copper anti-seize 2

TO BE FAIR-I APPLIED LOCTITE COPPER ANT-SEIZE AGAIN AFTER THE USED
ALLOY CR BEGAN FROG NOISE WORKING ON THE 3-S SPINDLE. OUR LOCAL TUNER
AND ATB SPEC WOOLEY AT UTM NNNNN HAD TWO IN THE BIN REPLACED FOR 9
SPEEDS.

THIS TIME I CAREFULLY MASSAGED THE ANTI-SEIZE TUBE.
SO, AFTER MAYBE SQUIRTING THE FLUID CARRIER THAT SETTLED TO THE TOP
ONTO THE GROUND, WE WERE NOW IN BUSINESS AS THE GOOD LOCTITE INTENDED
AND SO IT CAME TO THE SPINDLE'S TAPIR.
THE COPPER WENT ON THE TAPIR ACCURATELY AND PRECISELY. YAHHHOOOOO!!!
VISCOSITY WAS DEAD ON HOLDING STEADY AT TAPIR'S LIP THREATENING BUT
NOT FLOWING INTO THE CLEAN THREADING IN 90+ DEGREE HEAT.
OUTASIGHT!!PRIMO.

WE ALSO NOTE NO EVIDENCE OF RUST ON THE TAPIR ( A FEW PARASITES) WHERE
THERE WERE MINOR POCKETS UNDER THE ALUMINUM. THE ALUMINUM WAS ON FOR A
YEAR, THE COPPER TWO WEEKS. COPPER YIELDS MORE IONS INTO THE INTERFACE
BETWEEN ALLOY AND STEEL POSSIBLY A BETTER ANTICORROSION PROTECTION.

THE CR EASED OFF THE TAPIR WITHOUT PROTEST A NICE GRADUAL WITHDRAWAL.

SO THE BOTTOM LINE IS -THE TUBE HOLED OUT UNDER THE MILD MASSAGE.

THAT LEADS TO TWO CONCLUSIONS-BUY A CAN OF ALUMINUM OR COPPER. THE
ALUMINUM CAN BE FOREVER RENEWED WITH LINSEED. WHAT'S IN THE COPPER
AND IF THE LINSEED REMEDY WORKS???

AND LOCTITE CAN GET ITS EXPLETIVE DELETED TOGETHER AND PACK TUBES
UPSIDE DOWN.

[email protected] wrote:
> TO BE FAIR-I APPLIED LOCTITE COPPER ANT-SEIZE AGAIN AFTER THE USED
> ALLOY CR BEGAN FROG NOISE WORKING ON THE 3-S SPINDLE. OUR LOCAL TUNER
> AND ATB SPEC WOOLEY AT UTM NNNNN HAD TWO IN THE BIN REPLACED FOR 9
> SPEEDS.
>
> THIS TIME I CAREFULLY MASSAGED THE ANTI-SEIZE TUBE.
> SO, AFTER MAYBE SQUIRTING THE FLUID CARRIER THAT SETTLED TO THE TOP
> ONTO THE GROUND, WE WERE NOW IN BUSINESS AS THE GOOD LOCTITE INTENDED
> AND SO IT CAME TO THE SPINDLE'S TAPIR.
> THE COPPER WENT ON THE TAPIR ACCURATELY AND PRECISELY. YAHHHOOOOO!!!
> VISCOSITY WAS DEAD ON HOLDING STEADY AT TAPIR'S LIP THREATENING BUT
> NOT FLOWING INTO THE CLEAN THREADING IN 90+ DEGREE HEAT.
> OUTASIGHT!!PRIMO.
>
> WE ALSO NOTE NO EVIDENCE OF RUST ON THE TAPIR ( A FEW PARASITES)

WHERE
> THERE WERE MINOR POCKETS UNDER THE ALUMINUM. THE ALUMINUM WAS ON FOR

> YEAR, THE COPPER TWO WEEKS. COPPER YIELDS MORE IONS INTO THE

INTERFACE
> BETWEEN ALLOY AND STEEL POSSIBLY A BETTER ANTICORROSION PROTECTION.
>
> THE CR EASED OFF THE TAPIR WITHOUT PROTEST A NICE GRADUAL WITHDRAWAL.
>
> SO THE BOTTOM LINE IS -THE TUBE HOLED OUT UNDER THE MILD MASSAGE.
>
> THAT LEADS TO TWO CONCLUSIONS-BUY A CAN OF ALUMINUM OR COPPER. THE
> ALUMINUM CAN BE FOREVER RENEWED WITH LINSEED. WHAT'S IN THE COPPER
> AND IF THE LINSEED REMEDY WORKS???
>
> AND LOCTITE CAN GET ITS EXPLETIVE DELETED TOGETHER AND PACK TUBES
> UPSIDE DOWN.

