Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Copper Anti-Seize Lube: User-Friendly?

Started by (Pete Cresswell) · · Last activity · 5 posts · 585 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
21 September 2004
Last activity
24 September 2004
Original author
(Pete Cresswell)
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
585
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. The guy I bought my ti frame from was big on something he called "TiPrep"...but
    he went on about how toxic the stuff was and that contact with skin SB
    avoided....and so-on and so-forth.

    Didn't like the sound of that, so I went down to the local Napa Auto store and
    bought some of what they call Copper Anti-Seize Lube (Napa Item# 765-2569).

    Container's label doesn't sound real friendly - but not many do...

    So, bottom line: do you wear gloves when you're smearing this stuff around?
    --
    PeteCresswell

  2. (Pete Cresswell) said:

    The guy I bought my ti frame from was big on something he called "TiPrep"...but
    he went on about how toxic the stuff was and that contact with skin SB
    avoided....and so-on and so-forth.

    Didn't like the sound of that, so I went down to the local Napa Auto store and
    bought some of what they call Copper Anti-Seize Lube (Napa Item# 765-2569).

    Container's label doesn't sound real friendly - but not many do...

    So, bottom line: do you wear gloves when you're smearing this stuff around?

    It's not terribly toxic, IIRC. You can get the MSDS for it if you're
    really worried, though.

    http://www.napaonline.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/NAPAonline/msds.d2w/report

    or

    http://tinyurl.com/5tvgr

    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
    Some gardening required to reply via email.
    Words processed in a facility that contains nuts.

  3. Even more specifically:

    http://tinyurl.com/45d2k

    the line most relevant:

    HEALTH HAZARDS: None known
    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
    Some gardening required to reply via email.
    Words processed in a facility that contains nuts.

  4. Werehatrack said:

    Even more specifically:

    http://tinyurl.com/45d2k

    the line most relevant:

    HEALTH HAZARDS: None known
    --

    For some reason the MSDS that comes up is for a different product,
    it is for the anti-size in a tube. 49550-Napa

  5. on 9/21/2004 7:54 PM (Pete Cresswell) said the following:

    Quoted message said:

    The guy I bought my ti frame from was big on something he called "TiPrep"...but
    he went on about how toxic the stuff was and that contact with skin SB
    avoided....and so-on and so-forth.

    Didn't like the sound of that, so I went down to the local Napa Auto store and
    bought some of what they call Copper Anti-Seize Lube (Napa Item# 765-2569).

    Container's label doesn't sound real friendly - but not many do...

    So, bottom line: do you wear gloves when you're smearing this stuff around?

    I used this stuff on my freewheel threads and I just put a dab on my
    finger and spread it around. Of course I washed my hands when I was
    finished. No harm done. (but that third eye coming in should be useful...)

    Common sense...just resist the urge to eat it or schmear it all over
    your body...

    --
    David
    dja--dot--mail--at--comcast--dot--net

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.