Copilot

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Pat, Nov 14, 2003.

  1. Pat

    Pat Guest

    I saw a story in Bicycling Magazine about a bike called the Copilot. It is a steel folding bike that
    fits in a suitcase. Has anyone tried this bike? How does it stack up as a "real" bike?

    Pat in TX

    Tags:

  2. Pat <[email protected]> wrote:
    : I saw a story in Bicycling Magazine about a bike called the Copilot. It is a steel folding bike
    : that fits in a suitcase. Has anyone tried this bike? How does it stack up as a "real" bike?

    this isn't a folding bike but you may mean this ..

    http://www.co-motion.com/singlemenu.html

    this was apparently reviewed in bicycling dec, 2003.

    Co-Pilot is Co-Motion's name for their S&S coupled bike. either the Espresso, Nor'Wester or
    Americano are offered as Co-Pilot.

    see also the S&S site ..

    http://www.sandsmachine.com/

    my touring bike is S&S coupled (not a comotion, tho). they work great. you don't notice them at all.
    google back in this group, there are a couple of threads on S&S bikes.
    --
    david reuteler [email protected]

  3. Matt O'Toole

    Matt O'Toole Guest

    "David Reuteler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Pat <[email protected]> wrote:
    > : I saw a story in Bicycling Magazine about a bike called the Copilot. It is a steel folding bike
    > : that fits in a suitcase. Has anyone tried this bike? How does it stack up as a "real" bike?
    >
    > this isn't a folding bike but you may mean this ..
    >
    > http://www.co-motion.com/singlemenu.html
    >
    > this was apparently reviewed in bicycling dec, 2003.
    >
    > Co-Pilot is Co-Motion's name for their S&S coupled bike. either the Espresso, Nor'Wester or
    > Americano are offered as Co-Pilot.
    >
    > see also the S&S site ..
    >
    > http://www.sandsmachine.com/
    >
    > my touring bike is S&S coupled (not a comotion, tho). they work great. you don't notice them at
    > all. google back in this group, there are a couple of threads on S&S bikes.

    You might also look at the Ritchey Breakaway. It's similar to the S&S bikes, but cleaner looking,
    lighter, and probably cheaper.

    http://www.ritcheylogic.com/babmain.htm

    Dahon is supposedly coming out with a bike based on the Breakaway frame too, but I don't see it on
    the Dahon website yet. Here's the announcement, though:

    http://www.dahon.com/news15.htm

    Matt O.