THE GOVERNMENT STOLE MY TEETH

/s

On 28 Mar 2005 13:32:16 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

>[email protected] wrote:
>> TO BE FAIR-I APPLIED LOCTITE COPPER ANT-SEIZE AGAIN AFTER THE USED
>> ALLOY CR BEGAN FROG NOISE WORKING ON THE 3-S SPINDLE. OUR LOCAL TUNER
>> AND ATB SPEC WOOLEY AT UTM NNNNN HAD TWO IN THE BIN REPLACED FOR 9
>> SPEEDS.

>THE GOVERNMENT STOLE MY TEETH

AND MY CAPS LOCK KEY!!!

Guy A
Ripley, TN

[email protected] wrote:
> TO BE FAIR-I APPLIED LOCTITE COPPER ANT-SEIZE AGAIN AFTER THE USED
> ALLOY CR BEGAN FROG NOISE WORKING ON THE 3-S SPINDLE. OUR LOCAL TUNER
> AND ATB SPEC WOOLEY AT UTM NNNNN HAD TWO IN THE BIN REPLACED FOR 9
> SPEEDS.

Rest snipped...OHHH NO!!! he found the caps button but now it's LOCKED!!!

Alert the media!!

[email protected] wrote:
> free trip to PR!!!
> google search reveals no one has had their teeth stolen by the
> government!!
> and samples of all never seize products!

See, kids? This is why we should NEVER wrench on the third day of a
chrystal meth binge.

/s

Wooley is not at NNNN but at a scenic location seen from
UTM 17 411940E 2949048N (WGS84/NAD83) at
http://www.topozone.com/ stop by!

The excess fluid is a question. ??
Is the excess part of the cost-production-profit-product efficiency
equation or did management just say the hell with it-ship it!
If the tube goes out upside down then what?? Ruins the mix?
The answer to the problem-upside down-is so obvious it raises other
questions-
the stuff works if the exudate is drained off-the tube massaged to mix
the rest-butbutbut carefulll! the tube is too thin
maybe wal boughtemout?

Crank spindle advice at

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/brandt/installing-cranks.html

Dwells on mechanic's suspicion that mechanic's liabilities for
crank spindle problems such as c-s separation crossing US 1 are curable
in NOT spreading aluminum anti-seize on the spindle so that
1) only a mechanic can get it apart after the c-s gaul together
2) the mechanic doesn't waste time or money spreading anti-seize
(note that BC never seize was experienced as an allergic reaction
sometimes swelling neck and armpit lymph glands)
3) and the owner and would be cripple can't sue for incorrect
application
4) the folklore that too much anti-seize will prevent 1)
5) the spindle and crank can be replaced at enormous cost after
corrosion ruins both when the mechanic spreads salt water on the
spindle.

The copper anti-seize-
after draining the first ¼ OZ excess first fluid-the stuff that comes
out after you first squeeze the thin walled and very fragile tube And
after mixing whatever remains squeezing the tube up and down, stopping
just before the tube splits open

has a perfect viscosity for applications to the spindle. The stuff
comes out very fluid but maintains position as s high walled glob at
spindle's ledge before the abyss leading to those now perfectly clean
spindle threads-the Copper a-s stands still, ready and lightly viscous
for the crank. Ahhh it seems possible that the piece carrying the c-a-s
glop can be held upside down yet retain the glop.The stuff is far
lighter, more fluid than the aluminum a-s and appears to less
evaporative over time but offering more sacrificial ions to the rust
you left on the spindle.

And the nozzle is perfect; Placement, accuracy, volume,
control-excellent!! And believe it or when one stops squeezing the
c-a-s does what? Amazing. The stuff stops coming outa the tube. Nothing
short of incredible. Perfect.

Just squeeze half of it out before actually using the stuff

Or take the intelligent alternative-find another container, cut the
tube open, scrape the stuff out, AND MIX, wondering if loctite had this
in mind and was not dumping its toxic waste onto your naybor's
lawn-the stuff works so well after the fluid is ejackulated and the
remainder mixed.

Copper a-s should offer very little resistance to a perfect seat for
the c-s.

the dry or anti-seize c-s question was a surprise following experience
as a shade tree auto mechanic. Not lubing bolts/nuts/seams with
anti-seize/loctite/silicone brings longer repair times when the parts
corrode together and refuse separation, and causes premature parts
failures.

So, one looks for rational prudent reasons for the dry approach.
One more-earlier on in the ten speed revolution, the LBS brought pre 10
speed experience to the c-s where once installed the c-s would then
disappear into the countryside never to reappear for service as unused,
stored, seldom ridden after an impulse purchase and "never needing"
service.

Then as now riders who rode to ride self maintained the rides.

Wooley, mentioned as the genesis for this diatribe on loctite's
packaging problem, services an in between group, the athlete who rides
for exercise but not to ride as a mechanical, intellectual, and sensory
athletic experience-so these bikes get the wet approach caws woolly, to
use a him as an example, gotta get em apart at some future point.

But that's NOT why you're hear!