few later-model Barracudas -- taught me
>>>the value of fatter tires for one thing! Great-looking cars...

>>Loved those 70-72 E-bodies. Actually I bought a '67 Barracuda about 20
>>years ago. I just had to have a real 'Cuda before I die. I felt like
>>quite the badass driving a fast car in the mid-80s. :)
>>
>>You HAVE seen the '08 Challenger, haven't you?
>>
>>http://www.dodge.com/en/challenger/

> Well, Challengers were Chargers' kid brothers -- fast and nimble, but no
> Golden Child! (Still, new ones look hot. Hope they get the quality at least
> decent.)

I liked the big bulky look on the first 1 or 2 Dodge/Chryslers but I
think they're spreading a little thin now. I'm not a big fan of
Mustangs but I think the current one is a great combo of modern design
with a strong influence from a 69/70 car.

Greg

--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine

"Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> My very first car (1971) was a '68 Dodge Charger R/T with a 440 in it.

I'm
> lucky to be alive. (Dead serious <eg> )

My first car was a Toyota, 98 horsepower <sigh>...I couldn't get past 55mph
with it...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!