Cop shoes

"BB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> My first car was a '65 Barracuda, which sounds good except that until '67
> they were really just fastback Valiants. Its the automotive equivalent of
> wearing these 'tard shoes. :)

Frankie froglegs is still trying to re-build his Cuda...one day he'll have
it back...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Carla A-G wrote:
> "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>My very first car (1971) was a '68 Dodge Charger R/T with a 440 in it.

> I'm
>
>>lucky to be alive. (Dead serious <eg> )

> My first car was a Toyota, 98 horsepower <sigh>...I couldn't get past 55mph
> with it...
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Mine too. Not sure what the HP was but it wasn't a lot. It was an '86
Tercel wagon (4WD). I bought it in about '92 with 98,000 Miles on it.
It sure was dependable and provided a great canvas to stick my Zappa for
President and Mean People Suck stickers...

Matt

Carla A-G wrote:
> "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>My very first car (1971) was a '68 Dodge Charger R/T with a 440 in it.

> I'm
>
>>lucky to be alive. (Dead serious <eg> )

> My first car was a Toyota, 98 horsepower <sigh>...I couldn't get past 55mph
> with it...

Mine was a Datsun B210 Honey Bee. Talk about geeky. It had about 85 hp.

Greg
--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine

G.T. wrote:
> Carla A-G wrote:
>
>> "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>
>>> My very first car (1971) was a '68 Dodge Charger R/T with a 440 in it.

>> I'm
>>
>>> lucky to be alive. (Dead serious <eg> )

>> My first car was a Toyota, 98 horsepower <sigh>...I couldn't get past
>> 55mph
>> with it...
>>

> Mine was a Datsun B210 Honey Bee. Talk about geeky. It had about 85 hp.

Man, those things
(unfortunately) last forever.

G.T. wrote:
> Carla A-G wrote:
>
>> "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>
>>> My very first car (1971) was a '68 Dodge Charger R/T with a 440 in it.

>> I'm
>>
>>> lucky to be alive. (Dead serious <eg> )

>> My first car was a Toyota, 98 horsepower <sigh>...I couldn't get past
>> 55mph
>> with it...
>>

> Mine was a Datsun B210 Honey Bee. Talk about geeky. It had about 85 hp.
>
> Greg

My brother had one of those. It wasn't his first car, that was a Vega
which fell apart on the way home from buying it. He ended up parting it
out when the seller wouldn't do anything for him and he actually made
money. He's in banking now and does well at it!

Matt

Bill Sornson wrote:
> BB wrote:
>> On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 02:30:43 GMT, Bill Sornson wrote:
>>
>>> Oh, yeah, I danced with a few later-model Barracudas -- taught me
>>> the value of fatter tires for one thing! Great-looking cars...

>> Loved those 70-72 E-bodies. Actually I bought a '67 Barracuda about 20
>> years ago. I just had to have a real 'Cuda before I die. I felt like
>> quite the badass driving a fast car in the mid-80s. :)
>>
>> You HAVE seen the '08 Challenger, haven't you?
>>
>> http://www.dodge.com/en/challenger/

> Well, Challengers were Chargers' kid brothers -- fast and nimble, but no
> Golden Child! (Still, new ones look hot. Hope they get the quality at least
> decent.)

Jeez . . all they did was smooth out the old body style. At least the
mustang is the melding of old and new. I think they did do one (bad)
thing to the body, and that is to make the grill smaller in proportion
to the front end . . looks a little weird IMO.

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 23:09:02 -0700, cc wrote:

> . the later Barracudas are just spectacular. Got any pics?

I'm sure there's one buried around here somewhere, but I doubt I'll ever
find it. The '67 coupes weren't beautiful, and this wasn't one of the more
beautiful '67s. :)

--
-BB-
To e-mail me, unmunge my address

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 14:52:19 -0700, cc wrote:

>>> http://www.dodge.com/en/challenger/

> Jeez . . all they did was smooth out the old body style.

That was what I liked about it! When I first saw one, it was like they'd
updated the e-body I always wanted, just for me. I'm really struggling
with the decision to get something with gas mileage that poor, though.

--

sissy wrote:
> Why is everyone so serial?

Your self-importance is underwhelming. How can you be paranoid if
everyone's out to get you? Go play on the freeway now, little man.

JD

JD wrote:
> sissy wrote:
>
>>Why is everyone so serial?

> Your self-importance is underwhelming. How can you be paranoid if
> everyone's out to get you? Go play on the freeway now, little man.

Uh-huh.

BB wrote:

>>Jeez . . all they did was smooth out the old body style.

> That was what I liked about it! When I first saw one, it was like they'd
> updated the e-body I always wanted, just for me. I'm really struggling
> with the decision to get something with gas mileage that poor, though.

Should be fine as long as you don't drive it!

Matt